Open'er 2020

mln

7 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Do you really Roskilde doesn’t want Kendrick? 

But probably Open'er wants him very badly too and his schedule fits better with Open'er than Roskilde. But as I said earlier, I'm not that sure anymore.

20 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Problem is that not every band wants to play opener. So some agents refuse to work with that festival. Roskilde is far more professional. If a band can choose, they choose Roskilde most of the time. 
but opener can pay good money. That helps.

That's interesting. But Kendrick played Open'er in 2013 and then he played in Krakow on a festival organised by Alter Art, so maybe there weren't any problems in that particular case.

3 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Problem is that not every band wants to play opener. So some agents refuse to work with that festival. Roskilde is far more professional. If a band can choose, they choose Roskilde most of the time. 
but opener can pay good money. That helps.

Can you explain what makes Open'er so "unprofessional"?

I mean they were able to get The Strokes instead of anyone else :D:D

20 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Less bands?

And Roskilde invests in more various things, what makes your festival better. This is not the fact for Open'er. 

A very important thing in the business is to be always stay in touch with the agents, bands, entourage... That is a difficult thing for Open'er. They forget things, forget to answer, some things that were in the contract, the backstage... That's why they are always struggling to bring their line up together. 

Bands like to come to festivals were everything is well prepared, like Roskilde & RW. Or Eurockeenees... 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

And Roskilde invests in more various things, what makes your festival better. This is not the fact for Open'er. 

A very important thing in the business is to be always stay in touch with the agents, bands, entourage... That is a difficult thing for Open'er. They forget things, forget to answer, some things that were in the contract, the backstage... That's why they are always struggling to bring their line up together. 

Bands like to come to festivals were everything is well prepared, like Roskilde & RW. Or Eurockeenees... 

This lack of professionalism can also be seen on their social media and communication with fans. Announcements of announcements that then don't happen, unclear rules regarding named tickets, unclear headliner indications when at first a band is called as a co-headliner or not headliner at all and then out of a sudden its status changes to a headliner, banning users who criticise them. It's quite strange that such an experienced promoter has the same problems each year.

10 minutes ago, mln said:

This lack of professionalism can also be seen on their social media and communication with fans. Announcements of announcements that then don't happen, unclear rules regarding named tickets, unclear headliner indications when at first a band is called as a co-headliner or not headliner at all and then out of a sudden its status changes to a headliner, banning users who criticise them. It's quite strange that such an experienced promoter has the same problems each year.

Correct. That doesn’t help.

Too much work for a small team I think. 

48 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Makes sense! Btw. you said more dates for RHCP soon. Still valid? You think they add a second leg in Europe in July or later for August / September fests?

Just now, rummy said:

I'm surprised at the unprofessionalism though. From an attendee point of view, I've always had a great time with no issues. I've been to much worse organised festivals, suffering through primavera for example, as well as some major ones in the UK.

Well, compared to RW it's really day n night organisation wise,  but crowd wise open 'er festival is way better.  

11 minutes ago, kingtulip said:

Well, compared to RW it's really day n night organisation wise,  but crowd wise open 'er festival is way better.  

Can you name any examples? Asking just out of curiosity, never been to RW nor Roskilde. 

38 minutes ago, mln said:

Can you name any examples? Asking just out of curiosity, never been to RW nor Roskilde. 

The main thing is  crowd capacity control at RW, especially at front row at main stage and at the barn/klub c, it may look like a bad thing as if it's full u may not able to see a band, but honestly if u were late to get ur spot then sorry, because for example last year at open'festival during travis scott at front row was really overcrowded and people were being squashed in the crowd or moshpits and i saw a lot of girls leave or passed out and dragged at the special lanes. And things like power bank rentals, showers, hot water at camping, charging stations, rave tent at the camping area where u can go after the festival day is over and party until 4,  stages being really close to each other, the field is really kept, cuz u can trip over at the open'er field :D,  closed stages at openér festival don't have rubber mats, in 2017 for example at yung lean gig there were a lot of moshpits going on and because of that there were a lot of dust, a sandstorm actually inside and i had to leave earlier because started to have asthma attack. But the biggest minus of rock werchter is crowd, seriously i haven't seen such lifeless crowd (overall),  with bigger bands like TOOL or The Cure at the main stage it's just a boomer gathering with people literally standing and not even moving (which in this is case is kinda understandable) which kills the vibe really bad but i was shocked how people inactive were last year at BMTH,parkway drive, mac demarco, the good the bad and the queen..  people get grumpy over moshpits,  and there are guys who sell beer in the crowds with portable dispenser are annoying as hell, happened a lot to me when my favourite song is playing and the dude in front of me decides to order 6 beers and you're just standing there not moving so you don't trip over his beer.. I enjoyed crowd tho at some modern acts like Denzel Curry, suicideboys and brockhampton..  If only we could blend open'er crowd with everything else at RW it would be an ideal festival :D  But still if u manage to somehow not to pay attention to people around you, which is kinda hard tbh, it's  a great festival, line up and organisation is on top (but it's just my experience and opinion) 

Edited by kingtulip
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Pepole said:

Another announcement on friday! Any guesses? Walk the moon, Milky Chance, based on the picture.

Don't draw any conclusions based on the picture, that's their usual design.

I guess The Killers or Kendrick, if it's gonna be a headliner.

• Upvote 1