Download 2019

Steve1000

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Power Trip will play main stage in 2019, I’m confident of that. 

Yes they will play the main stage next time they come by but they did just play on the 2nd this year, so i'd give them a year or two more to have new music out before that happens, but they would be a great band to have on main next year nevertheless.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, seant007 said:

Yes they will play the main stage next time they come by but they did just play on the 2nd this year, so i'd give them a year or two more to have new music out before that happens, but they would be a great band to have on main next year nevertheless.

Power Trip didn’t play Download this year, that was Power Flo 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, devilman said:

What's this Kerrang stage shit? Talking of which BMTH are nailed on for R/L next year.

Nah, they’re really not. QOTSA didn’t headline after playing a secret set. It makes it a lot more likely but no way is it nailed on. 

I can see BMTH selling their tour out fast and then being announced as Download headliners at the end of November.

4 minutes ago, battleborn said:

How about:

Main Stage

Code Orange / Dropkick Murphys / Blink 182 / The Offspring / Green Day

Alestorm / Papa Roach / Enter Shikari / Bring Me the Horizon /

Anthrax / Killswitch  Engage / Slayer / AC/DC

Second Stage

Cannibal Corpse / Stone Sour / Hatebreed

Carcass / Thirty Seconds to Mars / The Gaslight Anthem

Thy Art is Murder / Halestorm / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Avalanche

Defeater

Taking Back Sunday

Reel Big Fish

I read that initially and thought ‘Code Orange, Alestorm and Anthrax headlining, you’re mad!’ :lol: then I read it properly and still thought ‘You’re mad!’ 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, RockCatNamedBob said:

Rammstein is their only competition to be ruled out right?

if it's them or Rammstein I think the stones are set

No. Rammstein aren’t the only thing stopping BMTH headlining. Nobody has any idea who is going to be headlining at all. 

BMTH aren’t 1000% for-sure-nailed-on-more-likely-to-play-than-rain-is-to-be-wet certain for R&L next year at all. 

Queens Of The Stone Age were ‘nailed’ on last year after their secret set and they didn’t play this year, so BMTH aren’t either.

BMTH are going to have 2/3 months to sell whichever arena tour they announce which makes it unlikely to be a really lengthy run for me. A tour of 3 UK dates in November that will sell out quickly seems more likely. Once those dates have been and gone, they can be announced as DL headliners. 

A7X did similar when they first headlined, didn’t they? 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

Difference is they can easily demand a Reading headline slot now, they couldn't have commanded a Glasto headline slot back then and still couldn't.

They can easily demand anything to varying degrees of success. 

Their tour is confirmed for November before the album comes out in January.

I’m going to guess that they will headline Downlod in June and then play another bigger arena run next October / November time.

Copping consistently says BMTH every year when he is asked who will be the next band(s) to step up. He wants them. He wanted them on TTS because he name checked them first all the time and he will still want them now. They’re over due headlining the Friday of Download because they should have done it in 2016. Make it happen, AC. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, battleborn said:

Difference is they can easily demand a Reading headline slot now, they couldn't have commanded a Glasto headline slot back then and still couldn't.

Why is this then? What has happened since the days of them getting bumped from headlining Download because SOAD or Rammstein decide to tour without new material? They released a song the other day which, frankly, doesn't make me think they're gonna hold the interest of the new fans gained c. TTS or the old fans. I don't see what else they have done.

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

He say BMTH when asked who he wants to step up, but they wouldn't be the first headliner he's wanted and struggled to get. 

Download and R+L are owned by the same company. They don't compete for headliners, they work together.

Dental is right, Download and R&L don’t compete for headliners. I can see it maybe going like this: 

R&L get the secret set this year. 

UK tour runs until late November. 

Album comes out January. 

American festivals like Rock on the Range etc through to the end of May. 

Come back over and play UK, French and Spanish Downloads in June (probably only headlining UK) 

Announce a bigger UK arena run in the autum for Jan / Feb 2020. 

Headline R&L 2020 as the last UK shows of the ‘amo’ run. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

R&L get the secret set this year. 

UK tour runs until late November. 

Album comes out January. 

American festivals like Rock on the Range etc through to the end of May. 

Come back over and play UK, French and Spanish Downloads in June (probably only headlining UK) 

Announce a bigger UK arena run in the autum for Jan / Feb 2020. 

Headline R&L 2020 as the last UK shows of the ‘amo’ run. 

+ slot at Glastonbury 2019 and you'll be bang on the money. Download will be the first UK shows (bar the album release shows) after the album is released. The arena tour in December 2019 will be the "album tour", and R and L will be the only UK shows of 2020.