news & politics:discussion

zahidf

but in other news I have private health insurance with work which I have never actually used, not out of ideology, but I'm just not sure how the whole thing works...anyway, they are now providing digital GPs where we can get through to a GP, digitally I assume otherwise they wouldn't be called digital GPs, so don't have to wait ages for an NHS one. I guess this sort of thing from private health care is going to become more common...maybe it frees up NHS ones? or just part of the slow erosion of state health services? Anyway, I'm alright jack, so f**k you.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but in other news I have private health insurance with work which I have never actually used, not out of ideology, but I'm just not sure how the whole thing works...anyway, they are now providing digital GPs where we can get through to a GP, digitally I assume otherwise they wouldn't be called digital GPs, so don't have to wait ages for an NHS one. I guess this sort of thing from private health care is going to become more common...maybe it frees up NHS ones? or just part of the slow erosion of state health services? Anyway, I'm alright jack, so f**k you.

access to a gp seems to be the new thing to try and get new customers.

i've got a gp appointment in a few weeks, and will go with a list of ailments.

Edited by Neil

59 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and yet I still hear so many people who care about climate change and say we need to change saying  a vote for the Greens is a wasted vote....................... well is seems a vote for red, blue or yellow is a vote to carry on regardless.

round and round. Yes, if everyone voted green that would just be super. But, they're not going to, most won't, maybe 5 to 10% will, scattered across the country, and that could be 5-10% taken away from Labour or Lib Dem in certain marginals...and that could mean a victory for tories. So, if you care about climate change, and live in the real world, your no.1 priority should be to vote to get the tories out.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah I get free health care stuff, which I've never used either really apart from when they give us these health check up things.

I say use them if you can.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

round and round. Yes, if everyone voted green that would just be super. But, they're not going to, most won't, maybe 5 to 10% will, scattered across the country, and that could be 5-10% taken away from Labour or Lib Dem in certain marginals...and that could mean a victory for tories. So, if you care about climate change, and live in the real world, your no.1 priority should be to vote to get the tories out.

Yep exactly. I did wonder this morning when I saw that about the new oil contract, how long it would take someone to moan about Labour and funnily enough it wasn’t long at all. They’ll moan about Labour about anything and wonder why we get Tory governments.

You are right, if you want to combat climate change in this country then the best thing to do is get the Tories out and that’s by either voting Labour or tactically.

The Greens have zero chance of getting into government and I have reservations on their competence when they are in charge anyway take Brighton for example. 

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Am I a moral crusader?

You’re certainly a deeply unhappy and strange man!

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I wouldn’t take lessons from a bully on morals. You are doing just fine.

Deflect all you want, you’re a strange incel who has a bizarre attitude to women. I hope you act better in real life but I highly doubt you interact with any women in real life. 

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Watch out, the thread police are back. 

Embarrassing lol. No apology either. 

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So, if you care about climate change, and live in the real world, your no.1 priority should be to vote to get the tories out.

Labour are only marginally better than the Tories, if at all.

If they get into government watch them backtrack as the industrial lobbyists pile on the pressure.

No one in the government of any developed nation is serious about climate change

Edited by Skip997

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Many of whom were very angry at Russell Brand who began his career by saying such things and saying they were 'just a bit of fun'.

I had to go away from this place yesterday as seeing 'moral crusaders' showing themselves to be all too much like the stereotypical 'macho man' sickened me.

Yeah unfortunately it’s always the same and people are hypocrites. A couple people here think they rule the roost due to their obsessive posting over the last few years. It’s made the place very samey and new people entering never seem to last long cause of them. 

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Labour are only marginally better than the Tories, if at all.

If they get into government watch them backtrack as the industrial lobbyists pile on the pressure.

No one in the government of any developed nation is serious about climate change

marginally better is best we can hope for then, because it is labour or tories.

Edited by steviewevie

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

out of interest what's your view on HS2...I know many environmentalist/conservationists were against...?

Mixed really. There is a desperate need to upgrade the railway network, but a lot of environmentally important land is/will be destroyed.

IMO the money would be better spent on upgrading the national grid ready for an increase in renewables, building more wind/solar farms and improving building insulation.

56 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So if I care about climate change I have to vote for parties happy to have new, massive new, oil and gas production.

Sorry but that is utter bollocks.

It is contrary to all logic.

The point is that none of them are willing to do what is needed and all are happy for new oil and gas - what is the point of voting for that?

Let's all do the same and hope for  a different outcome - or as you say, let's go round and round and hope for a different outcome.

Signs of madness galore.

• Upvote 1