Environmental sustainability at Glastonbury

Lena

Hey guys, I am a final year Event Management student at Manchester Metropolitan University and I'm doing my dissertation based on Glastonbury. Could you please take 2 minutes to complete my survey about environmental sustainability at the festival? The questions are really easy and you would massively help me with my work. 

Thank you! 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NLPN9TZ 

3 minutes ago, Lena said:

Hey guys, I am a final year Event Management student at Manchester Metropolitan University and I'm doing my dissertation based on Glastonbury. Could you please take 2 minutes to complete my survey about environmental sustainability at the festival? The questions are really easy and you would massively help me with my work. 

Thank you! 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NLPN9TZ 

Done for you.

Some questions I had to answer with a 1 even though that did not give the real truth - such as solar charging for a phone. I do not use my phone at festivals much and if I do and it goes flat then that is it.

I put a lower number on a few of the options.

I keep cups for recycling but would never go out of my way to collect cups for a small return, got better things to do.

Nothing against solar charging but now i have my little mobile charging box, I don't require such things at all.

I try to keep a bottle of water on me to refill over the weekend, but often lose or forget it, so I buy on the spot, tsk tsk.

Less flippantly, I've never heard of the cup of tea thing - was it new last year? I last went in 2014.  The problem is that you can't tell whether:

• It wasn't being communicated well enough.
  • It didn't exist the last time I went.
  • I knew all about it, but didn't care.

Although I suppose you could rule out the 2nd one based on my years of attendance.  Thanks for coming back to interact, that very rarely happens!

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Using recycling bins for your tent for a cup of tea every time you exchange it

Pardon?

Done (but I put a 1 for that question, because I didn't get it)

It means you'd have a recycling bins in front of your tent and every time you take it to collection point you get a cup of tea for free (to minimise littering in the camping area).
Thanks for your feedback tho, I changed the question a little bit and I hope it makes more sense now. 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Less flippantly, I've never heard of the cup of tea thing - was it new last year? I last went in 2014.  The problem is that you can't tell whether:

Although I suppose you could rule out the 2nd one based on my years of attendance.  Thanks for coming back to interact, that very rarely happens!

It was an idea rather than what actually happened.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's an idea that other festivals implement (for instance, Bestival) and I wanted to see If that could work for Glastonbury. 

1 hour ago, Lena said:

It means you'd have a recycling bins in front of your tent and every time you take it to collection point you get a cup of tea for free

As soon who loves a cuppa, I can't decide if this is an amazing idea or surreal! Throw in a chocolate digestive and I'm sold.

28 minutes ago, Waapster said:

I voted 1 for the cup of tea and 10p stuff because i voted 5 for the keen to recycle stuff. Already doing it so don't need an incentive. 

This was one of the better questionnaires on here though. Good luck with your course.

thank you!