2021 Lineup

2 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Any chance of The Streets this year? How big are they, would they have to sub the "second main stage" at least? 

I'm pretty sure they would yeah so I'm pretty much assuming they won't be there. Think it would be better for 2022 anyways, if the R1 is back feel like theyre the perfect headliner in there

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

I reckon Libertines // Catfish // Stormzy for that day and IDLES // Queens // LG

Yeah, unfortunate again that out of the top 12 acts, Doja Cat will be the only female representation

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

Yeah, unfortunate again that out of the top 12 acts, Doja Cat will be the only female representation

Its awful man, they are so in the past its bad. Like I am buzzing if Libs get announced but that could of gone to Wolf Alice or a female act, not some washed up Indie band (washed up but I love them). If its what i said above I will be happy but annoyed at the lack of newer acts.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Its awful man, they are so in the past its bad. Like I am buzzing if Libs get announced but that could of gone to Wolf Alice or a female act, not some washed up Indie band (washed up but I love them). If its what i said above I will be happy but annoyed at the lack of newer acts.

I mean we've all talked about headliners, but AJ Tracey is a shite repetitive booking that could've gone to Megam Thee Stallion or someone. the Libertines could as you said be replaced by Wolf Alice or maybe even Haim. and Lewis Capaldi, I love him, but i hes not a Reading booking, why not take a chance on Jorja Smith or Hayley Williams or someone

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

I mean we've all talked about headliners, but AJ Tracey is a shite repetitive booking that could've gone to Megam Thee Stallion or someone. the Libertines could as you said be replaced by Wolf Alice or maybe even Haim. and Lewis Capaldi, I love him, but i hes not a Reading booking, why not take a chance on Jorja Smith or Hayley Williams or someone

Petition to replace Melvin with Gerard, I agree completely.

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Lewis is no less of a Reading and Leeds booking than Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish or Charli XCX.

Just now, VCK said:

If the festival needs female artists, how about Alabama Shakes, Honeyblood and Amyl & The Sniffers. All way better than the mainstream pop that people are crying out for on here.

We're crying out for mainstream pop because its good, Dua Lipas album Future Nostalgia (probably haven't heard coz its too mainstream) is on almsot everyones albums of they year list on here. Billie Eilish is up there as the biggest act in the world, and I can't remember Haim or Wolf Alice being mainstream pop.

Megan Thee Stallion is an exciting booking and Lizzo would be class too, all the acts you mentioned wouldnt get massive crowds, many of the ones that have been mentioned by others would. 

1 hour ago, IanF said:

As far as I know there will only be three stages, yes. Remember that the area for a second main stage will take up a lot of space in the arenas at Leeds and Reading and neither festival has much ground to expand on as it is.

One of the sub headliners is a former headliner. I thought it was interesting for me personally because I'm a huge fan of them and they're not an act that have been suggested much despite a good history with the festival. Another sub headliner is a fairly new act, I'm talking someone who only released their debut about three years ago.

Foals probs

Just now, VCK said:

Lewis is no less of a Reading and Leeds booking than Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish or Charli XCX.

So sad songs to cry to that all sound the same is just a good a booking as exciting pop that gets people dancing around.

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Petition to replace Melvin with Gerard, I agree completely.

You flatter me dear sir

4 minutes ago, DMCJ2 said:

Bit off asking people to decide on whether to roll over their ticket only to then drastically reduce the amount of stages and artists

I rolled mine over, pretty shit that i paid £200+ for 120+ acts last year only to pay the same for half the amount this year. However i guess some of the money could go towards testing and stuff

8 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

We're crying out for mainstream pop because its good, Dua Lipas album Future Nostalgia (probably haven't heard coz its too mainstream) is on almsot everyones albums of they year list on here. Billie Eilish is up there as the biggest act in the world, and I can't remember Haim or Wolf Alice being mainstream pop.

Megan Thee Stallion is an exciting booking and Lizzo would be class too, all the acts you mentioned wouldnt get massive crowds, many of the ones that have been mentioned by others would. 

That kind of music doesn't do it for me. I find it soulless and it's marketed at people who don't look outside the top 40 for music to listen to. And I include the likes of Lewis Capaldi, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith and Justin Bieber in that too.

The artists I named are way more interesting, and they actually write their own music.

Edited by VCK

2 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Libertines would be fun, apparently they were decent on their recent tour. Foals would be immense 

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Great on the recent tour.

I saw them in Leeds and was a little underwhelmed by them. Decent, but not as amazing as I was expecting and they seemed to be going through the motions at that stage. Plus they didn't do I Get Along or What A Waster.

If they're playing the QOTSA day I'll be very tempted with a day ticket all the same.

6 minutes ago, VCK said:

That kind of music doesn't do it for me. I find it soulless and it's marketed at people who don't look outside the top 40 for music to listen to. And yes, I include the likes of Lewis Capaldi, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith and Justin Bieber in that.

So Rage Against the Machine who went to number one in 2009 is soulless? Biffys album went to number 1 as did all of LGs

Muse have had 22 top 40 hits

Foals have had all 6 albums in top 40

6 top 40 songs for QOTSA

and Foo Fighters have had 21, shall I continue?

also the goats MCR spent 2 weeks at number 1 and have had 8 top 40 songs, and i do not believe any of the above mentioned are soulless

Edited by Gerard the Fab