news & politics:discussion

zahidf

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I said it the other day (and before lol) but this is what I mean when I say there’s no consequences for these people. They do wrong, just tell us they should get another chance and expect us to move on. Why is there never any repercussions!?

I think you say in this thread every day!

• Upvote 1

Can anyone suggest any pro-Tory or centre-rightwing twitter commentators for me to follow? Preferably ones that seem relatively intelligent (other than being Tory supporters of course).

My twitter feed and indeed all the tweets shared in this thread aren't very helpful for getting a balanced view on what the rest of the country is seeing and thinking.

3 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Can anyone suggest any pro-Tory or centre-rightwing twitter commentators for me to follow? Preferably ones that seem relatively intelligent (other than being Tory supporters of course).

My twitter feed and indeed all the tweets shared in this thread aren't very helpful for getting a balanced view on what the rest of the country is seeing and thinking.

Tim Montgomerie, Rory Stewart, Katy Balls, Iain Dale?

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think you say in this thread every day!

I think you comment on what I post in here nearly every day too. I’m sorry if you I annoy you. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think you comment on what I post in here nearly every day too. I’m sorry if you I annoy you. 

Ha I actually don't at all! But OK.

48 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Tim Montgomerie, Rory Stewart, Katy Balls, Iain Dale?

Danny Finkelstein used to be OK but he had a shocker on Politics Live a while back.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It was meant as a joke, so I'm sorry.

I'll avoid commenting on anything you say in future!

That’s ok, I didn’t realise it was a joke so sorry for my response back to you. 

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Danny Finkelstein used to be OK but he had a shocker on Politics Live a while back.

You know as a, youngster he was in the SDP and spent years actively campaigning to beat the tories? 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

How do you get a big instant police response to a burglary, report it as loud music from an illegal rave. 

A long time ago when I lived in Eastville I was shocked at how quickly the coppers attended if you phone up in panic and say there are people in the house, a minute or two as compared to how it was if you found they had been and gone. 

Mind you they lost over twenty thousand coppers since then. 

16 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You know as a, youngster he was in the SDP and spent years actively campaigning to beat the tories? 

A long time ago when I lived in Eastville I was shocked at how quickly the coppers attended if you phone up in panic and say there are people in the house, a minute or two as compared to how it was if you found they had been and gone. 

Mind you they lost over twenty thousand coppers since then. 

They shut down a rave just north of here last night and found the numbers to do it. 

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can believe that actually. One of those Tories who always seems a bit embarrassed by Tory ministers.

Fair shout. 

I can recall answering the phone to him when he was chair of the young social democrats, so as someone who didn't closely follow the transition to the Lib Dems I was a tad surprised several years later seeing him commenting on the comings and goings of the tories.