Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

23 minutes ago, thetime said:

How quick will day tickets for radiohead sell out? Instantly or a few weeks, never paid much attention  to day tickets for werchter.

I'm thinking of doing radiohead day at werchter or main square. Even though main square would be easier I don't know much about that fest. 

I'll do it simply : Main Square looks like shit compared to Werchter. It's cheaper but far from being as good as Werchter. Even a "so-so" edition of Werchter is better than any edition Main Square have ever had. The tickets day for Radiohead won't sell out instantly, expect few weeks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Gossard said:

And why don't you think that's a chance?

I think you may be underestimating how big DP are. They wouldn't need to co-headline with anyone, and if they were to share with anyone it certainly wouldn't be a band like SOAD.

Edit - that wasn't me who downrated your comment by the way.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

2 hours ago, eratiti007 said:

After Download France, Nova Rock and Southside, Linkin Park just aded a new date : June 27th at Volt Festival in Hungary.

I believe less and less that Pearl Jam will be there so, Linkin Park might be the 4th headliner with Radiohead, SOAD and Green Day.

Linkin Park, really?

Pearl Jam faith shouldn't be lost so soon, at all actually. I'm getting my hopes up with every day that goes by. 

3 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

Linkin Park, really?

Pearl Jam faith shouldn't be lost so soon, at all actually. I'm getting my hopes up with every day that goes by. 

The thing is that there is no sign at all for a PJ tour. I'd love to have them again but, I don't really believe they'll be there. They should have tour in 2016 but didn't and, if I understood this well, they don't want to go to France of Belgium because of the previous attacks (which is completely stupid btw).

LP didn't sell out in 2011 but they came only twice in Belgium during their all career and still are quite popular so, I think it wouldn't be a bad choice.

I still think Linkin Park will play Graspop. With SOAD out of the picture and GnR heavily rumoured for Werchter Boutique, Aerosmith and Avenged Sevenfold are the only real headliner options left for Graspop. And considering their days all but sold out on the previous times those 2 headlined GMM, it's obvious the festival could still use a major act.

15 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

I still think Linkin Park will play Graspop. With SOAD out of the picture and GnR heavily rumoured for Werchter Boutique, Aerosmith and Avenged Sevenfold are the only real headliner options left for Graspop. And considering their days all but sold out on the previous times those 2 headlined GMM, it's obvious the festival could still use a major act.

Oh right, I forgot about the missing Graspop headliner.

Who could be the last RW headliner ? RHCP are in Poland at the end of July. May be a repeat ? 

36 minutes ago, eratiti007 said:

Oh right, I forgot about the missing Graspop headliner.

Who could be the last RW headliner ? RHCP are in Poland at the end of July. May be a repeat ? 

Have they ever simply repeated a headliner two years in a row. Be surprised if that was the case

1 hour ago, eratiti007 said:

The thing is that there is no sign at all for a PJ tour. I'd love to have them again but, I don't really believe they'll be there. They should have tour in 2016 but didn't and, if I understood this well, they don't want to go to France of Belgium because of the previous attacks (which is completely stupid btw).

LP didn't sell out in 2011 but they came only twice in Belgium during their all career and still are quite popular so, I think it wouldn't be a bad choice.

Last few times PJ were touring Europe, dates were announced in december. If it is not them, your missing headliner probably will be Kings Of Leon

Kings of Leon (2013 and 2014), Editors (2012 and 2013), Muse (2006 and 2007), ... 

So yes, they're not afraid to do repeat headliners. But usually they have a 'grounded reason' for rebooking a headliner, i.e. a new album release in between two editions (Editors/KoL) or the previous show being such a smash hit that the crowd are beggin for a return in their wishlists (Muse). RHCP can't say either of those so...

Also KoL are a certainty in my book, but as a coheadliner at best, which they were in their 2 previous appearances as well. And I think coheadliner structures are the thing we should think at for the remaining headliner options: combinations of bands like SOAD, KoL, Arcade Fire, The National, QOTSA, The XX, ...