Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Fall Out Boy's America tour starts the 29th of August, seems awfully convenient timing given the rumours of them coming back.

Oh god it's gonna happen isn't it? Yeah that definitely gives a little more substance them turning up if they deffo won't be touring the US at that point.

Edited by TheWaters

10 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Oh god it's gonna happen isn't it? Yeah that definitely gives a little more substance them turning up if they deffo won't be touring the US at that point.

Certainly seems like the pieces are falling into place for this whole 2 stages 6 headliners thing. FOB & BMTH seem to be pretty likely now, Kendrick, Imagine Dragons & Royal Blood feel likely to me too. 

Now id guess the final spot is between Foos & Arctic Monkeys. Suspect it’ll be Foos though i’d prefer AM.

5 minutes ago, matty13 said:

Now id guess the final spot is between Foos & Arctic Monkeys. Suspect it’ll be Foos though i’d prefer AM.

I'd also be predicting Foos, although one of the people who had info aligning to the 2 stage/6 headliner thing said they didn't think Foos were headlining, which would allude to AM being a more likely final headliner. In terms of a mix of acts/fanbases, I think AM would add more variety than Foos to those other 5 headliners.

It would still be pretty weird if they have missed their chance of booking Foos this year though, unless there's some other reason that we don't know yet which would explain it.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 minute ago, Breakfast club said:

What is the goal of having to main stages anyway? I've never heard anyone asking for a second mainstage, I hope that they just leave it alone. Anything but an Imagine Dragons headline spot.

More spots for larger acts. Most people aren't buy tickets to see Marmozets or OFf Bloom or High Tyde or some other smaller NME/Pit/Dance act. Most people buy tickets off of who the large acts are, so if they can double the amount of headliners, even at the exoense of a couple of the small stages, that's good for them

Just a thought, but we've been so confident that Foos would play this year, with AM either next year or 2020 if Glastonbury get them 2019. Perhaps it'll be the other way round - R&L getting AM this year knowing that it'll be harder to get them next year and saving Foos for 2019 as one of their last shows of this tour. There'll probably be a lot less competition to get Foos next year compared to getting Arctics next year, so perhaps they're already pencilled in to headline 2019.

Guess it depends on whether Foos are still touring by summer 2019, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. And then Green Day could perhaps be the 'big' band in 2020. I think it seems more reasonable for them to be touring properly then rather than 2019.

Edit - just to be clear, I'm talking here in the mindset that the 2 main stage thing is true

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aech said:

Within the space of a couple of days this forum has seemingly gone from shitting on anyone that thought Arctic Monkeys might be playing to predicting them over Foos.

I'm not necessarily predicting them over Foos - if this two stage info is false then I definitely think Foos will headline over AM. But if this new info is correct then it throws a lot of what we were thinking up in the air - it would have been impossible to even predict this a week or so ago.

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Just a thought, but we've been so confident that Foos would play this year, with AM either next year or 2020 if Glastonbury get them 2019. Perhaps it'll be the other way round - R&L getting AM this year knowing that it'll be harder to get them next year and saving Foos for 2019 as one of their last shows of this tour. There'll probably be a lot less competition to get Foos next year compared to getting Arctics next year, so perhaps they're already pencilled in to headline 2019.

Guess it depends on whether Foos are still touring by summer 2019, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. And then Green Day could perhaps be the 'big' band in 2020. I think it seems more reasonable for them to be touring properly then rather than 2019.

Yeah, we have looked at it at one angle. The thing could Dudey Rhinos information be true from the interview, and what about the information we were told to scrap about AM playing...

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yeah, we have looked at it at one angle. The thing could Dudey Rhinos information be true from the interview, and what about the information we were told to scrap about AM playing...

There's been so much conflicting info that obviously some isn't legit. Shouldn't be too long now till we find out.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

There's been so much conflicting info that obviously some isn't legit. Shouldn't be too long now till we find out.

Was it you who did that copy of two main stage look poster @SomeoneListeningIn? If so could you put in on so I could make one please, if not its fine. AM are doing one of TRNSMT and RandL in my opinion, its just which one...

I mean, AM being around more isnt the only reason why foos seem more likely. Foos tour dates have a gap for R&L whereas Arctics seem to be touring early summer etc.

In saying that, I think the PR firm switch could be a hint towards the 2 stage thing. What better time to change how you're gonna market the festival than when you are switching other stuff up too. Last time they switched it up was when we got the separate Dance and 1xtra stages iirc right?

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Was it you who did that copy of two main stage look poster @SomeoneListeningIn? If so could you put in on so I could make one please, if not its fine. AM are doing one of TRNSMT and RandL in my opinion, its just which one...

They'll definitely be at TRNSMT, but that wouldn't make a difference to whether they play R&L. R&L have always shared headliners with TITP/TRNSMT, including Kasabian last year.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, AM being around more isnt the only reason why foos seem more likely. Foos tour dates have a gap for R&L whereas Arctics seem to be touring early summer etc.

In saying that, I think the PR firm switch could be a hint towards the 2 stage thing. What better time to change how you're gonna market the festival than when you are switching other stuff up too. Last time they switched it up was when we got the separate Dance and 1xtra stages iirc right?

Arctic Monkeys ain't gonna have stopped touring by late Summer man.

2 minutes ago, Aech said:

Within the space of a couple of days this forum has seemingly gone from shitting on anyone that thought Arctic Monkeys might be playing to predicting them over Foos.

Pretty much how it usually goes. We get too confident too early on.

7 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

I just really hope that the Festival Republic stage is safe if this two main stages thing happens. I love discovering the smaller bands on there.

Yeah I think it would be, personally. 1Xtra and Pit/Lock Up would make way I reckon because they’re genre specific and their acts can be integrated into the bigger stages quite easily in the wake of them going.

5 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Nah I feel they will miss out if they don't book foos

Yeah I think that it’s gonna be this year or next tour for Foos. Similarly I don’t think they’re gonna wait until 2020 for Arctic Monkeys - if it’s not this year then it’s either next year or the start of the next album tour.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They'll definitely be at TRNSMT, but that wouldn't make a difference to whether they play R&L. R&L have always shared headliners with TITP/TRNSMT, including Kasabian last year.

Arctic Monkeys ain't gonna have stopped touring by late Summer man.

I think they could have stopped doing fests though. They could do a couple of promo shows, drop the album in september and then do stadium/arena stuff through till 2019. I'm sure thats gonna be better financially for them than doing an Eminem/The Killers and playing literally every fest on the face of the earth in one summer