Lineup 2018

20 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think they could have stopped doing fests though. They could do a couple of promo shows, drop the album in september and then do stadium/arena stuff through till 2019. I'm sure thats gonna be better financially for them than doing an Eminem/The Killers and playing literally every fest on the face of the earth in one summer

Just out of curiosity, do you believe the 2 stage info could be legit or not?

Just now, Rhysob99 said:

Do people reckon we will know about the “two main stage” in the first announcement?? So if it’s not mentioned in the first announcement, do we completely rule it out?

I'd imagine it'd be mentioned in the first announcement yeah, but if not we'd probably be able to tell by some of the announced acts and whether they line up to the two stage info or not. But like I said, they'd surely mention it.

12 minutes ago, Rhysob99 said:

Do people reckon we will know about the “two main stage” in the first announcement?? So if it’s not mentioned in the first announcement, do we completely rule it out?

I imagine it would be done as it's own announcement. ASSUMING it's true, I can see a timetable like:

Last Week Of Jan: 2 main stages announcement

Brits Week: Foo Fighters confirm themselves + R&L announce the other headliners over the next week (like how the DOwnload headliners were announced) + day tickets released

Mid March: Poster announcement like we usually get with a bunch of lower acts + day splits

15 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Just out of curiosity, do you believe the 2 stage info could be legit or not?

I dunno. My instant reaction is that I hate the idea, so I don't want it to be true. But on the other hand, it's fucking weird (so would be something FR would do), would change the festival up a bit, ideal to test out as you're gonna get more punters with no Glasto, probs a better format for the post-GCSE kids who just wanna get drunk during the day and then go and climb a speaker tower during Eminem etc.

In saying that, I don't think they need to change anything do they? Ticket sales are still pretty decent and they have the potential this year to get a really good set of headliners....

I had thought there was no way but the more I think about it the more I think maybe.....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

I had thought there was no way but the more I think about it the more I think maybe.....

So with that in mind, don't you think there's a possibility that AM could be there as a lot of the info about the 2 stage thing seems to allude to that?

Don't get me wrong, I'd still bet on Foos being there. But I don't think AM can be ruled out. There's been conflicting info for AM, Neil has heard they aren't playing and others have heard they are. However, apart from Foos seemingly fitting well with their tour schedule there's been no info to suggest that they will be there, only someone who posted here (Hunty?) who said he heard they won't.

Like I say, I'd still bet on Foos over AM, but I don't think you can rule them out as you have. This two stage thing will throw a lot of what we were thinking up in the air if true.

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

So do people think next week on the rumoured 26th January or BRITS week for some acts to be announced?

i reckon we will be getting something in the next couple of weeks then as @Mattymooz said, a follow-up announcement around the brits week would be likely.

18 minutes ago, danz026 said:

What about the Sherlocks for an early main stage slot? They were low down the NME last year but have gotten much bigger with the release of their debut album 

They could defo do it. I'm seeing them next month and they're doing very well on their tour dates they've sold out electric ballroom in London and Victoria warehouse in Manchester . 

59 minutes ago, Aech said:

Otherwise it would mean a 3 year tour for Foos, and all their tours are usually two years.

On every foos cycle that I can recall, they've played a UK festival on each of the two years. Considering they play London on June 23rd and then Philadelphia on July 7th I don't think they'll hang around to play TRNSMT. This would mean the only other options are radio 1 big weekend - which they played in 2011 and 2015 so I don't think they'd do it again , or R+L. Surely they wouldn't go two album cycles without playing r+l. 

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

So with that in mind, don't you think there's a possibility that AM could be there as a lot of the info about the 2 stage thing seems to allude to that?

Don't get me wrong, I'd still bet on Foos being there. But I don't think AM can be ruled out. There's been conflicting info for AM, Neil has heard they aren't playing and others have heard they are. However, apart from Foos seemingly fitting well with their tour schedule there's been no info to suggest that they will be there, only someone who posted here (Hunty?) who said he heard they won't.

Like I say, I'd still bet on Foos over AM, but I don't think you can rule them out as you have. This two stage thing will throw a lot of what we were thinking up in the air if true.

If the 2 stage thing is true, we definitely aren't getting both AM & Foos. The AM // Foos // Kendrick dream was a very distant dream anyway, but then getting 3 more headliners on top of that (even if they are shitty Imagine Dragons and Fall out Boy quality) I sincerely doubt.

I just feel like bands like Foos and Arctics don't need to do fests (as shown by how quickly Foos' tour sold out etc.). Foos have said many a time that they love R&L, they have a noticeable gap in touring around R&L, haven't added any more shows onto their UK tour etc. all point to them playing.

AM only have stuff indicating that they won't play, they headlined recently, will have a new album out & back from a hiatus so their own shows will sell out, they are doing fests the other end of the summer etc. Of course I aint ruling them out, by they are in the pipedream stack along with a MCR reunion, not impossible but I would be surprised if they are there

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

If the 2 stage thing is true, we definitely aren't getting both AM & Foos. The AM // Foos // Kendrick dream was a very distant dream anyway, but then getting 3 more headliners on top of that (even if they are shitty Imagine Dragons and Fall out Boy quality) I sincerely doubt.

I just feel like bands like Foos and Arctics don't need to do fests (as shown by how quickly Foos' tour sold out etc.). Foos have said many a time that they love R&L, they have a noticeable gap in touring around R&L, haven't added any more shows onto their UK tour etc. all point to them playing.

AM only have stuff indicating that they won't play, they headlined recently, will have a new album out & back from a hiatus so their own shows will sell out, they are doing fests the other end of the summer etc. Of course I aint ruling them out, by they are in the pipedream stack along with a MCR reunion, not impossible but I would be surprised if they are there

Aye I wasn't suggesting that both AM and Foos will be there, that's not happening whether there's two stages or not.

What I mean is if the two stage info is correct and the first 5 headliners are Royal Blood, BMTH, Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons and Kendrick, then presumably the last headliner will either be Foos or Arctics. But some of the info people have had regarding those names also included Arctics, and another also heard Foos aren't playing. So if the 2 stage info is correct, it seems more likely that AM may be the 6th headliner than Foos.

I'm kinda playing devils advocate here, I do think Foos are more likely. But AM are a lot more possible than you're suggesting IMO (especially if the 2 stage thing is true). They're definitely way more likely than an MCR reunion this year anyway hahah.

17 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

He also said not to read into it too much didn't he? And Neil has info that Arctic Monkeys won't be there. Hunty's info does sync with a couple of the headliners we've heard for the two stages, right, but that's the only link. I think Foos' tour being spread out like it is (with no Scottish date, let's not forget) looks to place them in Europe in August and I just can't see them not playing, and its likely gonna be the back end of Foos' tour whereas the new Arctic Monkeys tour is only just beginning. Even if Arctic do play, I think it's in addition to Foo Fighters at this point.

FWIW if there's no R+L announcement in the upcoming week, I would go as far as to rule out Arctic Monkeys. The festival is seemingly trying the patience of its' potential customers as it is so waiting a few weeks later than all the other Arctic Monkeys dates are announced would be reckless.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

He also said not to read into it too much didn't he? And Neil has info that Arctic Monkeys won't be there. Hunty's info does sync with a couple of the headliners we've heard for the two stages, right, but that's the only link. I think Foos' tour being spread out like it is (with no Scottish date, let's not forget) looks to place them in Europe in August and I just can't see them not playing, and its likely gonna be the back end of Foos' tour whereas the new Arctic Monkeys tour is only just beginning. Even if Arctic do play, I think it's in addition to Foo Fighters at this point.

FWIW if there's no R+L announcement in the upcoming week, I would go as far as to rule out Arctic Monkeys. The festival is seemingly trying the patience of its' potential customers as it is so waiting a few weeks later than all the other Arctic Monkeys dates are announced would be reckless.

Yeah as I said in my last post I am playing devils advocate here - I do think Foos are more likely. It's just that I think Matty is pretty much ruling them out completely where as I don't think that can be done yet given that we don't know if this 2 stage info is legit or not.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye I wasn't suggesting that both AM and Foos will be there, that's not happening whether there's two stages or not.

What I mean is if the two stage info is correct and the first 5 headliners are Royal Blood, BMTH, Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons and Kendrick, then presumably the last headliner will either be Foos or Arctics. But some of the info people have had regarding those names also included Arctics, and another also heard Foos aren't playing. So if the 2 stage info is correct, it seems more likely that AM may be the 6th headliner than Foos.

I'm kinda playing devils advocate here, I do think Foos are more likely. But AM are a lot more possible than you're suggesting IMO (especially if the 2 stage thing is true). They're definitely way more likely than an MCR reunion this year anyway hahah.

I don't see what makes them more likely other than that if they were playing that would be a better range of genres. Thats like saying they should chuck Carly Rae Jepsen in because that too would be a better range of genres (exaggeration I know but you get my point).

I aint sure saying a better range of genres is much more valid than the rabid fans on twitter saying that they think they're gonna be there. I think the rumours are just rumours tbh. It's always hard to tell whats true from "leaks" like that (tho I'm quite cynical when it comes to leaks. It either has to come from someone who seems to have a reliable source, like the Wolf Alice guy, or if Neil adds it to the rumours page I'll give it the benefit of the doubt too.)

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah as I said in my last post I am playing devils advocate here - I do think Foos are more likely. It's just that I think Matty is pretty much ruling them out completely where as I don't think that can be done yet given that we don't know if this 2 stage info is legit or not.

What I'm getting at is I think they're pretty much ruled out, even if the 2 stage info is true :P

Edited by Mattymooz

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I do think overall that Foo's will do R&L which is what evidence alludes to (no Scottish dates and gap in schedule) and AM are doing festivals early summer with people almost being certain there doing TRNSMT. Thats what I feel will happen and thats the most likely to be honest.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I don't see what makes them more likely other than that if they were playing that would be a better range of genres. Thats like saying they should chuck Carly Rae Jepsen in because that too would be a better range of genres (exaggeration I know but you get my point).

I aint sure saying a better range of genres is much more valid than the rabid fans on twitter saying that they think they're gonna be there. I think the rumours are just rumours tbh. It's always hard to tell whats true from "leaks" like that (tho I'm quite cynical when it comes to leaks. It either has to come from someone who seems to have a reliable source, like the Wolf Alice guy, or if Neil adds it to the rumours page I'll give it the benefit of the doubt too.)

Well someone said they'd had info that AM, Royal Blood and FoB were the headliners which they passed off as false before hearing the two main stage thing, so it wasn't just the genre thing.

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing that AM are now more likely than Foos. I'll be shocked if Foos aren't there.

It's just that if the two stage info is true, a lot of what we've previously speculated will be thrown out of the window. I'd say Foos are more likely to be the 6th headliner, but it does give a bit of weight to the possibility of AM being there too. Though as Dental said, we should have a much better idea by next week when AM announce their stuff.