2 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Black Eyed Peas was just announced for a festival in Iceland the weekend before RW.....I hope RW wont make a bad lineup even worse by announcing BEP tomorrow.... :o  

Already announced for Les Ardentes, so that bullet is dodged. 

exit DEUS ? they're playing cactus festival in belgium, same goes for Parquet Courts, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Whispering Sons, SX and Faces on TV

edit: nevermind deus just announced on another belgian festival, seems like they're doing as much as possible

Edited by xydroh

11 minutes ago, xydroh said:

exit DEUS ? they're playing cactus festival in belgium, same goes for Parquet Courts, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Whispering Sons, SX and Faces on TV

edit: nevermind deus just announced on another belgian festival, seems like they're doing as much as possible

This means no announcement then I reckon :(

3 minutes ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

My prediction for the next announcement:

The Streets

Cigarettes after sex

Enter Shikari

Mogwai

You me at six

Deaf Havana

Parquet Courts

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

The Twilight Sad

Depressing but I think realistic

Streets, RBCF and Parquet Courts are both at other Belgian festivals so unlikely. 

7 hours ago, 01seb said:

I still find it very strange that Editors don't have a show announced in Belgium this summer yet. That being said, they would slot very easily into the Thursday between Pink and Bastille. I'm expecting them to be announced next (hopefully today). 

Others that I would say are likely to be announced: Vampire Weekend, Foals, dEUS, Hot Chip, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Deaf Havana. Hopefully they give us a nice package of 10-15 names with most of the remaining main stage acts and the Klub C/Barn headliners being announced. 

Maybe Editors don't wanna waste themselves in Belgium and will just skip it this year.

For example Volbeat are very very huge in Germany and playing a massive amount of shows over here but they visited every other european country besides Germany last year, maybe to keep people interested?

The odd thing about Editors.. I think you can't announce them as a TW Classic Headliner and put them as a sub at the regular Rock Werchter the following year.

My bet is on Liam Gallagher as the largest act that is still to come, I heard he's going to sub The Killers at Glastonbury on the saturday, so he could play as a third down on thursday?

I bought a ticket early on as the last few years of RW have been brililant for me.  Once The Cure had been announced followed by Florence, Mumford, etc, while the latter two are not exactly bands i'd pay money to go and see (more of a rocker myself) I thought to myself "yes, another great line-up coming" and plumped for a package. 

I'm sitting here now thinking I might have made a mistake.  While i generally love the undercard, Mad Cool, for me, has more bands I want to see.  Still not the best line-up ever (I appreciate touring schedules are out of RWs control) but I do feel like I should have waited.  RW has so many bands that are not my thing or who I havent heard of before.  I must be getting old :)  Considering seeing if i can sell the package I have, but its a lodge package, not just tickets so not sold out yet) and I feel a bit stuck.

Praying for a couple of names - Strokes, Smashing Pumpkins, Chris & the Queens, Thom Yorke, etc. Plant would be neat. Just something a little more 'guitar' for me. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, IdleWild78 said:

I bought a ticket early on as the last few years of RW have been brililant for me.  Once The Cure had been announced followed by Florence, Mumford, etc, while the latter two are not exactly bands i'd pay money to go and see (more of a rocker myself) I thought to myself "yes, another great line-up coming" and plumped for a package. 

I'm sitting here now thinking I might have made a mistake.  While i generally love the undercard, Mad Cool, for me, has more bands I want to see.  Still not the best line-up ever (I appreciate touring schedules are out of RWs control) but I do feel like I should have waited.  RW has so many bands that are not my thing or who I havent heard of before.  I must be getting old :)  Considering seeing if i can sell the package I have, but its a lodge package, not just tickets so not sold out yet) and I feel a bit stuck.

Praying for a couple of names - Strokes, Smashing Pumpkins, Chris & the Queens, Thom Yorke, etc. Plant would be neat. Just something a little more 'guitar' for me. 

all of these have been ruled out or are nearly impossible, I wouldn't get my hopes up

• Upvote 1