Were you successful in the resale?

arcade fireman

Were you successful in the resale?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Were you successful in the resale?

• Yes, I got through
    • Yes, I didn't get through but one of my original booking party did
    • Yes, none of my party got through but someone from Efestivals/Facebook Glasto Chat etc got mine
    • No, I was unsuccessful this year

Not a sniff - only needed the one ticket for me ; I had 7 people all over the country trying for me on multiple devices and multiple networks.  None of them even got past the holding page. 

The first Glastonbury I will have missed since 2005.  Sad times.

Will look out for secret resales - but planning a long weekend in Dublin as consolation.

There should be another category.  Nobody in my group got through but one of my friends who isn't even going did.  I enlisted everyone and anyone that would help me and sure enough one got through.  So I included my vote in the third category xx

If it makes anyone here feel better, my 61-year-old aunt managed to bag a single ticket for herself this morning using a cheap laptop and standard broadband connection, while I tried relentlessly to buy for her from two laptops, one connected via fibre and one on 4G, and failed to get past the 'queue' screen.

Either she got incredibly lucky, or the ticketing process is a little fairer than I had previously realised.

Anyway, the net result is that she gets to experience Glasto for the first time. I reckon she'll probably outpace me (35yo), too…

Good luck to anyone trying in the 'secret' resales. And see the rest of you in June!

So:

139 respondents compared to 477 in October.

Yes, I got through 34% (54% in October)

Yes, I didn't get through but one of my original booking party did 10% (23%)

Yes, none of my party got through but someone from Efestivals/Facebook Glasto Chat etc got mine 5% (4%)

No, I was unsuccessful this year 50% (19%)

So clearly a tougher job than October this year but still almost 50% on here got a ticket one way or another in the resales. 

Next year will be useful to divide it up by coach sales and general sale. And will be interesting to see whether there's any difference with the fallow year the year after and next years' line up for the resales. The raw figures probably can't be read that much into (e.g. I don't think the overall success rate in the main sale was as high as the 80% here), but the difference between them and comparable success rates will have some truth to them.

I think it's a useful exercise as it might direct people to try in the coach sale where they wouldn't have before (if the coach sale shows a higher success rate) and also lets people who didn't get tickets make summer plans accordingly when they have an idea of what their chances in April might be. 

Yes, in the coach sale.

It was weird as when trying in the original sale, I didn't get a sniff.

On Thursday I could have had as many as I wanted almost, ended up with 4 but only stopped as others in the group were sorted, just kept letting me through. Thanks to people on here with the tips before hand which I'm sure helped. 

Had about 25 people trying for 2x3 tickets and no, not lucky.

I guess after 20 years of success that's the luck of the draw but after not being able to go last year, we were really looking forward to it.  We're not hanging out for secret sales, we've booked to go to Kendal Calling instead (but I will be entering competitions just in case!)

I can't pull myself away from here though so I'll be there in spirit.... @bennyhana22 will you kiss the G for me again this year please? 

Late addition to the stats, someone I'd teamed up with got through and booked my ticket as well as his own (and we are both e-festers, but I have ticked the second option in this poll). 6 people were trying at 4 different locations, for all I know (thank you all!). 

I am still pinching myself. 

On 17 April 2016 at 11:50 AM, august1 said:

4 unsuccessful sales followed by 4 unsuccessful resales is difficult to take :(

Yes. Sorry, august11. :( 

My mate got through as he did on the original sale with about 8 of us trying. He's been bragging for months that he got them because of his faster internet (which I really don't think matters less) so I was a little peeved it was him that got through again as it makes my argument look weaker. :P

Edited by MichaelsBeard