Deluxe Diner & Sunday Roasts

Keithy

Just had an email from the Deluxe Diner at Glasto; they're open for orders!

This year at Glastonbury Festival we will be running the fabulous Rocket Lounge Restaurant in Shangri La again which has lain dormant since the last time we did it in 2010, as well the Sunday Lunches we did for the first time last year.  Our Head Chef this year is the rising star Andy Evans who has won the Observer’s Award for best Sunday Lunch.  His food is amazing.

We will be publicising this via the Glastonbury website soon, and last year we sold out in 2 days, so get in quick if you want a spot

You can book in for Sunday Roast (highly recommended!) or the restaurant on the website - http://www.deluxediner.co.uk/restaurant-bookings.html

As they said, sold out very quickly last year once they publicised it

Got my midday Sunday Roast Pork all booked in! 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is that also the 2016 DJ line up on there?

I think it might be; they've update the whole website since I last looked in Feb so I presume they're getting ready for the formal announcement

* looks like the 2015 one

Edited by Keithy

58 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Does nothing for my argument that Glastonbury hasn't been taken over by the middle classes.

Ahhh the old Glastonbury class argument.

If you argument is 'in the last few years' then you might have a point. But they've been doing this at least for the last 14 years, back to the Lost Vagueness days (and they had silver service then), so i guess it depends when you feel it started being taken over.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

I find it useful to peer in there whenever you are in the area and make a mental note of people's faces, and avoid them like the plague throughout the rest of the festival.

Well sir, you shall be seeing my wife and I in there. I do hope you reserve such annoyance for those that spend £15 for an undercooked chickpea curry and weak Elderflower cordial at Manic Organic or over a quid for the worst cup of tea ever at the Tiny tea tent.  Based on the quality of food of last year's Sunday lunch, you will certainly get more bang for your buck.

Oh, I'll probably also be spending another £20 on top for a bottle of wine. 

I have no desire to eat soup from a tin, like I did as a kid at Glastonbury. Apologies for ruining your festival.

sunday lunch is £17 which if its decent is only a £5 mark up from what you'd pay in a relatively decent pub, and possibly less in london.

the restaurant prices are a bit mental considering you can get michelin standard food for that price outside festival gates. looks lovely tho. if i had the cash i would go for it.

£17 is worth every fucking penny for that plate of heaven on the Sunday after being going at it hard all weekend. One of the highlights of the weekend for me. There's a thread on how awesome the food is at Glasto, how the fuck is this any different? I for one can't wait to get me gnashers round some roast beef and gravy. 

20 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

Sounds good but I really don't like the idea of making an appointment at Glastonbury, especially not this far out.

6 minutes ago, Charm said:

Really want to book the Sunday lunch but know I will probably end up missing it, think I was sleeping between 12 and 3 on Sunday last year.  
Charm x

I'm not one for making plans at Glasto but that roast was worth the commitment. I nearly wept when it was put in front of me. 

5 minutes ago, coughedoutmyheart said:

Booked 12pm Sunday Lunch after the rave reviews on here.

If you can try and bring decent camping cutlery. Was a bit of a faff trying to get stuck into the roast with wooden knifes and forks. Top tip right there.