jj200

big weekend 2019

17 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Was listening to radio one last night and they played Muse, I thought hmm not very Radio One, maybe it's because they're popping up at Big weekend. Then they played Avicci which put that theory to bed.

You never know (about Muse obv) I wasn’t expecting to be announced for Norwich and I saw them there 

3 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

You never know (about Muse obv) I wasn’t expecting to be announced for Norwich and I saw them there 

Their tour seems to have sold terribly so some TV exposure a couple of weeks before would make sense. Would be interesting if they didn't headline!

5 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Their tour seems to have sold terribly so some TV exposure a couple of weeks before would make sense. Would be interesting if they didn't headline!

Headlining at Big Weekend doesn’t really mean much though - if anything probably better for them to not headline as people will want to go to the main shows and won’t buy big weekend tickets instead. Sales can’t be that bad if they added that Bristol show anyway

5 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Headlining at Big Weekend doesn’t really mean much though - if anything probably better for them to not headline as people will want to go to the main shows and won’t buy big weekend tickets instead. Sales can’t be that bad if they added that Bristol show anyway

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Was just thinking more them playing in daylight- they aren't radio 1 headline material anymore I don't think, nobody will be interested! 

They seem to have messed up on the Bristol one because it seemed to be added with an apology and an offer to swap Manchester or London tickets for it. Still standing left for both of those, though maybe I'll get to see a muse gig in manchester without people talking the entire way through if the casual fans aren't bothered....

10 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Was just thinking more them playing in daylight- they aren't radio 1 headline material anymore I don't think, nobody will be interested! 

They seem to have messed up on the Bristol one because it seemed to be added with an apology and an offer to swap Manchester or London tickets for it. Still standing left for both of those, though maybe I'll get to see a muse gig in manchester without people talking the entire way through if the casual fans aren't bothered....

Bit annoyed I payed full price really, bet the twickets will be cheap 

Will it definitely be an English location? I'm a bit out the loop on how they do this but sure they used to rotate between Scotland, Wales, NI as well.

2 hours ago, juneau said:

Will it definitely be an English location? I'm a bit out the loop on how they do this but sure they used to rotate between Scotland, Wales, NI as well.

Last four locations are Swansea, Hull, Exeter and Norwich, and Birmingham will get it in 2022 to tie in with the City of Culture thingy, so anywhere within easy reach of any of those is most likely out. Probably somewhere in Northern Ireland, Scotland or South East England. Maybe North Wales/Blackpool/the Lake District at a push.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Last four locations are Swansea, Hull, Exeter and Norwich, and Birmingham will get it in 2022 to tie in with the City of Culture thingy, so anywhere within easy reach of any of those is most likely out. Probably somewhere in Northern Ireland, Scotland or South East England. Maybe North Wales/Blackpool/the Lake District at a push.

There is no city of culture in 2022, Coventry are getting it in 2021 unless thats what you're thinking but a quick google says the next one is Coventry and even European one has't got Birmingham lined up

12 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

There is no city of culture in 2022, Coventry are getting it in 2021 unless thats what you're thinking but a quick google says the next one is Coventry and even European one has't got Birmingham lined up

oh shit yeah I was getting Cov 2021 confused with the 2022 Commonwealth Games, my bad. Point still stands though, very unlikely to be anywhere in the Midlands this year

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Drawing my own conclusions here but I feel like they always strategically place the event in locations which don't already have a nearby annual music festival, for that reason Chelmsford doesn't fit the bill because of Rize festival / V Festival.

8 minutes ago, ManLj said:

Drawing my own conclusions here but I feel like they always strategically place the event in locations which don't already have a nearby annual music festival, for that reason Chelmsford doesn't fit the bill because of Rize festival / V Festival.

Do you think Pride would rule out Brighton then? Because Brighton is perfect for it in every other respect.

11 minutes ago, ManLj said:

Rize has been canceled I think.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:00 PM, efcfanwirral said:

Why? What did they have to be sorry about? 

43 minutes ago, jj200 said:

If you want the source you will have to wait till the anncoment

Do you know anything else? ??

Where it is? ??

When’s the announcement? 

15 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Do you know anything else? ??

Where it is? ??

When’s the announcement? 

The anncoment is next week sometime