Sign in to follow this  
Gucci Piggy

Muse

i'm not going, but i'm interested to see what kind of setlist they do for this. they could do a greatest hits thing and really nail it (or at least do a good job of it), or they could continue to go Drones heavy/shunt their old stuff and it be a bit of a damp fart

I'm expecting 4 off Drones tops, and for The Globalist to be one to be dropped, so that's a significant amount of set time saved for some good stuff.

Origin Of Symmetry of course got played in full last time so I don't expect them to focus on that again, they'll probably stick to just playing 1 or 2 off that. Hopefully Citizen Erased gets played though as in 4 Muse gigs in the past few years I've not had that.

The 2nd Law didn't get much of a look in on this tour, so maybe they'll bring back a couple more off that, but hopefully not.

Personally, I want as much of Absolution played as possible. It's the first album I heard by them and I still think it's comfortably their best, as good as a few of the others are.

I dunno though, maybe as they're probably gonna be playing some US festivals this year for the first time since Drones came out it'll still be a Drones heavy setlist. I fucking hope not though. It's beyond me how a man who wrote the likes of Apocalypse Please and New Born thinks Reapers isn't utter shite.

12 minutes ago, Odessa said:

It's beyond me how a man who wrote the likes of Apocalypse Please and New Born thinks Reapers isn't utter shite.

ha Reapers seems to generally be regarded as the best thing on there round these parts :lol:

Absolution and Black Holes being the most well represented albums in the setlist is the best you can hope for really

One of the best bookings R&L have ever made. The fact they're getting a third summer out of an album that Barack Obama regarded as some of the best hits he's seen since the assassination of Bin Laden shows the dynasty that is Matt Bellamy and some other blokes. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I'm expecting 4 off Drones tops, and for The Globalist to be one to be dropped, so that's a significant amount of set time saved for some good stuff.

Origin Of Symmetry of course got played in full last time so I don't expect them to focus on that again, they'll probably stick to just playing 1 or 2 off that. Hopefully Citizen Erased gets played though as in 4 Muse gigs in the past few years I've not had that.

The 2nd Law didn't get much of a look in on this tour, so maybe they'll bring back a couple more off that, but hopefully not.

Personally, I want as much of Absolution played as possible. It's the first album I heard by them and I still think it's comfortably their best, as good as a few of the others are.

I dunno though, maybe as they're probably gonna be playing some US festivals this year for the first time since Drones came out it'll still be a Drones heavy setlist. I fucking hope not though. It's beyond me how a man who wrote the likes of Apocalypse Please and New Born thinks Reapers isn't utter shite.

So basically you want want but 6/7 years ago!, you aren't alone!

The 2nd Law is awful! It's been OOS and Absolution for me. Some of the riffs from Drones are OK, then the singing starts.

• Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

ha Reapers seems to generally be regarded as the best thing on there round these parts :lol:

Absolution and Black Holes being the most well represented albums in the setlist is the best you can hope for really

I think Dead Inside, The Handler and Defector are good. Mercy is ok. Psycho would be ok if it was half as long. The rest is terrible.

I wouldn't actually mind a few more from The Resistance getting played. Really good album I think despite how much it gets slated by some.

Reapers is super stupid. It can go fuck itself.

Defector is the best song Muse have done for such a long time. It's a shame that it's managed to coincide with such a bad album.

Also I once said Muse when I had a blocked nose and it came out sounding like I'd said "Buse".

• Upvote 1

Kinda sound like Radiohead meets Queen with a bit of RATM thrown in here and there.

1. Origin of Symmetry 2. Black Holes & Revelations 3. Absolution 4. Resistance 5. Drones 6. The 2nd Law 7. Showbiz

Cue the down votes for not putting 2nd law last.

Edited by Foals/Disclosure
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

1. Origin of Symmetry 2. Black Holes & Revelations 3. Absolution 4. Resistance 5. Drones 6. The 2nd Law 7. Showbiz

What the fuck is this you've ruined my thread already.

19 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

8. Swans

Agreed

8 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Agreed

Can only assume the second "want" was meant to say Muse, otherwise I have no idea.

10 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

1. Origin of Symmetry

2. Showbiz

3. Absolution

4. Black Holes and Revelations

5. The Resistance

100000. The 2nd Law/Drones

Showbiz second is m m m m m m m m madness.

9 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Showbiz second is m m m m m m m m madness.

Was close between that and Absolution but yeah why not? Sunburn, Muscle Museum and Showbiz are up there with their best tracks.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Was close between that and Absolution but yeah why not? Sunburn, Muscle Museum and Showbiz are up there with their best tracks.

I think it's good but just that, they were still finding their feet at that point on the whole. Has some brilliant tracks like the ones you've listed but it's average in parts, at least that's my opinion anyway. I'd put the 4 that followed ahead of it.

14 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I think it's good but just that, they were still finding their feet at that point on the whole. Has some brilliant tracks like the ones you've listed but it's average in parts, at least that's my opinion anyway. I'd put the 4 that followed ahead of it.

May I ask which did you listen to first: The Resistance or Showbiz?

Just now, dentalplan said:

May I ask which did you listen to first: The Resistance or Showbiz?

Not quite sure. The first 3 I heard were definitely Absolution, OoS and Black Holes. I can't remember when I bought Showbiz but Muse were one of my favourite bands so I assume I didn't wait until 2009 to buy it, although I was only 12 even when The Resistance came out so not like I had a lot of money to buy albums.

So yeah I'd say I heard them at similar times, but probably Showbiz first.

Just now, Odessa said:

Not quite sure. The first 3 I heard were definitely Absolution, OoS and Black Holes. I can't remember when I bought Showbiz but Muse were one of my favourite bands so I assume I didn't wait until 2009 to buy it, although I was only 12 even when The Resistance came out so not like I had a lot of money to buy albums.

So yeah I'd say I heard them at similar times, but probably Showbiz first.

Fair enough. I was just thinking that I can imagine a lot of their fans now to just listen to Showbiz for 'completion' reasons, if you get what I mean. And as you say they were finding their feet so it sounds pretty basic compared to how bombastic they were by The Resistance and stuff I can imagine it not having much impact. Far and away my favourite anyway, if you couldn't guess.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Can only assume the second "want" was meant to say Muse, otherwise I have no idea.

Haha yes. Why it came out as want I have no idea other than my phone repeating it twice, auto type isn't always the greatest thing.

• Downvote 1