Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

Yeah you're probably right, although I would have thought Kate Tempest would headline Far Out. I think Sleaford Mods will be the after dark headliner. Lambchop are playing the Sunday so it could be them. Battles were low down on the poster last year and they headlined FO Tent so who knows...

That's a surprise, I think it's the best all round line-up of the medium/small festivals

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, artbrut_architecture said:

Yeah you're probably right, although I would have thought Kate Tempest would headline Far Out. I think Sleaford Mods will be the after dark headliner. Lambchop are playing the Sunday so it could be them. Battles were low down on the poster last year and they headlined FO Tent so who knows...

That's a surprise, I think it's the best all round line-up of the medium/small festivals

Oh I assumed off of previous that After Dark ones were a bit smaller. I dunno, not long to find out anyway.

And don't get me wrong, it is a very good lineup but Kiwanuka, The Shins, Tempest, Future Islands, Ryan Adams don't do owt for me. Peej and Thee Oh Sees are the MVP's but I've seen PJ on this tour and those two are bloody clashing anyway! :lol: Then Angel Olsen and Sleaford Mods I'm likely seeing either on tour and/or at Glastonbury. It is really strong tho and it'll look more so when the stage splits come out but I just need a few real biggies, especially having not been before so not in position to flout the big stages.

Only a few more days until we find out the stage splits.

Personally would be very happy with Thee Oh Sees on the Saturday evening. I'm guessing we're definitely assuming Ryan Adams is the Sunday headliner?  

Hoping for a few more late night electronic acts though but I'm guessing that's our lot. 

Yeah Ryan Adams Sunday and The Shins before him I think according to their tour dates.

Of the big font artists I've not already seen I'm limited anyway but Tempest, Kiwanuka, BadBadNotGood and Sleaford Mods I'm looking forward too. Ryan Adams I haven't seen for years and his new album is good. PJ I saw a couple of times on the last tour but she's amazing so that's fine!

Hey up - first time at Green Man this year and really looking forward to it.  Treated myself to a Settler's ticket - just wondering what's going on in the first few days?  Do people stay on site once on or get out into the local countryside?  How much room in the campsite? Is it far from the car park to bring stuff in?  Would a gas barbecue be frowned upon?

So many questions...

9 hours ago, BluePaul said:

Hey up - first time at Green Man this year and really looking forward to it.  Treated myself to a Settler's ticket - just wondering what's going on in the first few days?  Do people stay on site once on or get out into the local countryside?  How much room in the campsite? Is it far from the car park to bring stuff in?  Would a gas barbecue be frowned upon?

So many questions...

7 hours ago, SOAD said:

Has anyone done the Settlers Pass before? What sort of stuff goes on between Monday and Wednesday?

I haven't done it, but it's a mix of on site stuff and encouraging people to do local activities. So there's a settlers stage and bar with local (as in Welsh) music. I think there's been on site activity stuff like on site grassboarding and kayaking in previous years. And then you get discounts to all the local stuff. There'll be tonnes of room in the campsite. I think you park at the end of Blue Car Park, so it should be 5 minutes or less to the campsite.

And BBQs are encouraged rather than frowned upon

http://www.greenman.net/explore/settlers-pass/

It's subsidised so is very good value for money.

4 hours ago, Chawk said:

I haven't done it, but it's a mix of on site stuff and encouraging people to do local activities. So there's a settlers stage and bar with local (as in Welsh) music. I think there's been on site activity stuff like on site grassboarding and kayaking in previous years. And then you get discounts to all the local stuff. There'll be tonnes of room in the campsite. I think you park at the end of Blue Car Park, so it should be 5 minutes or less to the campsite.

And BBQs are encouraged rather than frowned upon

http://www.greenman.net/explore/settlers-pass/

It's subsidised so is very good value for money.

Thanks Chawk!