NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Curlygirl,

I kind of do write a book of short stories of my life by posting on this forum. The thing is I can't 'naturally' remember a lot of my life. It takes somebody talking about something on here that triggers a memory. If it's a funny or worthwhile memory I write it down on here. I don't write it down in a me, me, me kind of way, but to entertain people who are bored of reading about how good Radiohead are etc. 

You'll probably be very disappointed in June (tickets permitting) because although not shy in real life, I do tend to stay quiet in new social groups. The exception to this rule though is when I'm a little drunk and stoned, in which case I can be quite chatty. I guess I'll just have to get drunk and stoned before turning up to the efests meet up. That's what I'm looking forward to most about the festival - well that and the NFR NFC meet up. The rest will be a bonus - as will the fact that it'll be wall to wall sunshine. Looking forward to meeting you too in June. It'll be nice to put a face to a user name and have a chat. Apologies right now if I overdo it before the meet and am completely incoherent! :)

Glad to hear you're coming in June.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all. Been an odd / shit week unfortunately thus far. Saw Quark Snr for his 70th over the weekend and he came down with pneumonia, and had the funeral for my friend yesterday. On the plus side the weather was good and the turnout was so good it was standing room only. Ales were drunk and songs were sung. A fitting send off.

Got Friday off to go walking around the New Forest with Mrs Q, so that'll be a good way to clear the brain.

Down in Brighton to watch Ten Fe tonight, think the crowd might just be me and the support act though....

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Evening all. Been an odd / shit week unfortunately thus far. Saw Quark Snr for his 70th over the weekend and he came down with pneumonia, and had the funeral for my friend yesterday. On the plus side the weather was good and the turnout was so good it was standing room only. Ales were drunk and songs were sung. A fitting send off.

Got Friday off to go walking around the New Forest with Mrs Q, so that'll be a good way to clear the brain.

Down in Brighton to watch Ten Fe tonight, think the crowd might just be me and the support act though....

Oh Quark. I feel for you mate. Big cyber hugs. I lost a 35 year old friend last month and it's awful saying goodbye to someone so young. I do hope your dad gets well soon. Try to enjoy the gig tonight

30 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Oh Quark. I feel for you mate. Big cyber hugs. I lost a 35 year old friend last month and it's awful saying goodbye to someone so young. I do hope your dad gets well soon. Try to enjoy the gig tonight

Ah, sorry to hear that CG. Hugs likewise.

He was 54 so a few (!) years on me, but it's still no age. It's the first non-relative funeral I've been to, so just took me by surprise a bit I think. It's all good though.

Support act was actually pretty good, young chap called JW Ridley. He's got some stuff on soundcloud I think.

Going to grab another zero alcohol beer while I wait for Ten Fe. Stoopid driving..... :lol:

Edited by Quark

Just now, Quark said:

Ah, sorry to hear that CG. Hugs likewise.

He was 54 so a few (!) years on me, but it's still no age. It's the first non-relative funeral I've been to, so just took me by surprise a bit I think. It's all good though.

Support act was actually pretty good, young chap called JW Ridley. He's got some stuff on soundcloud I think.

Going to grab another zero alcohol beer while I wait for Ten Fe. Stoopid driving.....:lol:

I don't think I could go to a gig without drinking. I don't like being drunk (although every NFR meet I've been to I've gotten drunk) but I think alcohol certainly raises the enjoyment. Enjoy 

11 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I don't think I could go to a gig without drinking. I don't like being drunk (although every NFR meet I've been to I've gotten drunk) but I think alcohol certainly raises the enjoyment. Enjoy 

I'm thoroughly enjoying my new habit of doing gigs solo and sober! I get to remember them and just enjoy them my own way!

Will make up for it on the farm though. You sort @Yoghurt on a Stick for booze and I'll handle the party cigarettes, and we can all get incoherent together :friends:

11 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

I have considered volunteering but got mixed feelings about that too.. When I do go, Glastonbury is generally my main holiday of the year and I know it sounds selfish, but I want as much time there as possible to be my own. Can't even count the number of petitions I've signed at the festival, but I'm not the kinda guy who'd be suited to recruiting for that kinda thing. If anything, I could see myself litter picking, I'd probably enjoy that and find it quite satisfying until I walk past the same place a few hours later.. Aye, had a few gaps myself too, been 7 times in 15 years, longest gap being 2004-2010 and after that break it just felt magical. I probably will go again, even if it's on my own. Sod it, just this minute fired off an application for recycling crew.

Hi RW,

I've done litter picking once before, and I'm doing it again this year. I'd definitely recommend it. I don't really have any 'contact' or anything to help you get a spot, but I wish you luck in your application. As long as you're OK with early starts, I'd say it's the best way to volunteer, as the shifts finish at noon, so you know you won't get stuck with a shift during the big acts.

Good luck, dude,

Gumby :)

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I'm thoroughly enjoying my new habit of doing gigs solo and sober! I get to remember them and just enjoy them my own way!

Will make up for it on the farm though. You sort @Yoghurt on a Stick for booze and I'll handle the party cigarettes, and we can all get incoherent together :friends:

Yayyy! Tho I can't do party cigarettes. I tried @fatyeti24's party cigarette and he had to hold my hand whilst seeing beans on Toast. I don't remember much of it but I remember I slept for 4 hours from 10pm til 2am! That stuff ain't for me haha! I'm all for seeing gigs sober ish! Just not 100% sober

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Richard,

I do hope that you get on to the recycling crew and are able to make Glastonbury again. People do seem to like the camaraderie in that area, and , of course, it's a meaningful thing to do. It would also mean that you are not on your own, as they'll be a load of people to socialize with as well. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Cheers. Not expecting to hear anything back mind, I know people who've done stewarding but not recycling, so haven't got a recommendation. Recycling suits me down to the ground anyway, I'm environmentally conscious, I cycle, recycle as much as I can... and yeah, the social side too, you can't be a bad un if you're into that eh?

Ok clever it people, why all of a sudden am I getting an email every time someone posts in a thread I've posted in? 

Edit. I may have accidently started following a thread. How do I unfollow it???

edit again... I found it. I've unfollowed it. I don't know how I managed to follow it but it's sorted! Didn't need you lot anyway ;)

Edited by Curlygirl

3 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Ok clever it people, why all of a sudden am I getting an email every time someone posts in a thread I've posted in? 

What notifications are set up for you? If it's sudden then maybe it's a glitch.

I've just been to see a Leeds RLFC tracksuit at a gig. Bizarrely, it had Lee 'Scratch' Perry in it, never had him pegged as a Northern sports fan. Quite a bit of passive smoking going on too.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Condolonsces to you and Curlygirl for your losses. I thought about a true friend who died too early recently. Breaks your  heart, but you know that they'd want you to be happy and carry on. Really do hope that I get to see my mate again though, sometime, somewhere. 

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Condolonsces to you and Curlygirl for your losses. I thought about a true friend who died too early recently. Breaks your  heart, but you know that they'd want you to be happy and carry on. Really do hope that I get to see my mate again though, sometime, somewhere. 

You will Yog 'in my opinion'. I truly believe in the afterlife. I've seen and heard funny comings and goings. Hopefully for all of us it'll be a long time til we do see them again, but I truly think we will x

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

You will Yog 'in my opinion'. I truly believe in the afterlife. I've seen and heard funny comings and goings. Hopefully for all of us it'll be a long time til we do see them again, but I truly think we will x

And my condolences too, to you both Q & CG. There are too many people I want to see again x

Night all.

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

It's a nice thought Curlygirl, and one that I wish for - my mates have said that they'll let me in through the bloke's bog window at the rear of heaven, so I feel pretty OK with things. 

It's still blue skies in Leeds.

Any music suggestions for writing dross in reports anyone please?  I'm on wind down for work but still need to pass on stuff to colleagues.  I'll go and have a look at the self confirmed list and check out Spotify.

Hello! It's sunny here too! :) 

Yog, I am terrified of guns and was very apprehensive about this shooting business, but i did enjoy it after the initial scream, when first firing! It's probably not something I would do again though I don't think.

Regarding booze and party cigarettes etc, I can help too! We'll all be fine! 

Quark, whereabouts int he forest are you going? I love the forest. When you drive past me give us a wave!! :)

9 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hello! It's sunny here too! :) 

Yog, I am terrified of guns and was very apprehensive about this shooting business, but i did enjoy it after the initial scream, when first firing! It's probably not something I would do again though I don't think.

Regarding booze and party cigarettes etc, I can help too! We'll all be fine! 

Quark, whereabouts int he forest are you going? I love the forest. When you drive past me give us a wave!! :)

Not fully decided yet, but we're looking at a loop between Brook and Minstead Village

Sorry about the news @Quark, hope Quark Snr is on the mend.

It's a lovely day here in Sheffield, sun is shining. I've also realised that I need to make new friends, I have a limited number of friends (like everyone) but it's always nice to make more! It's quite difficult as an adult to expand your friend circle.

34 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

It's a lovely day here in Sheffield, sun is shining. I've also realised that I need to make new friends, I have a limited number of friends (like everyone) but it's always nice to make more! It's quite difficult as an adult to expand your friend circle.

I find the old approach of knocking on the neighbour's door 'Can X come out to play' doesn't work beyond being 13.  I have a 'Peer Networking' group (basically a works' pub crawl group) and being involved in the local allotments (yep, rock'n'roll) gets me some friends (edit - just saying I do have other friends, but they're dispersed).  The number of local folk I see has also dropped since the youngest moved up schools, so my gossip is only update every 4 months or so.

Have you thought of any evening classes or groups? I fancy a book club in a pub, but haven't found one yet.

Edited by carlosj