The Jazz on offer this year was roaring.

Xeph1995

watching Kamasi Washington, whilst having a shuffle behind my ironing board, thinking about how much fun it must have been to be dancing in the field. Dd not think I'd be one to want to dance to jazz blaming it firmly on years of listening to Giles Peterson ?

Why's there been no mention of Kokoroko? Are they not jazz? ?‍♂️ I'm not so great with genre distinctions. Either way they were excellent, strong contender for best thing I saw all weekend, seriously up there with The Cure and Hot Chip.

Janelle's band were watching in awe from the side, Jeff Goldblum was also stood there with one and in his ear and a phone to his other, just go somewhere quieter Jeff.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was at Kokoroko with my kedgeree. Really enjoyed them but with starting late they only seemed to be on stage for about 20 minutes.

They got about 50 mins in the end, did you wander off? They announced the end of the show about twice and then got told they had more time.

What was going on Sunday morning? We headed to Eyre Llew in John Peel but that had been pushed back to a 12 o'clock start so we sacked it off as we'd miss Hollie Cook headed down to West Holts and caught most of Kokoroko which we thought we'd miss due to the John Peel detour. Did everywhere start late?

Sad to hear Kokoroko were good - spent their set hopping around like a mad thing as my mates were allegedly ready five times over but not actually moving in the right direction.

How comprehensive is iPlayer this year I wonder. Holly then Jeff made it all good though. 

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

Kamasi playing Truth was an all time highlight. Two drummers, five simultaneous melodies, unbelievable tekkers. 

Yeah I loved that. After a lengthy Saturday night it took most of Sunday to get myself together. Roy Ayres followed by Kamasi proved to me the restorative powers of extended jazz funk workouts. Then Janelle happened.

A soul cleansing evening if ever there was one. 

15 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One of my Lessons Learned from a few years back:  everyone can assemble at the nominated stage in their own time.  Prevents me sitting in the tent watching everyone faffing about while the actions already kicking off elsewhere.

These are wise words, I'd usually stick to it but failed! And it's not on iPlayer boo

On 7/6/2019 at 7:20 PM, mcshed said:

What was going on Sunday morning? We headed to Eyre Llew in John Peel but that had been pushed back to a 12 o'clock start so we sacked it off as we'd miss Hollie Cook headed down to West Holts and caught most of Kokoroko which we thought we'd miss due to the John Peel detour. Did everywhere start late?

Eyre Llew wasn’t actually pushed back. They messed up the line up timings on the screens ? shame as they might have pulled in more of a crowd. A lot of people saw the screens and buggered off but they started bang on 11:15am. I managed to watch all of them and all of Hollie Cook!

2 minutes ago, KHazza said:

Eyre Llew wasn’t actually pushed back. They messed up the line up timings on the screens ? shame as they might have pulled in more of a crowd. A lot of people saw the screens and buggered off but they started bang on 11:15am. I managed to watch all of them and all of Hollie Cook!

Ahh tits, we got there at 11 saw the screens saying 12 and thought fuck this can't imagine we where the only ones.

Edited by mcshed