Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

@Semprini Thanks for the offer, very good of you. However, managed to sort it out yesterday, a tour of the local bargain shops in my small northern town bore fruit. 99p sachets of Once a Day factor 30. Happy Days!

@Chimme and @Death By Sexy Thanks for the tips. I have Factor 30 sachets to see me through, but should I run out then I know I'm covered (if you pardon the pun).

46 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

What's the ground like in that region now? Debating leaving the walking boots at home and just wearing trainers. The only time I remember the weather being bad (storm aside) I think it was ok but can't really remember. 

It is still dry, but it will rain today and tomorrow. I think the field will be decent.

https://m.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20180813_03661705/pukkelpop-krijgt-eigen-boulevard-ook-dit-is-er-in-2018-nieuw/

Interview with organiser Chokri Mahassine who talks about what's new this year. (in Flemish) 

Some impressions of the festival site. 

Looking forward to Wednesday! 

Edit: Belgian forecasts are talking about possible showers on Thursday evening and night but probably nothing too serious. 

Edited by Stef_P82
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stef_P82 said:

https://m.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20180813_03661705/pukkelpop-krijgt-eigen-boulevard-ook-dit-is-er-in-2018-nieuw/

Interview with organiser Chokri Mahassine who talks about what's new this year. (in Flemish) 

The Lift area looks interesting with the Think tank, the Buzz, Pukkelpop Cafe,...

2 hours ago, Stef_P82 said:

Edit: Belgian forecasts are talking about possible showers on Thursday evening and night but probably nothing too serious. 

Thanks for sharing that (even though I've got no idea what Chokri is saying!!).

Looks like there's bleacher style seating under the canopy entrance to the Lift - no doubt this will be very popular during the evening/night when people want to chill out. You can also see the Dance Hall production from about 1:10 on the clip. Looks like they've got loads of LED screens across the roof which is a big step up from previous efforts. Only pity is I won't be spending much time inside as there's just a handful of bands and DJs I want to see over the weekend. Saw today that Goose are premiering a new show at PKP called 'Nonstop'. Sounds like it's a celebration of their career so far and will encompass all the hits in a continuous mixed.

21 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Thanks for sharing that (even though I've got no idea what Chokri is saying!!).

Looks like there's bleacher style seating under the canopy entrance to the Lift - no doubt this will be very popular during the evening/night when people want to chill out. You can also see the Dance Hall production from about 1:10 on the clip. Looks like they've got loads of LED screens across the roof which is a big step up from previous efforts. Only pity is I won't be spending much time inside as there's just a handful of bands and DJs I want to see over the weekend. Saw today that Goose are premiering a new show at PKP called 'Nonstop'. Sounds like it's a celebration of their career so far and will encompass all the hits in a continuous mixed.

I saw Goose this year in the Netherlands. They played all their songs in one go, without a break, not even a second. Maybe this was the nonstop concept?

5 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

I saw Goose this year in the Netherlands. They played all their songs in one go, without a break, not even a second. Maybe this was the nonstop concept?

According to the Facebook event page it's the first time they're doing it but sounds very similar to what you saw - https://www.facebook.com/events/2122713831381746/

2 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

1 day left!!! 

Gummi bears dressed as cola bottles b2b Wodka: 18:00-19:00 at camping Chill on Wednesday. Heaviest drop of the set will be at 22:00 though. 

39195236_2245689812327527_6123425648041000960_n.jpg

Sounds like an excellent combination - you should try and save some for the meet on Friday!!!

16 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Any local updates on the weather? Girlfriend adamant she is not taking her walking boots so I am hoping for as little rain as possible. Failing that, is there a welly shop in Hasselt :laugh:

Can't speak directly for Hasselt, but I can speak for up the road in Eindhoven where the weather and terrain is pretty similar. It's rained a fair bit in the last few days, but it has also been so dry in the previous two months that the ground is more or less absorbing all the new water and just shrugging (my lawn is still crispy and yellow).

Looks like there may be a shower at  PKP on Thursday evening (with or without a chance of thunder depending on which forecast you read), but between now and then it looks like being warm and sunny, which is going to dry the ground out again in any case.

I can't see there being any problem unless there's a really heavy shower. I'll be in trainers at worst...

Pukkelpop'18 is getting closer! I hope that all of you will have a great time although this year was imposible to me to go to the festival!

Weather is looking great!! Enjoy the weekend and keep us informed!! I will try to follow the festival in social media... It will be so strange for me, to be this weekend far from Hasselt... 

44 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Pukkelpop'18 is getting closer! I hope that all of you will have a great time although this year was imposible to me to go to the festival!

Weather is looking great!! Enjoy the weekend and keep us informed!! I will try to follow the festival in social media... It will be so strange for me, to be this weekend far from Hasselt... 

Thanks @johnybegood really looking forward to it now!

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

Finished work 20 minutes ago,  having a pint. Next stop, Pukkelpop. 11am Flight tomorrow, so should be in Hasselt mid afternoon. See you Friday, or maybe out and about in town tomorrow. 

Were stopping off in Leuven for a few beers then on to Hasselt, where are you likely to be drinking? 

That's the million dollar question. No idea where is good. We usually go to the bar on the corner, but staying in a different hotel this time. Going to the opening party for a bit, then see where the mood takes us. I'd be staggered if we don't end up at the thatched cottage for a bit, then back to town somewhere. 

Went for a pint between trains in Leuven in 2016, it was lovely sitting in that square. Didn't want to leave. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheNewUnion said:

That's the million dollar question. No idea where is good. We usually go to the bar on the corner, but staying in a different hotel this time. Going to the opening party for a bit, then see where the mood takes us. I'd be staggered if we don't end up at the thatched cottage for a bit, then back to town somewhere. 

Went for a pint between trains in Leuven in 2016, it was lovely sitting in that square. Didn't want to leave. 

Think we'll be like that tomorrow. More than welcome to join us.

Still at work. Finish at 8, pack me new underpants, have the usual pre-flight 3 hours of shitty excited/worrying sleep then I'm on my way!

Right, all packed and will be heading off in about 15 minutes to catch the bus for the first part of my journey. Train to Harwich at 7pm and then ferry leaves at 11pm. Spending daytime tomorrow with my friends who live just outside Rotterdam and then it's PKP18 all the way!!

Been a pleasure once again sharing the build up with you all and I can't wait now to get over!! Hope to maybe bump into some of you tomorrow night but if not I'll see you in the PKP Cafe at 1.30pm on Friday! I don't know the layout or how busy it will be but shall we say we'll meet just outside the entrance to the building, by the doors on the left as you face it? I'll likely have a brown polo shirt on.

@TheNewUnion - I'll DM you on Twitter tomorrow night to see where you are/let you know where we are!

16 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Right, all packed and will be heading off in about 15 minutes to catch the bus for the first part of my journey. Train to Harwich at 7pm and then ferry leaves at 11pm. Spending daytime tomorrow with my friends who live just outside Rotterdam and then it's PKP18 all the way!!

Been a pleasure once again sharing the build up with you all and I can't wait now to get over!! Hope to maybe bump into some of you tomorrow night but if not I'll see you in the PKP Cafe at 1.30pm on Friday! I don't know the layout or how busy it will be but shall we say we'll meet just outside the entrance to the building, by the doors on the left as you face it? I'll likely have a brown polo shirt on.

@TheNewUnion - I'll DM you on Twitter tomorrow night to see where you are/let you know where we are!

I'll be there at friday :)

• Upvote 1