Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, rummy said:

I wonder if festivals pay premiums for announcing artists first. It would make sense from a marketing perspective. But the other festivals that week have pretty much announced the whole line up so what's the hold up?

That's a good question I keep asking myself each year when following Open'er's announcements 😛 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+ Big Thief I guess it's the best day of announcements in Open'er history.

Very realistic, trustable band and management. Nice to have them in the business. 

And Roskilde invests in more various things, what makes your festival better. This is not the fact for Open'er.  A very important thing in the business is to be always stay in touch with the agen

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, gregory said:

new names soon 

they always inform about the day of announcement, unless it is the same day as announcement of announcement (yeah, it's complicated). So it should be today, but who knows? They're unpredictable...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, coming from the UK to opener and just got a few questions. 

1. What time does the festival start and finish each day (time of first act and finish time of last act.)

2. What are the prices like for alcohol, is cider available?

3. What’s the best way to get back into Gdansk from the festival, does the SKM still run at night, would UBER be cheap?

Would appreciate the responses, thanks guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dawsy07 said:

Hi guys, coming from the UK to opener and just got a few questions. 

1. What time does the festival start and finish each day (time of first act and finish time of last act.)

2. What are the prices like for alcohol, is cider available?

3. What’s the best way to get back into Gdansk from the festival, does the SKM still run at night, would UBER be cheap?

Would appreciate the responses, thanks guys. 

1. First acts start around 4PM, the last ones are around 3AM, but I think the festival site is open till 5AM with some other activities going on.

2. Beer is around 10-12 PLN, the same for cider. Some stronger booze from 12 PLN up.

3. SKM is running 24/7, so firstly you take the festival bus to Gdynia Glowna station and then a SKM train to Gdańsk. 

 

Edited by mln
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dawsy07 said:

Hi guys, coming from the UK to opener and just got a few questions. 

1. What time does the festival start and finish each day (time of first act and finish time of last act.)

2. What are the prices like for alcohol, is cider available?

3. What’s the best way to get back into Gdansk from the festival, does the SKM still run at night, would UBER be cheap?

Would appreciate the responses, thanks guys. 

Haven't been to Opener but UBER is ridiculously cheap in Poland... took a 40 min uber for 3 of us and cost £9.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mln said:

1. First acts start around 4PM, the last ones are around 3AM, but I think the festival site is open till 5AM with some other activities going on.

2. Beer is around 10-12 PLN, the same for cider. Some stronger booze from 12 PLN up.

3. SKM is running 24/7, so firstly you take the festival bus to Gdynia Glowna station and then a SKM train to Gdańsk. 

 

Thanks for the quick reply, do you have any tips for first timers? I’ve heard that you can’t pay in cash for food and drink so how does it work and where do we exchange our printed tickets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawsy07 said:

Thanks for the quick reply, do you have any tips for first timers? I’ve heard that you can’t pay in cash for food and drink so how does it work and where do we exchange our printed tickets. 

You can pay with your card, debit or credit, it doesn't matter. I think it's convenient, what would I do with all those zlotys left in my wallet? They also had some kind of tokens years ago, but not anymore. Tickets are exchanged for wristbands at the entrance to the festival. Or at the railway station, where the shuttle buses start as well, I think? Can't really remember, we always got our wristbands at the site.

You have to walk quite a distance to a place where you can call an Uber, so it's better to use a shuttle bus and then take a train (or uber) to Gdansk. It wasn't that cheap AFAIR, but still cheap (20? maybe 30 EUR) from Gdynia to Gdansk. If you share the cost between two or three people it's still a bargain. Trains are extremely cheap, like 2 EUR, so you can go to Gdansk by train and then walk or take an Uber to your hotel/flat. It isn't that easy to buy tickets for those trains though, if you don't speak the language, but Poles were super helpful.  

Damn, some good memories from that fest.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When going back from the festival to town each day: are the shuttle busses organized well or are there longer waiting times?
Left after Kasabian in 2015 and it was easy but Disclosure played after Kasabian so not many people left when I did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bury420 said:

When going back from the festival to town each day: are the shuttle busses organized well or are there longer waiting times?
Left after Kasabian in 2015 and it was easy but Disclosure played after Kasabian so not many people left when I did.

It obviously depends on the number of people attending in a particular year. I always stay on the campsite, but I heard that there were quite long queues to the buses in 2018 when the festival sold out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...