Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Me too although this is the most unlikely one ... although ive won tickets before so not impossible :) 

I keep hoping that there is some kind of weighting that makes it more likely that you've won if you ordered early. Logic tells me it makes sod all difference but I feel like if you ordered the book back in June without even knowing about the competition you deserve an extra entry. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I keep hoping that there is some kind of weighting that makes it more likely that you've won if you ordered early. Logic tells me it makes sod all difference but I feel like if you ordered the book back in June without even knowing about the competition you deserve an extra entry. 

i hoped it was going to be only for the ticketless .... the ones that have been successful have had enough happiness with getting them to start with :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

i hoped it was going to be only for the ticketless .... the ones that have been successful have had enough happiness with getting them to start with :) 

I could roll with that as that would up my odds again. I'm checking my e-mails 100's of times a day and sadly all I've got is spam!! 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I could roll with that as that would up my odds again. I'm checking my e-mails 100's of times a day and sadly all I've got is spam!! 

prompting me to check mine ... and ive had an apple id security alert for about the 5th time today 

Edited by crazyfool1

11 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Picked up our book today, but I’m afraid not good news on Emily looking at the spread sheet . Was all a bit rushed , Emily did mention my Silverhayes crew hoodie and wife’s Pilton Party hoodie, but not much more interaction than that ?

i have only had a quick scan of the book , I must say , it looks AWESOME , 

I’ve just this minute finished it ... although it should get many more reads . Shame about the spreadsheet but there are plenty more occasions to come :) 

57 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I’m sure I have been told , Michael and Emily have next to nothing to do with tickets, they just hand it over wholesale to SEE tickets, it kinda makes sense considering the logistics of it all ,  they have enough on there plates .

what we need is a insider in see tickets!

on another note m queuing in the rain did make me reminisce about Glasto 2016 lol

I’m sure they have an allocation that see give them to be alloted to various Worthy :) causes though 

10 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

So we've ballot and Waterstones likely to be announced this coming week... I assume after that it's a barren spell competitions wise until the new year?

Also interested how the ballot works; if someone doesn't claim it does another reg get drawn? Would be a shame if entries went to waste!

Yeah they have said the person has 7 days (I believe) to claim the prize and if they don’t then they’ll forfeit their prize and they’ll draw again.

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Surely, surely, someone in this thread will have some success (or know of someone who has) in the ballot this week so we're not all hanging on our emails all week? 

You'd presume they will be sent out the same time.

presume nothing :) this is Glastonbury there is no pattern festival of contemporary performing arts after all :) 

16 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Surely, surely, someone in this thread will have some success (or know of someone who has) in the ballot this week so we're not all hanging on our emails all week? 

You'd presume they will be sent out the same time.

You’d think...  but it won’t stop be checking everything ... all the time!

15 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

So. Let me check.

Both ballot and Waterstones this week yes? What days? Do we know?

We get 24 hours to confirm with Waterstones? 

We get 7 days with ballot? 

Correct but both have a few days to contact us and to receive a reply 

OK. Next question. What do we think are the odds of this happening?

Don't think Waterstones publish how many they have sold but given it's number one on Amazon there's a few being sold. I'd guess Waterstones is pretty unlikely/lottery chance!

The ballot. Well this is probably only committed glasto goers entering here. After all you've got to pay for your tickets so you actually want to go rather than I'll just take a punt. Plus you had to be registered. Maybe 10,000 people entering? Or I being wildly optimistic? So roughly 1 in 200 chance? 

Hmmm. 

Edited by semmtexx

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

OK. Next question. What do we think are the odds of this happening?

Don't think Waterstones publish how many they have sold but given it's number one on Amazon there's a few being sold. I'd guess Waterstones is pretty unlikely/lottery chance!

The ballot. Well this is probably only committed glasto goers entering here. After all you've got to pay for your tickets so you actually want to go rather than I'll just take a punt. Plus you had to be registered. Maybe 10,000 people entering? Or I being wildly optimistic? So roughly 1 in 200 chance? 

Hmmm. 

I think the odds are higher than that. I dont think the ballot was particularly pushed... mentioned once on the official Twitter and held on the main site. I think there will be than 10,000 entrants though.

I hope everyone bought their book off Amazon and the Depository to increase chances. However, all the pre-orders count and Waterstones was the one pushed early...

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think the odds are higher than that. I dont think the ballot was particularly pushed... mentioned once on the official Twitter and held on the main site. I think there will be than 10,000 entrants though.

I hope everyone bought their book off Amazon and the Depository to increase chances. However, all the pre-orders count and Waterstones was the one pushed early...

I thought it was only Waterstones who had the competition wasn't it? 

Really hope you're right about the odds being higher!! ?

Edited by semmtexx

1 minute ago, semmtexx said:

I thought it was only Waterstones who had the competition wasn't it? 

Oh that's what I mean, I don't think I put it across well. 

All the pre-orders count towards sales, only the Waterstones ones to the competition. I hope everyone else ordered off the slightly cheaper Amazon etc. However, Waterstones was the store officially pushed when the book was first announced so I imagine they got the bulk of initial pre-orders (this competition entries).

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Oh that's what I mean, I don't think I put it across well. 

All the pre-orders count towards sales, only the Waterstones ones to the competition. I hope everyone else ordered off the slightly cheaper Amazon etc. However, Waterstones was the store officially pushed when the book was first announced so I imagine they got the bulk of initial pre-orders (this competition entries).

Another good reason to avoid Amazon then!