INmusic Festival 2020

gregory

39 minutes ago, activean said:

Again predicting Faith No More for tomorrow announcements, third time's a charm.

Pixies would definitely play at INmusic festival but looks like their tour stars in July, so that's why a solo concert in August..

There is already a metal act, what do you think about Liam Gallagher, Cage The Elephant or why not Anderson .Paak? Too early for an Alt-J comeback? 

I was thinking about Thom Yorke but his schedule rules him out. 

Edited by alan_ts
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gregory said:

Yep fair play, that's arguably the biggest name they've ever had (commercially) 

Really? In Belgium Nick Cave and The Cure shift much more tickets than the Killers nowadays. Both sold out their 25K capacity arena (the Sportpaleis) in no time (Cave did it in approx 10 min!), whereas Killers didn't even sell out that place.

Don't know if it's a big difference in Croatia.

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Really? In Belgium Nick Cave and The Cure shift much more tickets than the Killers nowadays. Both sold out their 25K capacity arena (the Sportpaleis) in no time (Cave did it in approx 10 min!), whereas Killers didn't even sell out that place.

Don't know if it's a big difference in Croatia.

I don't use spotify but I'd guess The Killers have more total plays than any other act that has played INmusic (aside from maybe KOL and AM). Know it's not a foolproof measure of success but they are very popular, big stadium UK tour next year already sold out. Know the UK is not Europe though ( 😢 )

13 minutes ago, gregory said:

I don't use spotify but I'd guess The Killers have more total plays than any other act that has played INmusic (aside from maybe KOL and AM). Know it's not a foolproof measure of success but they are very popular, big stadium UK tour next year already sold out. Know the UK is not Europe though ( 😢 )

Yeah, I was talking about ticket sales of course. Which is a bigger gauge to see how 'big' an act is for a festival than Spotify streams. I'm not doubting Killers are bigger than Cure/Cave in the UK though. But here I live they aren't. :)

I think wordwide Killers are bigger than Cave, but let's just agree they are in top 3 Inmusic biggest names so far easily. 

They are huge around here no doubt about it, played solo show in Ljubljana in 2009, that's like a solid hour from Zagreb in front of 30k crowd, which happens once in ten years. 

So The Killers/Deftones /Beck, how would you rate that, how is that compared to last year? 

27 minutes ago, activean said:

So The Killers/Deftones /Beck, how would you rate that, how is that compared to last year? 

Not the biggest set of headliners but for my tastes it's really really good, same level of 2018 (for my tastes again). 

Deftones are one of my favorite band of all time;

Beck is also an artist that I like particularly;

I used to be a huge fan of The Killers since I saw them live in 2012, anyway I really appreciate them on records :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gregory said:

I still think Deftones might be a tier 2 headliner, they don't really have the "anthems" that other headliners have do they.

Agree but for me a setlist like this is better that 1000 anthems 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2018/petco-park-san-diego-ca-23965c6b.html

Edited by alan_ts

• 2 weeks later...