Lovebox 2016

5co77ie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went down for a few hours last night and first impressions were pretty good as a newbie. Site seems well laid out, good sound, decent food options, lots of cool mini venues. Bandstand and Corona Sunsets seem really nice. Enjoyed Shy FX, Nightmares on Wax and a bit of the brass band on Bandstand. Couldn't watch Goldie as he was in ViP - not sure why they list these acts on the app! 

Only gripe really was booze prices - even for London £5.50 for a can of cider or £6.50 for a bottle is a piss take. Only pints were in the real ale bar :(

Would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't stone cold sober and straight from work/central line! Found it hard to get into the party atmosphere. Today should be easier... Also LCD! Very excited :)

Most stringent security check I've had FYI - two bag searches, a body pat down and a walk past a sniffer dog. Plenty of people smuggled stuff in but I'm never sure how!

Buzzing for today, looks like the weather has come back on side! Fingers crossed that continues!

Those prices are a pain! Gonna do lots of pre drinking in a local pub (not that they're much cheaper mind, but at least you can get a decent pint!)

Hope everyone enjoys today! So excited for LCD!!

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Most stringent security check I've had FYI - two bag searches, a body pat down and a walk past a sniffer dog. Plenty of people smuggled stuff in but I'm never sure how!

Were they checking people's 'water' bottles?

Well LCD Soundsystem were great last night, the last run of 6 or so songs is about as good as it gets, however I think this is the end of big outdoor London shows for me, especially at Victoria Park, like Field Day, the sound was far too quiet but more than anything there were just far too many people there who couldn't care less about the music, or even worse, people that claim to like the band but talk through the entire thing. 

I knew going in that Lovebox wouldn't quite be to my liking, judging off the rest of the line up, but this was the worst festival atmosphere I have witnessed, coupled with pretty terrible sound. 

Here's hoping for a run of indoor shows when the new album comes out. 

1 hour ago, DropBeat said:

LCD blew me away. The last part of the set was incredible, I was so happy.

Same. So glad I went, especially after missing Glasto. They were incredible. All My Friends and Losing My Edge were obvious highlights and Murphy seemed on top form. 

Definitely not the worst festival atmosphere I've been in, but we did move around a fair bit during LCD's set to get to a spot near people who were fully engaged and going for it. Was happy with where we ended up.

Had a really fun day and evening all in all. It was fun wandering about and seeing what ever took our fancy. Weather was great too. I'd only go again for a killer line up as it was pretty pricey but all in all I liked it.

On 7/17/2016 at 10:16 AM, aj3000and12 said:

Well LCD Soundsystem were great last night, the last run of 6 or so songs is about as good as it gets, however I think this is the end of big outdoor London shows for me, especially at Victoria Park, like Field Day, the sound was far too quiet but more than anything there were just far too many people there who couldn't care less about the music, or even worse, people that claim to like the band but talk through the entire thing. 

I knew going in that Lovebox wouldn't quite be to my liking, judging off the rest of the line up, but this was the worst festival atmosphere I have witnessed, coupled with pretty terrible sound. 

Here's hoping for a run of indoor shows when the new album comes out. 

as i said before in other threads, this is why i didnt go. 

field day ruined gigs at victoria park for me. 

Well, if you thought that was hard, you should have tried watching Sigur Ros at Citadel there last night. I swear, towards the end of their set someone started blowing into a harmonica next to me!

I wasn't as bothered as some people. I saw Steve Lawler over in the outdoor dance area earlier and, though it was a tad quiet, a lot of people there were up for it and friendly. The confetti canon was a nice touch too.

When LCD started I thought it was going to be sh1t. But I moved forward and as it go dark, it was fine. I lost all my mates but managed to end up with a group of people bellowing along like I was. Maybe I was lucky!

All in all a great day out - but would need another LCD-sized headliner to get me back there.

• 2 weeks later...