All Points East Festival 2019

Curiously, the website appears to have done away with the Presents... format. They're now simply split as 'Weekend One' and 'Weekend Two' and this: 

"The 10 day event comprises two weekend festivals featuring the most exciting names in music and four days of free entry and community activities known as In the Neighbourhood."

Suggests they're moving away from having just standalone gigs on the second weekend. 

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Curiously, the website appears to have done away with the Presents... format. They're now simply split as 'Weekend One' and 'Weekend Two' and this: 

"The 10 day event comprises two weekend festivals featuring the most exciting names in music and four days of free entry and community activities known as In the Neighbourhood."

Suggests they're moving away from having just standalone gigs on the second weekend. 

Interesting. They were never really standalone gigs anyway with stacked lineups.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But you couldn’t buy a weekend ticket, as you could with the festival weekend.

True. But you could buy the tickets individually which would have come to less than buying the weekend tickets in advance last year if you waited as a lot of them were offered at knock down rates nearer the time.

Just now, xxialac said:

All I'm saying is that it may seem 'convenient' to buy a weekend ticket now but you'll definitely end up paying more than if you wait as some of the days won't sell out and will be cut price. Each to their own...

I realise that but I was saying what the difference between the weekend and the standalone All Points East Presents gigs was. I wasn’t advising anyone to buy a weekend ticket. :P

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

You have to remember this kind of thing is £5-10 more expensive in London anyway 

But then again gig prices aren't raised when in London, so why should festivals? I paid £55 for Queens and they are debatably bigger than CB and had a much stronger undercard...

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I realise that but I was saying what the difference between the weekend and the standalone All Points East Presents gigs was. I wasn’t advising anyone to buy a weekend ticket. :P

Fair dos.

TRNSMT has a weak undercard, more mainstream/commercial headliners and in a different city. Not a fair comparison.

The weekend thing is a shift in marketing policy. Probably doesn't mean anything major but it at least suggests both are now going to get equal treatment - so same infrastructure and same capacity. 

The interesting bit is whether that means they're going to try to spread the interest in BMTH across the second weekend.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

But then again gig prices aren't raised when in London, so why should festivals? I paid £55 for Queens and they are debatably bigger than CB and had a much stronger undercard...

Eh? Gigs are more expensive in London. Which is totally normal. The costs to stage events or do just about anything in London is higher.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

The weekend thing is a shift in marketing policy. Probably doesn't mean anything major but it at least suggests both are now going to get equal treatment - so same infrastructure and same capacity. 

The interesting bit is whether that means they're going to try to spread the interest in BMTH across the second weekend.

Maybe there’s (even) less of a continued theme for both weekends now.