Women's safety at music festival

MarieLmz

Hello,

My name is Marie and I am an undergraduate student in International Event Management at the university of Brighton. For my final year project, I am conducting a research about women's safety at music festivals. It aims at evaluating how safe is a music festival for women and also understanding their risk perception. 

It would be great if you take the time to answer my survey as it can help the industry to change and adapt in order to guaranty women's safety. 

It will only take a few minutes, this survey is addressed to women only. 

Link for survey: https://forms.gle/LrRhJxwwuHXnyBs5A

Thank you for your time, 

Marie Limouzin

Hi, I work festival security and event control and also manage stewarding teams at certain festivals. I have dealt with sexual assaults at festivals and lots of well-being incidents. Happy to help! Have a lot to say about the subject. 

12 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

All done for you I work in security and stewarding but have a special interest in Child and adult exploitation! So would be interested in seeing the results of the survey! 

If I end up having a good grade I might put it online :) Thank you for doing the survey, it is a very nice community over here ! 

Marie 

We were walking over bellas Bridge last year about 2 in the morning and saw this girl looking a bit how can I put it... Out of place.. Anyway I said to the wife we should have a word and it turned out that she was completely lost.. Didn't know where abouts she was where here tent was and worst of all she had lost her boyfriend.. We chatted for a about 10 minutes all the time she was getting more upset.. She was on pills as were we so to try and take her mind off of the situation I started asking her about her day etc.. Then after about 20 odd minutes this lad runs up over the bridge nearly going past us but she pointed him out and we got him reunited with his girlfriend who was in tears cos he was there... 

Ive been to a few festivals and if I see a lady who is looking not quite OK I ALWAYS go to make sure.. I suppose because I'm always with the 97/100 it makes a difference but I'd hope most men and women would and should have it in their minds to look after the younger people of the festival scene.. Lady's and men. 

At boomtown last year I was sat against the fence at the lions den when a beautiful girl called STAR stopped to make sure I was OK.. She stayed till the wife got there had a drink and a chat with us and was on her way.. I felt really grateful cos that was one of the hardest festivals I'd ever done.. For personal reasons.. 

So I say to everybody look around and look after each other cos.. And even if people aren't in need of help and you ask them then it might just brighten up there day.. 

• Upvote 1