Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I would argue FoB's last 3 albums have been a bigger hit to their popularity than After Laughter was to Paramore's too....

Don't think you could argue that. They went form 3rd Main Stage in 2013 to coheadliner (sub) in 2016.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Sempiternal Stuff is going to start getting dropped from the setlist too, isn’t it :( I know it won’t happen but I would love if TTS was some sort of Trojan horse to get them to the top and now they’re there they go back to Sempiternal style heaviness, because people will lap up whatever they release next anyway. 

And Chelsea Smile and Blessed With A Curse if they haven't already. I have no idea what to expect from them next tbh apart from it most likely being shite. 

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don't think you could argue that. They went form 3rd Main Stage in 2013 to coheadliner (sub) in 2016.

I think they've fucked it with this album though.

This is all a bit confusing, really.

If that BMTH info is true then them being at R&L seems very likely, which would indicate Dan Wilcox's info is likely true, which would indicate that other bit of info we got is likely true.

But then that final piece of info I mentioned said Arctic Monkeys will be there and not Foo Fighters.

But then Neil has Foos as a strong rumour and believes AM won't be there, and I trust his info more than anyone else's.

But three unconnected people with info that backs each other up seems unlikely unless it's true.

@eFestivals is that Foos SR mostly down to their tour dates etc or do you have solid info on them playing?

Just now, Steve1000 said:

What was this?

After Dan Wilcox gave us his info about the two main stages and a bunch of acts, someone else came in and said he'd heard the headliners were Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy (I think) but thought it was weak, then saw what Dan Wilcox had heard and thought that made more sense. He also had heard Foos weren't there.

If the first 5 are Royal Blood, Imagine Dragons, FoB, Kendrick and BMTH then I'd say AM would make more sense than Foos in terms of the mix of acts there. But I'll genuinely be shocked if R&L haven't booked Foos this year. Everything (apart from this two main stage thing) seems to allude to them being there.

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

And Chelsea Smile and Blessed With A Curse if they haven't already. I have no idea what to expect from them next tbh apart from it most likely being shite. 

I think they've fucked it with this album though.

I wouldn’t be fussed at all if the dropped Chelsea Smile. Whilst I love it the song, it’s boring as the only song from that album live, especially when Oli doesn’t bother with the majority of the lyrics. They dropped BWAC last time I saw them.  

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I wouldn’t be fussed at all if the dropped Chelsea Smile. Whilst I love it the song, it’s boring as the only song from that album live, especially when Oli doesn’t bother with the majority of the lyrics. They dropped BWAC last time I saw them.  

I would agree... but it's probably my favourite song of theirs and a guarantee of that would steer me into actually bothering to see them. That said the fuckers didn't even play it at Leeds last time and I enjoyed it enough. 

BWAC is one of my least favourites from There Is a Hell. Still a tune though.

Edited by Steve1000

16 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

If the first 5 are Royal Blood, Imagine Dragons, FoB, Kendrick and BMTH then I'd say AM would make more sense than Foos in terms of the mix of acts there. But I'll genuinely be shocked if R&L haven't booked Foos this year. Everything (apart from this two main stage thing) seems to allude to them being there.

Really? I would say ID, Foos and FoB are all very alt-rocky. BMTH would be the only heavy band there. Foos would make much more sense to help balance it out than AM imo

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Really? I would say ID, Foos and FoB are all very alt-rocky. BMTH would be the only heavy band there. Foos would make much more sense to help balance it out than AM imo

I'd say Royal Blood, BMTH and FOB all appeal more to Foos fans than AM fans. Imagine Dragons probably appeal to both pretty equally but in style they're more of a bland arena rock act like Foos.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I would agree... but it's probably my favourite song of theirs and a guarantee of that would steer me into actually bothering to see them. That said the fuckers didn't even play it at Leeds last time and I enjoyed it enough. 

BWAC is one of my least favourites from There Is a Hell. Still a tune though.

I was so pissed when I last went to see them because two night before on the Halloween show they played Crucify Me (my absolute fave tune of theirs) and then didn’t bother for the rest of the tour. I guarantee they didn’t bother because it would have got a shit reaction from the crowd that is now made up of people who don’t like any sort of heavy music other than Shadow Moses. 

I have a Deftones flag up in my classroom along with lots of other bits and pieces of band merch / photos / posters, so everyone knows I’m into my music and a kid came up to me last week and said that they’re going to see The Hunna but they pronounced it ‘The Hugh-na’. Just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I was so pissed when I last went to see them because two night before on the Halloween show they played Crucify Me (my absolute fave tune of theirs) and then didn’t bother for the rest of the tour. I guarantee they didn’t bother because it would have got a shit reaction from the crowd that is now made up of people who don’t like any sort of heavy music other than Shadow Moses. 

I went to the Hallowe'en show, Shadow Moses was brilliant. Sucker!

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I have a Deftones flag up in my classroom along with lots of other bits and pieces of band merch / photos / posters and everyone knows I’m into my music and a kid came up to me last week and said that they’re going to see The Hunna but they pronounced it ‘The Hugh-na’. Just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse. 

The Bhuna.

I noticed once again this week that they put their tickets on sale at 7am, which no other band does. Must be so their fans can bag tickets before they have to set off for the school bus.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I agree there. The proposed lineup of RB, BMTH, Foos, ID, Kendrick & FOB seems alomost too one dimensional. Kendrick is the only rap, i imagine RB, Foos and BMTH all have a decent overlap in fanbases and i honestly think both FOB & ID are pretty expendable in the sense that neither would have a big impact on ticket sales. 

Whilst Foos are obviously very popular, having AM there would cover essentially an extra fan base (i know loads of AM fans who don’t listen to Foos etc and vice versa). Plus right now AM are much hotter. They’d be the smarter booking imo.

Still do expect Foos though tbh.

Edited by matty13