Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Ashleebanks95 said:

Anyone have any idea when the next announcement will be??

And who do you think it'll be??

so far so good. There's nothing at Beni or Bilbao that i would like to have at Mad Cool. Hopefully stays like this after tomorrow's Beni announcement. Mad Cool announcements are quite unexpected; last one was my favourite, i would have never expected to have Dinosaur Jr, Ryan Adams and Spoon. Hard to say what can we expect. Bush are supposed announce some european dates soon. Live might be back in Europe as well. Primus haven;t got any spanish dates yet. That's my wishful thinking, those 3 bands. I think we might get some news next week

8 minutes ago, Ashleebanks95 said:

Seriously praying for Royal Blood, Cabbage and Sundra Karma! All been announced for BBK  

I would say that all those are now ruled out due to being announced for Bilbao as the festivals are pretty much in direct competition. I'd say the acts that are playing NOS Alive that haven't been announced for BBK/Benicassim are more likely to be playing Mad Cool. So I'd say The XX, Imagine Dragons, Parov Stela and The Kills are all likely for Mad Cool however I think Imagine Dragons will be playing Beni, Parov Stela I'm unsure if they're popular in Spain and The Kills plaed Mad Cool last year so maybe not.

The xx is playing Primavera Barcelona so they are probably ruled out too. Still some hope since Primavera already sold out and The xx are in Lisbon on the 6th with no other concerts that week.

Few others that are around without Spanish dates are Jamiroquai, Lana del rey, Lorde, Pixies, The Hives, London Grammar, Kaleo, Rag 'n' Bone Man. This is not a list of my personal favourites but the fact that they haven’t been announced for Benicassim or Bilbao the last few days makes them more likely for Mad Cool I guess.

6 minutes ago, Finge said:

The xx is playing Primavera Barcelona so they are probably ruled out too. Still some hope since Primavera already sold out and The xx are in Lisbon on the 6th with no other concerts that week.

Few others that are around without Spanish dates are Jamiroquai, Lana del rey, Lorde, Pixies, The Hives, London Grammar, Kaleo, Rag 'n' Bone Man. This is not a list of my personal favourites but the fact that they haven’t been announced for Benicassim or Bilbao the last few days makes them more likely for Mad Cool I guess.

Pixies are playing Low Festival, their only spanish date 

12 minutes ago, Finge said:

Completely forgot about Primavera so yes I think that is probably The XX ruled out too unless they're okay with having them added, it depends what their contract is with Primavera. I think Lorde, Lana Del Rey and London Grammar would all fit into the current Mad Cool lineup.

As i mentioned before, expect the unexpected. MCF were the first festival to announce: Alt-J, Belle & Sebastian, Foster The People, Spoon, Dinosaur Jr., Lumineers, Kurt Vile, Ryan Adams. If it stays like this, there might be more nice surprises. There are many artists touring Europe this summer (haven't been mentioned in this forum) without any spanish dates yet; Gogol Bordello, House Of Pain, Travis Scott, Primus, Placebo, Seasick Steve, Pet Shop Boys, M.I.A, Tears For Fears, James Blake, Deftones, Norah Jones, so plenty to choose from

First timers here for international festivals so any advice appreciated we are doing mad cool then beni we've opted to book our camping seperate for mad cool at arco iris first question how far is this from the festival site and best way to travel into the festival.

For beni we have opted to get the high speed train from madrid to valencia and then the local train into beni is this the best quickest option and when do the train tickets get released as currently not available to buy yet.

Where abouts is the freezone camping in relation to the festival site and what time does the festival start.

Thanks

The camping is 16 miles from the festival, looks a bit tricky to get to the festival. If you want to do it on the cheap looks like you can get 2 busses in to the city and then the metro back out to Caja Magica. Don't think busses will be running at 2am though. 

I'm doing exactly the same as you, getting the train to FIB on the Monday after Mad Cool. I'll send you a message. :) 

On 1/27/2017 at 2:54 AM, pete76 said:

As i mentioned before, expect the unexpected. MCF were the first festival to announce: Alt-J, Belle & Sebastian, Foster The People, Spoon, Dinosaur Jr., Lumineers, Kurt Vile, Ryan Adams. If it stays like this, there might be more nice surprises. There are many artists touring Europe this summer (haven't been mentioned in this forum) without any spanish dates yet; Gogol Bordello, House Of Pain, Travis Scott, Primus, Placebo, Seasick Steve, Pet Shop Boys, M.I.A, Tears For Fears, James Blake, Deftones, Norah Jones, so plenty to choose from

Iggy Pop, Jimmy Eat World, Jamiroquai, Lorde, Solange, Future Islands are also in Europe around M.C.F weekend and without a Spanish festival date so far....

Edited by gregory

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Iggy Pop, Jimmy Eat World, Jamiroquai, Lorde, Solange, Future Islands are also in Europe around M.C.F weekend and without a Spanish festival date so far....

yeah, i know but they been mentioned before, i just wanted to give you some new names. As far as Iggy is concerned, he is busy that weekend, playing in France couple of festivals. 

9 minutes ago, pete76 said:

yeah, i know but they been mentioned before, i just wanted to give you some new names. As far as Iggy is concerned, he is busy that weekend, playing in France couple of festivals. 

He's free on the Thurs and Fri as far as I can tell. Would be a good sub to FF. 

5 minutes ago, gregory said:

I'm having a listen to "A loud bash.." now, sounds great! Were you at the show, how are they live?

I've seen them twice (Pukkelpop 2016 & Madrid show last saturday). Brilliant band playing live but they stopped the show lot of times talking to the audience. They did a couple of covers, one of them sang by a guy in the audience. My fav song is American Girls And French Kisses.

They said during the show that they were coming back to Madrid in July... so... Mad Cool will be the place.

Got the Facebook page up and theyre live with the Radio station announcing the talent winners and others, as posted above i thought i heard them say Foals.

Good additions to the Thursday, heres hoping Friday and Saturday are just as good!