news & politics:discussion

zahidf

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but also...I imagine if May had got her deal through with labour support but not the majority of her own MPs she and her deal probably wouldn't have lasted much longer and we still would have ended up with Johnson as PM and the same brexit. There just didn't seem to be any room for compromise, it was all or nothing, people's vote on one side and hard brexit or even no deal on the other. Whole thing was so stupid in my opinion. I was a remainer but I agreed with Corbyn with the 7/10 for the EU thing...but he got heavily criticised for that...it had to be all or nothing...and we just ended up with bulshit from both sides without an honest discussion about pros and cons of it all, and that maybe we could make compromises and find something that worked best. Anyway, blah blah brexit blah.

Labour played a shit game over Brexit, we could have got a better outcome

I think the national care service idea is a great one. Carers are really undervalued in society and underpaid. As my local cllr said how many people are going to do care work, if they get significantly more working in Amazon.

Poor pay means high turnover of staff and the patient suffers. Good consistent care keeps people out of hospital and will ultimately save money in my view.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think the national care service idea is a great one. Carers are really undervalued in society and underpaid. As my local cllr said how many people are going to do care work, if they get significantly more working in Amazon.

Poor pay means high turnover of staff and the patient suffers. Good consistent care keeps people out of hospital and will ultimately save money in my view.

good carers are like gold dust. 🙂 

is a bit annoying to have different people every day.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

good carers are like gold dust. 🙂 

is a bit annoying to have different people every day.

As well as undervaluing carers, I don't think people really understand their role, unless they come into direct contact. A huge part of the role is the building up of trust, rapport and relationship. I have patients today who would not be alive if it wasn't for first class carers. 

17 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

This idea that you can't go on rumours is bollocks. It's not like the lib Dems where you have to give a role to everyone. They have a huge majority and I'm sure (even with the high amount of sleaze) they could have picked a less controversial alternative.

It’s a lie, they’ll say anything and hope the story goes away. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

isn't that more due to fact they could literally run out of gas?

ore likely to reopen the nukes, a policy that spaffer is already doing for the uk, by extending the life of hinkly point.

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Is it even possible to head this off now? Seems like its baked in and was always going to hit us at some point. Can see businesses struggling to stay open when it hits those prices - both their energy costs and people not being able to afford to go to them

Edited by efcfanwirral

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is it even possible to head this off now? Seems like its baked in and was always going to hit us at some point. Can see businesses struggling to stay open when it hits those prices - both their energy costs and people not being able to afford to go to them

The government could cap price rises and force energy companies to keep prices low.