Bring Me The Horizon

chestwig

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've seen anyone on here say they are planning on seeing them, which is very weird for one of the big stage headliners.

Edited by Alan_C

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

I don't think I've seen anyone on here say they are planning on seeing them, which is very weird for one of the big stage headliners.

To be fair the members of this forum have very middling and old tastes in music in general,... Stones Roses,  Radiohead ... okay grand dad.

BMTH would be targeted at the more youthful demographic I think.

Brilliant thing with a festival is you don't have to watch them... you can go and watch your own preferred brand of turgid shit.

i'm  predicting one of the smallest Other Stage headliner crowds in recent memory.

it's one thing playing high up at R&L/Download and selling out your own gigs to loads of rock kids (and yes I have seen their own crowds, overwhelmingly teenagers). Glastonbury is quite a different demographic.

some people will point to R1 playlisting some of their songs, not that that will make much of a difference at Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, HoTWire said:

To be fair the members of this forum have very middling and old tastes in music in general,... Stones Roses,  Radiohead ... okay grand dad.

BMTH would be targeted at the more youthful demographic I think.

Brilliant thing with a festival is you don't have to watch them... you can go and watch your own preferred brand of turgid shit.

I hope you aren't suggesting Stone Roses are turgid shit.

Just now, Alan_C said:

I hope you aren't suggesting Stone Roses are turgid shit.

They weren't 20 years ago... now they are the Rolling Stones of that generation... survivors of a scene that are still playing the same bloody songs every night.

Although the comparison isn't fair, Mick Jagger can at least sing live and doesn't rely on the beered up nostalgic crowd to cover over his shitty excuse for live vocals.

1 minute ago, HoTWire said:

They weren't 20 years ago... now they are the Rolling Stones of that generation... survivors of a scene that are still playing the same bloody songs every night.

Although the comparison isn't fair, Mick Jagger can at least sing live and doesn't rely on the beered up nostalgic crowd to cover over his shitty excuse for live vocals.

Not this debate again. Everyone knows Ian Brown isn't a great singer. A gig is all about what you get out of the experience, and I certainly don't go to gigs to admire a singer hitting a note perfectly. A lot of people are going to listen to Bernard Sumner sing while Adele is on at the same time. It's all about the songs.

I've seen them an embarrassing amount of times 

unfortunately I spent my young teenage years worshiping kerrang

thus i have seen the light..

it is mental they're headlining the other stage 

They are horrifically bad live.

The way people reacted to their new album is as if Linkin Park never happened..

i mean, we all remember Linkin Park right?

Its going to be awful seeing a bunch of fuds bouncing about a stage while the singer ocassioanly decides to sing over a backing track.

Terrible booking!

Just now, White Bear said:

They are horrifically bad live.

genuine question, when was the last time you saw them live? I saw them quite a few years back and had the same opinion as you.

Saw them at Reading last year and completely changed my opinion - then I saw them late last year in Birmingham and again they were really good.

5 minutes ago, mrf said:

genuine question, when was the last time you saw them live? I saw them quite a few years back and had the same opinion as you.

Saw them at Reading last year and completely changed my opinion - then I saw them late last year in Birmingham and again they were really good.

I was working one of their gigs about a year and a half ago. 

Total garbage, if anything they have got worse.

saw clips from their reading set and it didn't change my opinion, sounded awful 

Right, I'm different. I hated them back in 06 when I saw them supporting lostprophets. Good at what they did but I hated their on stage presence and music to be honest.

However, I will be seeing them at glasto as I get to see them without going to their own concert mixing it up with kids. I'm bloody looking forward to it though, lose my head whilst pissed and I like the latest 2 albums.

Shame only one type of music is limited to Glastonbury.

I won't be seeing them at Glastonbury as I am one of those who want to see Coldplay on the Pyramid.. 

I've seen BMTH play twice ('13 and '15) and they smashed it both times, they're a really enjoyable energetic live band. Sempiternal I find is a much more preferable album compared to their old shite. I'm sure they'll do a great job on the Other and hope they get a decent sized crowd.

33 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

Get on with your homework 

52 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I think I will, but I do think they'd be better in a tent than outdoors, and I am a little surprised that they're Other headliners...

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

Not this debate again. Everyone knows Ian Brown isn't a great singer. A gig is all about what you get out of the experience, and I certainly don't go to gigs to admire a singer hitting a note perfectly. A lot of people are going to listen to Bernard Sumner sing while Adele is on at the same time. It's all about the songs.

Ian Brown does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the mighty Bernard Sumner. Ian Brown is a poor man's Liam Gallagher.

13 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Ian Brown does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the mighty Bernard Sumner. Ian Brown is a poor man's Liam Gallagher.

:lol: I bloody love all three of them so I certainly won't be getting in this debate with you.