T Minus and Counting 2016

whisty

8 hours ago, oneeye said:

Blimey, hope you get it sorted, at least you'll be recognisable 

image.jpeg

Who gave you that pic of my thumb, it's uncanny or there's more than just the idiot me in the world

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, whisty said:

Shit, nearly ripped end of thumb off on lawnmower, going for an op right now, man,need international rescue right now.

Whisty you've got to be OK.  I can't go to Glastonbury without putting a face to the name I've kept company with for all of this countdown.

Fingers, if not thumbs crossed.

4663203.jpg

1 hour ago, whisty said:

Thanks hatters, not the best prep for festival!  Touch and go at the minute, all plans nuked. Will think of plan b.

ffs that's rubbish. It's only s flesh wound, alcohol will numb the throbbing. 

image.gif

8 minutes ago, oneeye said:

ffs that's rubbish. It's only s flesh wound, alcohol will numb the throbbing. 

image.gif

Hehe, on cannula antibiotics not supposed to mix with alcohol. Grumpy, if you are in east early Tuesday, is there any way a possibility might be able to h.help my mate with trailer tent, or anybody else maybe?

5 minutes ago, whisty said:

Hehe, on cannula antibiotics not supposed to mix with alcohol. Grumpy, if you are in east early Tuesday, is there any way a possibility might be able to h.help my mate with trailer tent, or anybody else maybe?

Bugger; I'm sure the odd cider won't hurt, medicinal of course.

I'd help your mate bar the fact that we're under canvas so won't be on site til weds. I'm sure that there will be loads of like minded people only too willing to help though; great way to get to know your new neighbours :)

32 minutes ago, whisty said:

We're not getting there till weds either but am sure someone will be able to help.

42 minutes ago, whisty said:

I should be in CV East early Tuesday with my lad. Would be happy to help once we're set up. What are you doing sticking your thumb in a bloody lawnmower anyway!! :D

48 minutes ago, whisty said:

When you say 'early Tuesday', how early do you mean? We'd be able to help once we're set up.

55 minutes ago, whisty said:

I'll be happy to help.  We'll be aiming for East 20 or 23 but where we end up will be the luck of the draw.  I've PMd you my tel no, though I tend not to use it a lot at Glasto.  Get your mate to give me a call and we'll try to meet up. Happy memories of trailer tenting.

So we're finally at Number One.  It's tomorrow for we lucky campervaners.

6-Met-No-1_Cliff-Thomas.jpg

And on Wednesday the train will be going up.

29ED417500000578-3137192-image-a-5_14351

Have a great one T Minusers and hope to see some of you at the EFests meet.

172604061.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=F13A1

Morning eveyone, 

an extra spring in my step today, can't imagine why!

We're into vinegar stroke territory, final preps & checks. Hopefully catch you all at weds meet providing i pack the bravery pills.

Now all we need is for this rain to finally fuck off!!!!

:)

5989138_Faithless01.jpg

Edited by oneeye

Thanks ladies and gents for sympathy, don't deserve it being a dimwit! Will make it in the morning all being well. Anyway, almost there, really  enjoyed this thread and all the folks contributing, hope I see you or you get to the meet on Wed :)

maxresdefault.jpg

The front looks rather like what I stuck my hand into!

7842255986_725fa33de4_o.jpg

Really enjoyed posting in this thread.  Hope you all have a great festival and hopefully get a chance to meet you on Wednesday.

last one then........

Originally named Active, Locomotion Number 1 was built by George and Robert Stephenson and was the first locomotive to haul a train on the Stockton and Darlington Railway on 27th September 1825.

replica-of-locomotion-no.jpg

and one for the people arriving this week on the train

article-1288915-0A299FAF000005DC-715_634

Edited by buddiepaul

46 minutes ago, carlosj said:

@whisty how's it going? What have you been doing???

I'll send a nurse along.

Nice one ta, thumb like it's been hit by a club hammer. Somebody mentioned alcohol up there, that's the plan, a balancing act between numbing pain and not falling over onto my thumb :) See you there Mr CJ.