Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Do what I'm doing and leave Foals for Lisbon. 

ZZ Top > Ronnie Spector > Sigur Rós for my Friday night :)

Fair point, I keep forgetting they're playing NOS for some reason so that's an option I'll have to consider... until they clash with FJM or Courtney Barnett :lol:

31 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

OR miss the last 25 mins of savages after you've bust a gut to get up there after Foals. 

(I've been looking at this all week and finally admitted defeat this morning). 

I think I might join you in defeat Scruff :(. Sprinting all that way to The Park to catch just over 1/2 of their set isn't really worth it!

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

the rest of it, though!

i'm assuming since they played the same setlist as the other night that it was once again just the three of them on stage without any accompaniment? 

They were really good, however if you've seen them before with the orchestra you may well feel they're not quite the same act without it.

I think it was a pretty similar setlist to what they played at the rehearsal studios for their fans, so probably similar to what they'll play on JP. I saw Hoppipollla live before and it wasn't that good live - and highly unlikely they'll do it as a 3 piece. Popplaggio really is an incredible way to end the set though. 

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

They were really good, however if you've seen them before with the orchestra you may well feel they're not quite the same act without it.

I think it was a pretty similar setlist to what they played at the rehearsal studios for their fans, so probably similar to what they'll play on JP. I saw Hoppipollla live before and it wasn't that good live - and highly unlikely they'll do it as a 3 piece. Popplaggio really is an incredible way to end the set though. 

image.jpeg

Gutted about the lack of orchestra/whatever but I'm still very excited, and if they stick with that setlist then we're on to a winner. Still find it odd that there's just one new song despite them advertising it as trying out a bunch of new material - maybe they realised that that + just the three of them probably wasn't the way to go with festival sets

Having seen them with orchestration, I clearly felt something was missing. It was an impressive show and it was still really good, but it could've been better with orchestration.

Visually, this may have been the best thing I've ever seen. Incredible visuals fitting perfectly to the songs. Really can't describe how beautiful that was...

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Stroking their chins with the other hand?

Oi oi...back in your cage, Gonzo!

@russycarps - one of my friends at work was one of the lucky 300 or so who went to the warm-up show in Redditch (still can'r believe they played there - I live a few miles away and it's a hole), so I have an idea of what they've been rehearsing. Though I would love to see it too, I don't think they've got I Gaer in the arsenal for this tour :(

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oi oi...back in your cage, Gonzo!

@russycarps - one of my friends at work was one of the lucky 300 or so who went to the warm-up show in Redditch (still can'r believe they played there - I live a few miles away and it's a hole), so I have an idea of what they've been rehearsing. Though I would love to see it too, I don't think they've got I Gaer in the arsenal for this tour :(

Ben

Damn your friend got lucky there. 

Shame about I gaer, it's always fun to watch the unaware crap their pants when the song kicks in properly after a minute or so!

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

Damn your friend got lucky there. 

Shame about I gaer, it's always fun to watch the unaware crap their pants when the song kicks in properly after a minute or so!

I must have heard it 100s of times and it still jolts me when the drop comes!

She was really lucky! The fact that it was in Redditch made her absolutely convinced it was a wind-up, even when all of the confirmation details were emailed. I told her that no way would anyone bother with that degree of detail for a troll! She said they were amazing - just the three of them.

Though my least favourite (but still excellent) incarnation was their most recent, with about 9 on stage and no Kjarri ( :( ) I do hope they have at least a little help. I can't imagine them pulling off Starálfur with just the three of them...).

Haven't seen them since they were road testing some of the Kveikur songs pre-album release, so pretty excited. The JPT will be where the beautiful people are...

Presumably you'll be wearing your trademark 'Yes, it is me. I am russy' t-shirt so we can all pay appropriate homage...?

:)

Ben

4 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

A lot more is programmed, drummer sets stuff off I think??

duno why but i thought it was gonna be the three of them playing and that's it - nothing else going on - which is why the idea of Staralfur seemed odd. if they've got the strings programmed or whatever then it's not ideal but better than nothing i guess