Finding you way about

Festival Survival Guide

I’m with the OP in that I went to my first Glastonbury in 1986 & didn’t fully work out the significance of ‘The Railway Line’ until 2007 when a I used it a lot because I camped in Paines at one end of it, & it was a less muddy route than most, and then I realised that just about everywhere is somewhere off that line, & the things that aren’t off that line kind of fall into place because of the things that are.

The railway line is actually the key.

However, I would be sad not to have had the 20 years of getting completely & utterly lost before I realised this. So everyone should just try to get hold of one of those pens from Independence Day that make you forget everything & not know this for at least a few Glastonburies for the full experience.

To be fair the OP does make some sense, I camp in Pylon so it's a simple follow the Pylons when I am wasted. I always struggle with which way to "follow the Pylons" and often end heading in the wrong direction and veering back towards the bright lights of the SE corner, One year I will work it out, I hope not though...

1 hour ago, amfy said:

I’m with the OP in that I went to my first Glastonbury in 1986 & didn’t fully work out the significance of ‘The Railway Line’ until 2007 when a I used it a lot because I camped in Paines at one end of it, & it was a less muddy route than most, and then I realised that just about everywhere is somewhere off that line, & the things that aren’t off that line kind of fall into place because of the things that are.

The railway line is actually the key.

However, I would be sad not to have had the 20 years of getting completely & utterly lost before I realised this. So everyone should just try to get hold of one of those pens from Independence Day that make you forget everything & not know this for at least a few Glastonburies for the full experience.

I think you're confusing The Railway Line with The Monorail.