Another price hike

chestwig

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuinely not trolling here. Can you explain to me why if ticket prices go up, crime goes down? Why do you think that is?

where is the proof that one causes the other?

the super fence has more effect on crime than price of ticket

increased security, more awareness of crime, people not bringing valuables with them etc reduces crime, not ticket price,

Edited by Smeble

where is the proof that one causes the other?

the super fence has more effect on crime than price of ticket

increased security, more awareness of crime, people not bringing valuables with them etc reduces crime, not ticket price,

who do think the super fence is keeping out? It's obviously people who can't afford or who are unwilling to buy a ticket. It's certainly not keeping out me and Pandora. 

Also, if I want to bring valuables with me, I should be able to without fear of having them stolen.

Odd that you get so many downvotes for a known non-troll.

You want to ask admin to sort that out mate, it make you look like a troll, not good.

if you dare to have an opinion that differs from the majority here then you immediately get called a troll and downvoted. At the end of the day, crime is decreasing as the ticket price increases, we all know why that is. If by having a less diverse festival, we have a safer festival then I'm all for it.

You can and always have been able to. that's what the lockups are for. 

What is the point in bringing my valuables if I have to keep them locked up all day?! Mite as well just leave them at home. The point is there should be no need for the lock ups, it's meant to be a fun loving festival, people shouldn't be stealing from each other. And you can garuntee if the ticket price got doubled next year then crime would decrease. 

What is the point in bringing my valuables if I have to keep them locked up all day?! Mite as well just leave them at home. The point is there should be no need for the lock ups, it's meant to be a fun loving festival, people shouldn't be stealing from each other. And you can garuntee if the ticket price got doubled next year then crime would decrease. 

whats the point in having a bank account why not keep your money under the mattress?

Common sense

Edited by gerardfenton18

whats the point in having a bank account why not keep your money under the mattress?

For one you get interest on your money in a bank. It makes payments easier and simpler, there's a whole host of reasons other than security. That's a ridiculous point. 

Also, I don't think I can fit £500k+ under my mattress.

For one you get interest on your money in a bank. It makes payments easier and simpler, there's a whole host of reasons other than security. That's a ridiculous point. 

Also, I don't think I can fit £500k+ under my mattress.

it would if you bought bunkbeds :rofl:

ok then do you lock your car when you leave it? of course you do if you don't your daft.

In an Ideal world nothing would get stole, its not. but to say you shouldn't have to lock things up your either very naïve or high 

Edited by gerardfenton18

If you keep them on you and look after them properly, then they won't get nicked. Use lock ups when you are asleep. 

I agree there should be no need for lock ups but there always will be. You could charge a million pound for tickets, but fact is not everyone on site will have paid that. And also that there would probably be more thieves there as there are as many if not more millionaire than non-millionaire thieves.

Millionaires are more likely to be commiting tax fraud etc, they're not going to be nicking your iPad.

If you keep them on you and look after them properly, then they won't get nicked. Use lock ups when you are asleep. 

I agree there should be no need for lock ups but there always will be. You could charge a million pound for tickets, but fact is not everyone on site will have paid that. And also that there would probably be more thieves there as there are as many if not more millionaire than non-millionaire thieves.

I agree with what you are saying, in that there will always be thieves, no matter what etc. But this thread was about ways of changing the demographic of the festival and making it more accessible to people on a low income salary.

However what I'm saying is, if you like it or not, history shows that the cheaper the ticket the more crime there is. And for that reason, I'm not against the price hikes, even tho I know that is an unpopular view.

I agree with what you are saying, in that there will always be thieves, no matter what etc. But this thread was about ways of changing the demographic of the festival and making it more accessible to people on a low income salary.

However what I'm saying is, if you like it or not, history shows that the cheaper the ticket the more crime there is. And for that reason, I'm not against the price hikes, even tho I know that is an unpopular view.

I am not a thief, but if I was and managed to steal some money, couple of iPhones, an iPad or 2 then I would consider a £225 a good investment, down the pub or on eBay i would have made a 500% profit on the price of my Glasto ticket selling those Apple devices, so the idea that a thief is going to be put off Glasto by a ticket price is complete and utter bollocks

Youve clearly never been to Arsenal - that's exactly who watch the football at the Emirates!! Although daddy possibly bought the ticket on seatwave for £250+ (or insert name of preferred ticket reseller here) Sure there are a few of the older boys done good there.  But football now, isnt the "people's game" that it used to be.  I say that as an idiot who still has a season ticket - although my club only charged me £240 for the priviledge of watching this season - but we're in the North West so thats about a months salary to us!! 

I haven't been to a football match since the mid 90s so admittedly things could have changed, but when I last went there was far more working class people than any other demographic, 2 family members are season ticket holders at White Hart Lane, one drives a bus and the other works as a CSR for an insurance company so are not high earners, middle earners probably, i will ask them what the people around them are like as I can't really comment on the modern game.

I am not a thief, but if I was and managed to steal some money, couple of iPhones, an iPad or 2 then I would consider a £225 a good investment, down the pub or on eBay i would have made a 500% profit on the price of my Glasto ticket selling those Apple devices, so the idea that a thief is going to be put off Glasto by a ticket price is complete and utter bollocks

Well, if you increase the price of the ticket you are eating into the thieves profit margin, eventually they'll think it's not worth it and wil stop buying a ticket, which is kind if the point i am trying to make really. 

Well, if you increase the price of the ticket you are eating into the thieves profit margin, eventually they'll think it's not worth it and wil stop buying a ticket, which is kind if the point i am trying to make really. 

Or..... they'll pay the extra few quid and make the difference back by robbing stuff from peoples tents.

Much like the thieves do at Christmas. Pay into some poncy club where people in large groups feel safer with their valuables and then rob them blind. Sure theres an initial outlay but it pays off at the end of the night.

My mum and dad pay for my ticket every year as part of my birthday present, so to be completely honest the price hike doesn't effect me at all.

However, if we're all being honest do we really want poor people attending? Isn't that why they put the big fence up in the first place? I want to feel safe when I leave my tipi with my iPad and Nos cannisters in that they're going to be there when I get back. I don't think that's unreasonable.

There's a direct correlation between higher ticket prices and less crime being reported, I don't think that's a coincidence.

If people really want to go and they feel they can't afford it, then work a bit harder, get a promotion or a second job! It's not that hard. 

Dude you even said it yourself its a correlation not causation. There are so many intertwined factors that would be involved in "amount of crime" at Glastonbury and yes you may be right a higher priced ticket may stop a number of "criminals" entering the festival but it would have a rather small effect on the final outcome.

Edited by danwood