Roskilde 2020

alan_ts

35 minutes ago, jonathansoegaard said:

I am very happy this year. It is getting a lot of shit on facebook, but everything does these days. I expect it to sell out faster than ever.

Is it? For me personally it's the best lineup of the season so far.. Really considering doing this over Rock Werchter this year...

1 minute ago, visdave34 said:

Is it? For me personally it's the best lineup of the season so far.. Really considering doing this over Rock Werchter this year...

They have sold out record fast the last two years and have said they expect to do it even faster again this year. It was end of April last year I think.

They do always come with a "few tickes" announcement on facebook. But last year it only took a couple of hours after that message came out.

You are most welcome. Amazing festival :)

4 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Same for me. Roskilde has the variety in bigger names which Werchter lacks a bit. 

How amazing to have Deftones and Swift playing behind each other! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EV123 said:

Same for me. Roskilde has the variety in bigger names which Werchter lacks a bit. 

How amazing to have Deftones and Swift playing behind each other! 

Roskilde is combining bands who in Belgium are playing on various festivals like Dour, Graspop, Rock Herk... it is their strength! But they also lose acts (Northside, Tinderbox).

great festival, great vision, a great partner for other festivals like rw

• Like 1

A rock solid line up for me with a core of 3-4 artists every day I know I will enjoy from different genres. And many names I don't know to check out. I suspect we will get a few more names when the schedule drops in a month or two plus the usual arts and DJs stuff still to come.

Just seen the lineup and found this thread. Very very tempted to make this my first Roskilde festival - flying solo from Manchester. Probably go Wed-Sun.. what can the regulars on this thread recommend? I heard the weather generally is pretty tough which is a bit of a worry (I'm a hardened festival goer but rain seems to get more difficult year on year lol).

Is there always plenty of room to camp? I wouldn't be arriving till 6pm ish on the Wed I suspect so don't want to arrive and find no room in the inn!

Any advice appreciated 🙂

Edited by shikkster

8 hours ago, shikkster said:

Just seen the lineup and found this thread. Very very tempted to make this my first Roskilde festival - flying solo from Manchester. Probably go Wed-Sun.. what can the regulars on this thread recommend? I heard the weather generally is pretty tough which is a bit of a worry (I'm a hardened festival goer but rain seems to get more difficult year on year lol).

Is there always plenty of room to camp? I wouldn't be arriving till 6pm ish on the Wed I suspect so don't want to arrive and find no room in the inn!

Any advice appreciated 🙂

Recommendation 1: Do the entire festival if you are into having a blast / party. It is tough partying 8 days in a row, but the warm up days are such anarchi and just letting lose. You will find friends.

Weather: Weather is not a guarentee, but most festivals are nice, hot and sunny. I think it is around 1 in 5 that gets hit by too much rain, clouds and cold temperatures. May the odds be in your favor.

Room: Camping fills up within hours, but if you arrive late ask the volunteers to help you find a spot. Camping is included, so they have to help you find a spot. It will not be prime position, but if you look at the map, nothing is far away from the site. There is NOT plenty of room. Tents are pitched very closely together.

I'm going  regardless but still not that impressed with the line-up. Although I've seen plenty of people saying it looks incredible, so is there anyone in particular you'd recommend checking out? Maybe I'm overlooking a lot of names

44 minutes ago, shikkster said:

Bahhh.. thats my decision made then I guess. You snooze you loose!

I'm sure you'll be able to find one if you try!

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm going  regardless but still not that impressed with the line-up. Although I've seen plenty of people saying it looks incredible, so is there anyone in particular you'd recommend checking out? Maybe I'm overlooking a lot of names

I'm sure you'll be able to find one if you try!

Well all years are great at Roskilde I think because the Line-up is always so fresh and diverse. Personally this year is amazing for me, where other years needs more digging. This year I've been blessed in the top with Kendrick Lamar, The Strokes, Anderson .Paak and The Whitest Boy Alive that i really look forward too.

What genre are you into :) ? 

For hip-hop this year I'm going for in priority:

Kendrick Lamar, Anderson .Paak, Sampa The Great, Tyler the Creator, Pusha T, Rapsody, Slowthai, Suspekt (danish band, but will be an insane party), Dave.

For Rock/Indie I'm going for in priority:

The Strokes, The Whitest Boy Alive, Elder, Fat White Family, Cage The Elephant, Faith No More, Tropical Fuck Storm, Deftones, Ride, Big Thief.

World music party! I need these every year at Roskilde

Gyedu-Blay Ambolley, Fatoumata Diawara/Angelique Kidjo special show, Africa Express, Nkumba System.

I'm rarely into electronic, pop or metal music. 

Edited by jonathansoegaard

• 1 month later...