Pukkelpop 2020

TheNewUnion

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

Lots of potential with the top 4 names, Thundercat, Parquet Courts, Ty Segall, Black Midi, Shame....

I can see Shame being put at the same spot as Idles last year. Kokoroko also has a lot of buzz around them at the moment. 

Think all the names you've mentioned will be there. Caribou is a definite now surely and it's been 3 years since MDM so good chance he'll be there too. Surprised Thundercat's not been at Pukkelpop before so must be a good chance of him being there this time. Castello headliner possibly?

11 minutes ago, DDave said:

Think all the names you've mentioned will be there. Caribou is a definite now surely and it's been 3 years since MDM so good chance he'll be there too. Surprised Thundercat's not been at Pukkelpop before so must be a good chance of him being there this time. Castello headliner possibly?

Caribou also tours in July, so he could also play Werchter or Dour. He is very likely, but wouldn't call him definite. 

4 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

I was really expecting Bad Religion to play. Sad sad news for me.

Its unbeliveable how smaller festivals as Lokerse, Brakrock, Sjock... steal Pukkelpop all the great rock and punk bands that tour during august in Europe. 

Then they will book BMTH, You Me At Six or Deaf Havana for the 1.000th time

On top of that Graspop (since a couple of years) and Alcatraz (since this year) also take their share of the availble hardcore/punkrock bands and I think this will be increasingly the case. It could very well mean the end of Groez, Brack, Ieperfest... At the end you can spend a euro only once.

51 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

I was really expecting Bad Religion to play. Sad sad news for me.

Its unbeliveable how smaller festivals as Lokerse, Brakrock, Sjock... steal Pukkelpop all the great rock and punk bands that tour during august in Europe. 

Then they will book BMTH, You Me At Six or Deaf Havana for the 1.000th time

Brakrock and Sjock aren't really big threats to Pukkelpop, Lokerse Feesten is quite a big fetival.

But I agree PKP books boring bands like You Me At Six and Deaf Havana to much. Pukkelpop books bland bands for these  kind of genres. 

• Upvote 1

F**** sake, Carl Cox is hosting his own stage at Dour. Beginning to think we're never going to see him at PKP.

Might change my mind after tomorrow's announcement but I'm well happy with all the bands RW have got so far. Was worried some of them might clog up the PKP bill and make a big dent in the finances but they've thankfully seen to that. Dour on the other hand are becoming a bit of a nuisance booking bands and DJs each year I'd love to see here so will definitely be keeping a close eye on what they do in the next couple of months.

First proper gauge of what to expect though will be next week with Lowlands. They usually drop about 15-20 names but the big question is what seizure-inducing website layout will they choose this year?!?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Semprini said:

F**** sake, Carl Cox is hosting his own stage at Dour. Beginning to think we're never going to see him at PKP.

Might change my mind after tomorrow's announcement but I'm well happy with all the bands RW have got so far. Was worried some of them might clog up the PKP bill and make a big dent in the finances but they've thankfully seen to that. Dour on the other hand are becoming a bit of a nuisance booking bands and DJs each year I'd love to see here so will definitely be keeping a close eye on what they do in the next couple of months.

First proper gauge of what to expect though will be next week with Lowlands. They usually drop about 15-20 names but the big question is what seizure-inducing website layout will they choose this year?!?

Haha, sick bags at the ready! 

Fucks sake was my first reaction to Carl Cox at Dour an all and agree about the RW bands too. 

I'd bet a million pounds Dua Lipa will be a Pukkelpop headliner now she's not in the latest RW names. 

Again, not massively disappointed by anything we'll miss because of it apart from Disclosure. Thought LG and Haim might be there but not gutted they're not. Probably most surprised Tones and I aren't at Pukkelpop, the kids are lapping that shit up at the moment. 

Looking like a head/subheadliner pool of Dua Lipa, Nick Cave, Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend, Major Lazer, Robyn, Khalid and Editors to me. 

I'd take that, with a strong undercard like 2019.

One month algo I was sure that Liam G. Bad Religion and Placebo were nailed for Pukkelpop 2020 and i had high hopes for Pixies as well... but it seems that they have no interest in 90’s bands anymore... last year it was an exception, and I think that 2020 will be similar to 2018...

Suede is the only 90’s nice band around that still has not been stolen by other belgian festival, but Lokerse has still lot to be announced and probable they will be there.

Edited by johnybegood

1 hour ago, DDave said:

I'd bet a million pounds Dua Lipa will be a Pukkelpop headliner now she's not in the latest RW names. 

Again, not massively disappointed by anything we'll miss because of it apart from Disclosure. Thought LG and Haim might be there but not gutted they're not. Probably most surprised Tones and I aren't at Pukkelpop, the kids are lapping that shit up at the moment. 

Looking like a head/subheadliner pool of Dua Lipa, Nick Cave, Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend, Major Lazer, Robyn, Khalid and Editors to me. 

I'd take that, with a strong undercard like 2019.

Why are you so sure Nick Cave is in the headliner pool?

17 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

Why are you so sure Nick Cave is in the headliner pool?

He's in the March/April round of arena gigs that tend to come back around for Pukkelpop later in the summer, both Belgian & Dutch dates are sold out.

15 years since he's been and the last time was an anniversary also, plus he won't be back at RW so soon so it's logical that if he's at any Belgian festival it'll be Pukkelpop.

30 minutes ago, DDave said:

He's in the March/April round of arena gigs that tend to come back around for Pukkelpop later in the summer, both Belgian & Dutch dates are sold out.

15 years since he's been and the last time was an anniversary also, plus he won't be back at RW so soon so it's logical that if he's at any Belgian festival it'll be Pukkelpop.

Okay, I am with you, I hope he will come, but at the moment there are zero rumours about him playing in August. 

I think it is a bit wishfull thinking...

On the other news, Reading and Leeds just put an announcement telling they are not cancelled. Weird. 

2 hours ago, johnybegood said:

One month algo I was sure that Liam G. Bad Religion and Placebo were nailed for Pukkelpop 2020 and i had high hopes for Pixies as well... but it seems that they have no interest in 90’s bands anymore... last year it was an exception, and I think that 2020 will be similar to 2018...

Suede is the only 90’s nice band around that still has not been stolen by other belgian festival, but Lokerse has still lot to be announced and probable they will be there.

You can't blame them though. When Noel G. played in 2015, he drew an embarrassingly small crowd. 

On 1/31/2020 at 7:03 PM, Dietediet said:

You can't blame them though. When Noel G. played in 2015, he drew an embarrassingly small crowd. 

Similar with Stone Roses in 2013. Must have only been a third of the crowd size of Foo Fighters the same year and the atmosphere was poor. Shame, as the band were actually on really good form. 

14 hours ago, TommyLC said:

Similar with Stone Roses in 2013. Must have only been a third of the crowd size of Foo Fighters the same year and the atmosphere was poor. Shame, as the band were actually on really good form. 

As discussed many times before.. the main stage at Pukkelpop at times is a strange beast. Looking back, I'm amazed the Roses even got booked.