MJP

EE site phone reception

17 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

EE is excellent, don't they boost the signal on site? Obviously my memory is hazy but I think we had unbroken 4G all weekend!

dodgy memory im afraid ... 4g patchy in the daytime once people are up and about at least it was on my phone 

We have a groups WhatsApp group for the weekend to arrange meeting if we split off, and didn’t have any issues in 2017. My entire group were sending photos back and forth of flags near where we were standing - a lot easier than trying to describe the flags.

I'm on Giffgaff/O2 and had a terrible time even with texts the last 2 festivals.  Internet access - forget it. I could set up a burner on EE but I don't think I care enough.

We have been on Vodafone ( 2015 & 2016 ) never had to many issues, as I remember a good 4g signal , which is more than I can say for my battery life . We will be taking 4 charger packs this year 

EE was really good in 17, didn’t they have signal boosters on site? Invested in another charger , so that’s three we have. To be honest can’t be arsed calling anyone  on the other side of the fence. Always like to take a few vids and photos though. 

I've had Three the past 5/6 festival and the coverage was terrible, only being able to get signal on the outskirts of the festival etc

One of the reasons I switched to EE as my friends on there network have always had perfect connection

EE have a permanent mast on site.

https://www.silicon.co.uk/networks/broadband/glastonbury-4g-ee-213089

If you want to know more about their set up and why it's a better signal than the rest:

http://telecoms.com/482875/exclusive-the-facts-and-figures-behind-ees-glastonbury-temporary-network/

• Upvote 1

I miss the simpler times, before Phones. you would be shut off from the outside world,

you would know nothing about the outside world until you got in the car and turned on the radio. if you lost mates you had to wait till you got back to camp.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, crazyfool1 said:

dodgy memory im afraid ... 4g patchy in the daytime once people are up and about at least it was on my phone 

Probably a good thing and means I wasn’t constantly on my phone haha!

8 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I miss the simpler times, before Phones. you would be shut off from the outside world,

you would know nothing about the outside world until you got in the car and turned on the radio. if you lost mates you had to wait till you got back to camp.

My first time was 2014, I didn’t have any real phone use so we had to plan meeting each other etc. I remember one drunken night meeting my gf at the right time, right place after we’d been off seeing different acts and it seemed like a drunken miracle!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

My first time was 2014, I didn’t have any real phone use so we had to plan meeting each other etc. I remember one drunken night meeting my gf at the right time, right place after we’d been off seeing different acts and it seemed like a drunken miracle!

ha ha 

someone might correct me , but there used to be a post where people would put notes on . saying meet me here there or where ever.

simpler times

14 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

ha ha 

someone might correct me , but there used to be a post where people would put notes on . saying meet me here there or where ever.

simpler times

Still is, as far as I remember, at the meeting point. Though I guess it gets a lot less usage than it used to.