Down-will they still play?

rivalschools.price

4 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Just looking at Andys twitter account and there is no reference at all to Down and Anselmo.

I'm sure I read tweets and replies on the subject over the last few days. Looks like he has 'sanitised' his account.

Can anyone confirm this?

I'd be surprised if more didn't follow suit in dropping them, he has apparently offered to quit the band.

• 3 weeks later...

Drug addiction? Give them all the rehab and therapy they need. Alcoholism? As above. Wayward youth? Give them education, opportunities and inspiration. Nazis? Hang the fuckers. Has he done anything to make amends? Anything to prove he was not in control of his mind and body and is actually not a racist prick? If he was fourteen education/rehabilitation would be a valid option, but he's not, so it's up to him to prove he's not the white power w*nker he showed himself to be; until then he's not fit for civilised society.

• 2 weeks later...

The Lemmy/Motorhead tribute will hopefully be terrific and a great send off for a true pioneer as for Down, im sure they could easily book a band at short notice to fill in the slot, i'd be surprised if they didn't, they can't have a blank spot on the main stage, in previous years at Reading when bands have dropped out they've managed to find replacements at short notice.

3 hours ago, Gozpot said:

The Lemmy/Motorhead tribute will hopefully be terrific and a great send off for a true pioneer as for Down, im sure they could easily book a band at short notice to fill in the slot, i'd be surprised if they didn't, they can't have a blank spot on the main stage, in previous years at Reading when bands have dropped out they've managed to find replacements at short notice.

They'll surely find someone who can fill the slot.

if they get a British band it won't nescessarily need to be on their touring cycle.

i went ozzfest( I think) about 15 years ago and for some reason Korn pulled out last minute.They managed to get Therapy? to play with a day or so notice.

In fact, Therapy? would be a good shout.

Its not like Download are the only fest Down are pulling out of, they were playing a lot of Euro fests, so maybe say a band on their record label could take the dates, or a band with limited dates like Limp Bizkit could add a bunch on and cover all Down's dates or again each fest might get their own replacements which will have us probably looking in envy whilst we get some shite.