All Points East Festival 2019

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I’m thinking Bon Iver will be one of the presents gigs too. There’s not much else on around the festival weekend so I’m expecting a presents gig and Best Kept Secret to be the start of their tour. I agree with dental that they make slightly more sense as a presents gig too.

I have the down for the festival mostly because I can't think of anyone else who fits the Bjork niche of a more out-there alternative booking. They might just not have one, of course.

Also - I reckon we'll get the festival headliners and the main support acts on Tuesday, plus maybe one of the Presents days. That's what we got on Oct 31st last year - obviously there was an earlier announcement with The National and The xx but that also served to announce that the festival itself was a thing that existed, which obviously won't be necessary this year.

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Genuine question: Why are people hoping certain acts appear on an APE presents day, and not the festival weekend - and visa versa?

I went to a day of each this year and didn’t noticed any difference between the two. What am I missing?

Read up, the festival has more on innit. 3 main stages vs 2 and some extras.

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Genuine question: Why are people hoping certain acts appear on an APE presents day, and not the festival weekend - and visa versa?

I went to a day of each this year and didn’t noticed any difference between the two. What am I missing?

I said it on last page but I see the difference as the first weekend 'Festival' being more pop and dance oriented with rappers and DJ's and the indie bands it has drawing from that sort of thing (eg. dance-punk, indietronica). Then the Presents shows has stuff like The National and Nick Cave which is starkly different so that's more rock-based. There are some that could play both but mainly that's what divides it.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I said it on last page but I see the difference as the first weekend 'Festival' being more pop and dance oriented with rappers and DJ's and the indie bands it has drawing from that sort of thing (eg. dance-punk, indietronica). Then the Presents shows has stuff like The National and Nick Cave which is starkly different so that's more rock-based. There are some that could play both but mainly that's what divides it.

I dunno the Bjork day kinda throws a wrench in that doesn't it? At least on the top end of the line up. See what yr saying tho.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

I dunno the Bjork day kinda throws a wrench in that doesn't it? At least on the top end of the line up. See what yr saying tho.

Hmm only really Father John Misty out of the whole thing imo. Beck branched out into pop and R&B and stuff after about four albums, don't really feel anyone else needs arguing.

But yeah I don't expect it to be 100% true to a rule, it just looks that way when you scan over the lineups. As I said also, they could just completely do away with that on the second year.

11 hours ago, James96 said:

No it's the same set up I think? minus a couple of the really smaller stages (don't think Despacio was on or that DJ stage).

I only went to the national day

X Stage was on for The National day, a couple of bands (The Districts for sure) did DJ sets but it seemed to be very underattended as you would expect. I'm pretty sure the first I even knew of the stage being open that day was checking the official Clashfinder on the train there, seemed very rushed to be put together and a bit pointless, really

11 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Read up, the festival has more on innit. 3 main stages vs 2 and some extras.

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Fair enough. Can’t say I noticed anything deliberate but can see what you’re saying. The line-ups do show a trend. We’ll see tomorrow if that becomes a theme, I guess.

10 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Reckon we will get this leaked around midnight thanks to our lovely friends at the Metro? 

Thinking about it, I'm not sure they actually announced much in the metro last year. The tend to save that for BST, which does make sense considering the audiences. 

Idles US dates seems to put them out the running for this. Defo out of the festival bit, then it only ends the day before the Presents gigs start and you'd have thought they'd want a bit of a breather before hitting the festivals. 

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Thinking about it, I'm not sure they actually announced much in the metro last year. The tend to save that for BST, which does make sense considering the audiences. 

Idles US dates seems to put them out the running for this. Defo out of the festival bit, then it only ends the day before the Presents gigs start and you'd have thought they'd want a bit of a breather before hitting the festivals. 

Was hoping to see Idles pop up here as well, same with Fontaines D.C guess I'll have to pray they play Glasto but will be grabbing tickets for their tour anyways 

7 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

I'm not from the UK so i'm a bit lost in this. Why would it leak at midnight?

The Metro is a free newspaper that gets circulated predominantly around public transport. It's normally released into circulation around midnight for the following day so can often feature announcements that aren't due until the afternoon. The website tends to update around that time too. 

Edited by rhg_99

Just now, diogozsz said:

I'm not from the UK so i'm a bit lost in this. Why would it leak at midnight?

We've had times in the past, as @thewonderwhy pointed out mostly British Summer Time in Hyde Park, where a British newspaper Metro releases it's online version at midnight and sometimes has the announcement in it

2 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

The Metro is a free newspaper that gets circulated predominantly around public transport. It's normally released into circulation around midnight for the following day so can often feature announcements that aren't due until the afternoon. 

Let's hope then. The quicker the better, haha.

Edited by diogozsz

That's a sound booking if not huugely exciting because of how much they get around. Hope they have a good mix of bands supporting them rather than just booking a day of DJs. Stick Hot Chip or Metronomy or summat on the second stage and you're golden.

Edited by Mash011