Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Proclaimers I'm gonna say are Sat Afternoon guests. Doing the festival rounds and just been announced for Folk Festival headlining alongside Levellers and The Coral. Both doing Victorious. 

Announcement surely some time this week.

Probably not a bad shout. They at the 'Big Feastival' on the Sunday so as you say Saturday could be likely. A half hour slot would probably suit them as well. 'Ba da da da...ba da da da...da da da da da da daaaaaaaaaaa'  

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Probably not a bad shout. They at the 'Big Feastival' on the Sunday so as you say Saturday could be likely. A half hour slot would probably suit them as well. 'Ba da da da...ba da da da...da da da da da da daaaaaaaaaaa'  

...Da lat da (Da lat da), da lat da (Da lat da)

But in all seriousness though I saw the 'Big Festival' thing to and figured they'd be on there 'way to misery to happiness' that day...

Would quite like them though - Reckon they'd be a decent coup to get me in early afternoon.

Edited by seanz25

5 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

...Da lat da (Da lat da), da lat da (Da lat da)

But in all seriousness though I saw the 'Big Festival' thing to and figured they'd be on there 'way to misery to happiness' that day...

Would quite like them though - Reckon they'd be a decent coup to get me in early afternoon.

I sing it in my Brummie accent hence the difference! 
Yeah...caught them a few times at festivals and they're alright. Would prefer Travis or Charlatans etc though.  

Think they'll push Travis to an early evening slot. 

Manics - James - Charlatans - Travis - The Coral 

or 

Manics - Charlatans - James  - Travis - The Coral

Something like that - Could be dreaming though.

Edited by seanz25

48 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Think they'll push Travis to an early evening slot. 

Manics - James - Charlatans - Travis - The Coral 

or 

Manics - Charlatans - James  - Travis - The Coral

Something like that - Could be dreaming though.

Ha ha...yeah, that would be awesome but can't see it. Reckon James would definitely be above Charlatans (coming on the back of having a number 2 album) if it was.  

James could support IMO. Doing a wide range of festivals, one or two similar to Victorious.

As I've said before if they're truly building year by year on the festival, A stronger top 4/5 than last year would be a smart place to start. Then in the future once you've nailed that start making the rest of the main stage line-ups stronger throughout the day.

Noel's doing Glasgow Summer Sessions as a headliner on Friday of Victorious weekend. Worth noting. See who supports him there.

Edited by seanz25

15 minutes ago, Lateralus said:

Would hate the majority of suggestions in this thread - hoping for a bit more variety than a 90s guitar fest! Need some Basement Jaxx/Tinie Tempah-sized modern acts please...

Not sure Basement Jaxx would count as 'modern' given they're mid-90's as well.

But agree needs something for the youngsters on the 2nd stage (while us old farts are trying to manoeuvre our zimmer frames through the mud to get to the front for 'These Animal Men') 

Edited by Flaminglippy

2 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Not sure Basement Jaxx would count as 'modern' given they're mid-90's as well.

But agree needs something for the youngsters on the 2nd stage (while us old farts are trying to manoeuvre our zimmer frames through the mud to get to the front for 'These Animal Men') 

Yes, you're absolutely right. D'oh. Still, they are a touch more 'hip' than Travis and The Proclaimers. And yes I just used the word 'hip' in that context. The next stage would be 'beat combo' Basement Jaxx.

Edited by Lateralus

15 minutes ago, Lateralus said:

Yes, you're absolutely right. D'oh. Still, they are a touch more 'hip' than Travis and The Proclaimers. And yes I just used the word 'hip' in that context. The next stage would be 'beat combo' Basement Jaxx.

Being called 'Lateralus' I would have assumed you were a Roman and therefore would have liked the older stuff. 

Yeah...the Proclaimers are more 'hip op' than 'hip'. The sound of 'Werther's Originals' wrappers being opened by the crowd will probably drown out the first couple of songs. 

Was really expecting an announcement this week. Given they wedge a couple of hundred bands on each stage each day theres gonna be loads of stuff announced over the next few months. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

6 hours ago, Lateralus said:

Would hate the majority of suggestions in this thread - hoping for a bit more variety than a 90s guitar fest! Need some Basement Jaxx/Tinie Tempah-sized modern acts please...

To be fair, the festival usually pits all the older acts on the main stage and the stuff more geared towards the current charts on the 2nd stage. Well at least they did last year now they have 2 major sized stages. We're only suggesting the 90's/early 2000's stuff because they seem easier to guess this year, reckon Catfish and the bottlemen will appear and possibly Busted at a guess. Also Tinie Tempah? Modern? Really? 2010 was 6 years ago... I know he's still doing stuff but is any of it even noteworthy! If that's now classed as modern, then I have my fingers crossed for an O-Zone appearance please  :P 

Edited by seanz25

13 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

12976816_958017064281907_611411794491934

Good stuff. Still no obvious Sunday sub though 

Yeah...some good stuff. Happy with Editors, Travis & Wolfmother. Pretty Vicious sound like they're worth a watch but I'm gonna try and catch them at Truck first. Don't think the Boomtown Rats will be a massive draw to get people in early on Saturday mind.  

Edited by Flaminglippy

On 06/04/2016 at 4:06 PM, seanz25 said:

Weird one currently as there announcement structure hasn't really followed last years, but they've got ton's to announce still, the majority of similar sized festivals are onto there 2nd/3rd/4th announcements already. Also the cheaper ticket deal is now over, so your probably right an announcement this Friday? 

Predictions for the next wave then?

For me:

Travis - Sunday Afternoon Slot Possibly?
Editors - 3rd Down On Manics Day?

Impressive...you even got Editors in the right slot on the right day! 

25 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Hope they have Editors/Travis/Manics on main stage and not clashing...that'd be a ballache

One of Editors and Travis will probably headline the Castle Stage. Those headliners were second down on the poster last year (where Ronson and Travis currently are this year).

Can't see Editors being 3rd down, they're too big for that. 

14 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

One of Editors and Travis will probably headline the Castle Stage. Those headliners were second down on the poster last year (where Ronson and Travis currently are this year).

Can't see Editors being 3rd down, they're too big for that. 

I was thinking that but then an Editors/Manics clash would piss a lot of people off...lots of people who like one like the other, plus people who aint that into indie guitar bands wouldn't have a big name alternative option.