Campervan Tickets in resale

dcummin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I  plan to buy a campervan ticket for a friend who was unlucky, but hopefully will get a ticket in the resale. 

I will be travelling in his van, so there shouldn't be a problem. If he doesn't get a ticket in the resale, I will still have time to claim a refund on the campervan ticket.

Another friend thinks I wouldn't be able to claim a refund for my campervan ticket, without refunding my festival ticket too.  I feel sure that it is possible to return a campervan ticket with a £10 admin fee, so long as it is before the ticket refund deadline. Without returning my festival ticket as well. 

Can anyone help me here, with what seems like a never-ending discussion/argument with friend no.2 ?

Tell your friend he knows nothing :ph34r:

Begging question !!!

Sorry for the sob story but had problems with SeeTickets yesterday and they are investigating for me. Transaction seems to have gone through but no confirmation ! The only condition that I can get to Glastonbury next year is if I take my friends toddler.

I have already hired a motorhome as we have done on previous years ! It seems that I dont have a ticket to park it !

Can anyone help or advise us of any alternatives ??

Cheers

Si

Makes sense to sell returned passes at a designated time rather than the current chaotic method, though I can't help thinking this would have been avoided if the system had worked properly and prevented duplicate purchases on the same reg - after all they can do it in the main sale with huge pressure on the system.  I don't suppose the £10 See get for each cancelled CV pass could be an incentive to leave things as they are?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm Info Crew, but very embarassingly, I'm finding that the camper tickets aspect is pretty damned hard to find out about despite us being crew ourselves, who get on site early (with van).

Does anyone have any reliable information about camper tickets being sold independently of general tickets in April's resale? Or otherwise?

Edited by William of Walworth

Information won't be reliable since it's the start of a new way of selling the CV tickets. The pattern so far has been the main sale earlier, followed by sporadic small sales as some tickets were returned (mainly due, I think, to people in groups who bought multiple tickets for the same person). I think the main sale will next be at the full balance payment, followed by very small sales as some tickets are sent back, but nothing before then. You may get some returns in the meantime, but I doubt it.

On 30/12/2015 at 0:25 AM, William of Walworth said:

Does anyone have any reliable information about camper tickets being sold independently of general tickets in April's resale? Or otherwise?

Yes. They won't be publicly sold separately from the entrance tickets.
(as specifically told to me by the man in charge of ticketing).

If you're crew there's campervan places available in crew fields if your crew boss decides you're worthy of one.

Edited by eFestivals

On 1/2/2016 at 9:05 AM, eFestivals said:

Yes. They won't be publicly sold separately from the entrance tickets.
(as specifically told to me by the man in charge of ticketing).

If you're crew there's campervan places available in crew fields if your crew boss decides you're worthy of one.

Luckily for Info people, since last time (2015) we can now get CV passes a bit more easily than previously. If I'd had a van before 2014, I'd have had to attempt other crew routes for an onsite VP ;)

My enquiry above was on behalf of a punter who has a fest ticket, but not a CV one, so your reassurance that the latter might be obtainable separately (with added luck) is useful. Other posts in this thread have also been helpful. Thanks, all.