Worthy View (or alternatives)

BigMarv

39 minutes ago, jo1980 said:

There are some additional security checks between WV and the festival. They are pretty random, and definitely not as thorough as the initial check from car park to WV campsite, but they definitely do happen. 

I also have heard that the lock ups are a great place to leave any items you don't want to keep taking to and from the festival site.

14 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

I also have heard that the lock ups are a great place to leave any items you don't want to keep taking to and from the festival site.

Izrite didn’t think of that. Don’t fancy sniffing from a bag that I’ve been tucking/untucking down my balls for 4 days.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Que?

You're not allowed to smoke in the pre-erected camping? Not even the wackki tobakki? 

This is troubling news, as a Academy Award winning actor I need my creative juices to be flowing at all times.

Yeah I guess u can, but he likes a bit off wacky backy, I just thought they do searches in and out of WW

Sorry if this has been asked already but how easy are WV tents to get? Is it something that I might miss out on or will I be ok providing I'm ready to go at 7 tonight?

I know the coach priority thing is a new spanner but going off of previous years...

Just now, 1986 said:

Sorry if this has been asked already but how easy are WV tents to get? Is it something that I might miss out on or will I be ok providing I'm ready to go at 7 tonight?

I know the coach priority thing is a new spanner but going off of previous years...

They will sell out in around an hour. Your odds are good if you're ready to go but you might not get first choice.

However, we're in unchartered waters with the coach ticket priority and Sticklinch changes this year. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

they do the usual bag searches between car park and campsite, just as between general car park and general campsites. like general camping, these searches are very lax in my experience.

at the bottom of the steps at the fence/pedestrian gate, they check for wristbands, sometimes they do proper searches. in 2017 we got properly searched, pat down, pocket checks etc the first time, I saw a few people getting more thoroughly searched off in a gazebo to the side.

every other time though, it was just a wristband check from what I remember.

if you have anything, just crotch it, or stick it in your sock, before you get to the bottom of the steps, and then take out when you're through and at the longdrops just inside the fence.

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

they do the usual bag searches between car park and campsite, just as between general car park and general campsites. like general camping, these searches are very lax in my experience.

at the bottom of the steps at the fence/pedestrian gate, they check for wristbands, sometimes they do proper searches. in 2017 we got properly searched, pat down, pocket checks etc the first time, I saw a few people getting more thoroughly searched off in a gazebo to the side.

every other time though, it was just a wristband check from what I remember.

if you have anything, just crotch it, or stick it in your sock, before you get to the bottom of the steps, and then take out when you're through and at the longdrops just inside the fence.

Cheers