Drinks at which bars

guypjfreak

Generally speaking, it is! My no.1 tip is to bring dark rum, which you can then pop into all manner of freshly bought drinks - fresh squeezed lemon juice from the geezer at West Holts, the apple n elderflower from manic organic, yer standard cold bottle of Coke - and drink as you walk around. You'll save a fortune, hydrate well, and maintain a decent level of pissedness from early til late, with many less bog stops than if you're smashing down the pints or cans. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Generally speaking, it is! My no.1 tip is to bring dark rum, which you can then pop into all manner of freshly bought drinks - fresh squeezed lemon juice from the geezer at West Holts, the apple n elderflower from manic organic, yer standard cold bottle of Coke - and drink as you walk around. You'll save a fortune, hydrate well, and maintain a decent level of pissedness from early til late, with many less bog stops than if you're smashing down the pints or cans. 

I second this, but my plan was white rum ;)

On 09/04/2017 at 1:11 PM, whisty said:

I know your back hurts Old son but your legs still work don't they, take a walk round and explore eh :):)

The bar towards the top of the T&C fileds on your right as you walk down hill has 7% ish belgium beer on tap that's quite nice.

Couldn't give you a up thing yesterday but have today.. Just for your cheek mind lol

Thanks everyone keep em coming 

Oh yea old son you forgot my shoulder... Keep up.. My body is falling apart but my heads still there... I think lol 

2 hours ago, scho said:

I second this, but my plan was white rum ;)

Can't drink rum..Everyone is drinking rum at the moment.. I did a stag night with just the stag on rum.. Have never drunk it since lol

On 12 April 2017 at 10:07 PM, balti-pie said:

I agree, there is a (Caribbean?) food stall near green kids field that does amazing homemade lemonade, served with ice, absolutely perfect for a morning pick me up when consumed with added vodka or rum.

24 minutes ago, Miesh said:

I agree, there is a (Caribbean?) food stall near green kids field that does amazing homemade lemonade, served with ice, absolutely perfect for a morning pick me up when consumed with added vodka or rum.

Great.. I am writing this down.. So please keep them coming.. 

Homemade lemonade with vodka sounds grand old son 

On 07/04/2017 at 4:28 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The Beat Hotel definitely serves San Miguel. In the real world, to me San Miguel is just an average lager that I may occasionally have if there is nothing better. At Glastonbury when you've been chugging pints of watered down weasel piss (Tuborg) then a cold pint of San Miguel is like heaven.

Spot on. Never bother with it at home, found it at 1am the other year in a bar in between the pyramid and West Holts and pretty much cried tears of joy. It was possibly the most refreshing pint ive ever supped.

Edited by Familiar2billions

On 07/04/2017 at 9:13 AM, guypjfreak said:

Ooh I like a good bloody Mary. I've tried a few on site but they never hit the button.. I'll put these on the list. Please keep them coming. G

On the subject of bloody Mary's, we went on a bit of a mission one year as they do sort you out if you are feeling a little shite. This is where we found they did them:

The cocktail van in T&C (with the revolving cage on the top where people dance)

Beat Hotel (expensive)

Bar next to the Heaven stage in Shangri La

4 hours ago, saintfletch said:

On the subject of bloody Mary's, we went on a bit of a mission one year as they do sort you out if you are feeling a little shite. This is where we found they did them:

The cocktail van in T&C (with the revolving cage on the top where people dance)

Beat Hotel (expensive)

Bar next to the Heaven stage in Shangri La

Top of the range old son.. I could probably make it to the cage bar before opening a can lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget Pennard Organic. They sell fruit wines, sparkling wine and EPIC rum punch. On the left as you walk from Greenpeace to Avalon.

Honorable mention to the drinks stall in the Greenpeace Farmers' Market. They sell flat and fizzy fruity soft drinks which make SUPERB mixers.

9 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Don't forget Pennard Organic. They sell fruit wines, sparkling wine and EPIC rum punch. On the left as you walk from Greenpeace to Avalon.

Honorable mention to the drinks stall in the Greenpeace Farmers' Market. They sell flat and fizzy fruity soft drinks which make SUPERB mixers.

I found Pennard Organic last year for the first time on the Wednesday afternoon after being at the brothers bar for a few hours. Don't remember much about the evening ! Was lovely wine and we shall be returning this year.

in 2014, my wife and i decided to have an afternoon wander into Glasto Latino in search of a cheeky afternoon cocktail.. It was still sunny when we sat ourselves down in a big comfy leather sofa with all the daily news papers out on the table and enjoyed a very tasty Mojito....Then the heavens opened and Rudimental got cut short by lightning...

we stayed there for a further 4 tasty Mojitos each :D, the evening was a tad blurry.. 

3 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

As the wine sounds great we shall forget the soft drinks bit Mr pp 

22 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Fruit-based drinks for the ladies????

Hello pie_and_a_pint,

First of all I'd like to say thank you for the above comment, which produced a wry smile, and the way things are at the moment, I'll take all the type of smiles I can get.

The second thing was that my eyes wandered over to your interests, and I noticed the mention of the Oxford comma. I then had to look this up, as I hadn't heard of this title for a comma before. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm with you on the Oxford comma - well, part of the way anyway. By this, I mean that I fully believe in the use of the Oxford comma, as opposed to not using it. I can't say that it's actually an interest though. 

Use the Oxford comma folks - give a comma a life.

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello pie_and_a_pint,

First of all I'd like to say thank you for the above comment, which produced a wry smile, and the way things are at the moment, I'll take all the type of smiles I can get.

The second thing was that my eyes wandered over to your interests, and I noticed the mention of the Oxford comma. I then had to look this up, as I hadn't heard of this title for a comma before. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm with you on the Oxford comma - well, part of the way anyway. By this, I mean that I fully believe in the use of the Oxford comma, as opposed to not using it. I can't say that it's actually an interest though. 

Use the Oxford comma folks - give a comma a life.

Hello Yog, hope you're well?

I used to work for the instutution after which the Oxford Comma is named, and it became a habit to add the extra comma in lists, especially when I was writing training documentation. Now I work for a different company and I have to use as few commas as possible to meet with corporate writing styles and it's an absolute nightmare for someone who waffles on like I do... :)

1 hour ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Hello Yog, hope you're well?

I used to work for the instutution after which the Oxford Comma is named, and it became a habit to add the extra comma in lists, especially when I was writing training documentation. Now I work for a different company and I have to use as few commas as possible to meet with corporate writing styles and it's an absolute nightmare for someone who waffles on like I do... :)

Hello pie_and_a_pint,

Yes, I'm well, thanks. Hope that you are too?

I must confess that I'm not always too sure where a comma is or isn't appropriate. I'm sure that there must be many occasions in the past where I have over used them - probably to the utter disdain of those who got better than a C at O' Level in English language. 

I think that you are doing the litter picking this year, aren't you? Good luck with that if you are. :)

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick