news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Doubt this mob will still be here by late 2024, likely an election before then.

Its that 80 majority which makes me doubt something early. But yes that majority was built on the back of the red wall who voted for brexit to try and get some protection from the hyper-globalisation they've been subjected to over the last 20 odd years and now the Tories are doing the exact opposite. Doesn't take a genius to work out why they are polling so badly. 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

For sure

iutll also kill the housing market round here, where people won't sell to people who need a valuation for their mortgage, the houses each side of me recently sold for £50k over asking price. big offers which aren't dependent on a mortgage for financing is the norm for buyers only way to have an offer accepted.

Usual weirdos will shout 'Tory' at me for saying this but interest rates aren't the PM's job, BoE is independent. Interest rates are going up in NZ, Aus, USA, Europe- they have been way way too low for ages.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

iutll also kill the housing market round here

good. prices need to come down.

1 minute ago, Kurosagi said:

Excellent, thanks for this. Cassetteboy at the Glade this summer was an unmitigated joy.

Love cassette boy ... think ive probably been at the last 10 or so ...... wonder what might happen to cassette boy with a change of govt ? id presume they carry on ? .... I mean alan sugar and the torys would still exist 

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Totally agree.

It's only house "owners" who want them to remain high/increase.

Yep, and many that think their house price going up benefits them are totally incorrect.

Defo a few on here and elsewhere that claim to be mega left wing, but ultimately all they care about is their house value

Edited by fraybentos1

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Yep, and many that think their house price going up benefits them are totally incorrect.

Defo a few on here and elsewhere that claim to be mega left wing, but ultimately all they care about is their house value

I know nothing about how house may or may not benefit owners. Never been involved in the housing market and never will.

Tend to agree about folks only caring about their house value.