Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GETOFFAMYLAWN

Latitude 2016

Recommended Posts

The clashfinder has all the correct times on it, somebody working on-site provided pictures of the stage times from their info packs, the good people of the other forum completed the clashfinder.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Been to docs and there's a 24 hour sickness bug going around, I do feel better already, few lucozades, paracetamols and some toast and I feel pukka. Hope you feel better!

Glad to hear you're feeling better! After all the Glastonbury drama this year you deserve to have a great Latitude. Enjoy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr Glasto said:

Glad to hear you're feeling better! After all the Glastonbury drama this year you deserve to have a great Latitude. Enjoy!!

Thank you! I'm very excited now, just wishing I could go earlier than tomorrow morning! I also managed to win myself 2 cocktail pitchers at Keith Allen's Establishment Club! Well chuffed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, tillyandthewall said:

I'm on site, dry as a bone. I take it the clash finders have been updated with the TBC that's Sunday midday? Sunday special is on, maybe

Latitude announced the Sunday special guest earlier on twitter...

 

LatitudeFest
Just announced! Sunday special guest @100VoicesTweets will play the Obelisk Stage at 12pm on Sunday 17th July https://t.co/aYdlRfHsoR
14/07/2016, 12:04

Nope, never heard of them either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say, The photo's on Twitter of Latitude have made it look like a gorgeous weekend. Hope everyone had a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made it home to Kent around 2am and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my first Latitude experience. 

Having guest passes was such a relief in terms of the closeness of the car parking to the campsite and access to the main site. After an exhausting Glastonbury, this, combined with the gorgeous weather and numerous areas to chill and just enjoy been big away from everything made the festival a much needed relaxing weekend. 

Managed to seeing pretty much all the acts I unfortunately missed at Glastonbury, and none of the them disappointed. Grimes was incredible, so glad I finally got to see her in a tent too as the Park Stage gig as Glastonbury appeared to be lacking something when watched back on iplayer. 

Other highlights included M83, John Grant, Adam Buxton w/ Louis Therox, Mark Watson, Christine and the Queens, CC Smugglers. Biggest surprise of the weekend though were Slaves - such amazing energy and the guy (Harvey) that they brought up from the crowd to dance with them was incredible fun! Blown away by them!

I know we camped in the Guest area but I've never come across a cleaner and tidier campsite. When we packed away on Sunday night, the fields look pretty much spotless - the festival on the whole was like this. The deposit scheme on bottles and cups also is a great thing - kids were wondering around with bin bags collecting leftover rubbish. Felt there could have been more bins around the main stage though as lots of people kept leaving discarded food plates. 

On the whole though, a fab experience and would definetly go again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't a stellar line up for me, but still had an amazing weekend.  Organisation of it was excellent,  from the kids areas, the woods and campsites.  

A few highlights,  chvrches were surprisingly brilliant, band of the weekend,  and certs for headliners after their next release,  m83 were great as were many others. The star was the site though, beautiful and very nicely dressed. 

Will see you there next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I agree about the site being fantastic - the lake setting is gorgeous and perfectly suited the weather. Would worry about trying to get through the wooded area if it was super wet but thankfully that wasn't a concern this year. I did get bitten to buggery yesterday though annoyingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brayshizzle said:

glad you guys enjoyed

was a bit sad not to be there for the first time in years ! 

did any secret gigs happen?

Apart from Ed Sheeran with Foy Vance I wasn't aware of any. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too had a fab weekend, and I agree with you @broken monkey on the Guest passes, the closeness of everything is fab. The only thing I found frustrating was the lack of shade/shady areas in the arena. Granted I should have taken an umbrella but it was unbelievable hot at times over the weekend! Definitely rocking some awful tan lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back.

Enjoyed it as always, The National in particular were unexpectedly utterly brilliant. But we'll be thinking twice about going back next year, just seemed so full of posh kids acting like dicks, ruined a lot of sets for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Just got back.

Enjoyed it as always, The National in particular were unexpectedly utterly brilliant. But we'll be thinking twice about going back next year, just seemed so full of posh kids acting like dicks, ruined a lot of sets for us.

first time at this festival and I was very impressed with the site and like you the attending people was the only downside of this festival, Everyone seemed to keep themselves to themselves so for me there is too many southerners and the only friendly people we got speaking to where all from the north of England. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just back myself.  Did 3 shifts In The Woods, unbelievably dusty.  First time I've ever took a car to a festival, was straight in and out.  New crew camp's a bit further, but I can always pay for a ticket if I want closer.  Really surprised at the empty space round Yellow by the entrance - with Solas and Family nearby it would be quiet enough there.  Layout wise the site had a few hiccups with the new signage especially for day/buses but they were sorted later on. 

 

Music wise, Lucius delivered just as I expected, just a shame it was a 30 minute set when they were only doing a short European tour.  I suspect we'll be talking about Christine's set in 'I was there' terms in years to come.  Soulwax was a cracking spectacle with the three drummers.  Plenty of interesting stuff in the Faraway Forest away from the crowds after 11.  Never had an issue with the young'uns during sets, maybe I got lucky, maybe it was because I was either at the front or at the very back where it's more acceptable.   In terms of secret sets, I heard alt-j did one in the Sunrise - can't confirm though.  All in all, it would be rude not to go to Latitude no10 next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another amazing latitude, 2nd year in a row for me and the family. Can't agree with the southerner comment, I'm proper northern from hull and we get ignorant dickheads at the festivals around here, there's idiots all over this country.  I got chatting to some lovely people from all over the country. 

Highlights were taking my 7 year old boy to watch slaves dispite his  protests and him absolutely loving it once we got in the tent, especially sockets.

The kids taking me to grimes and me finally getting what all the fuss is about, the songs make so much more sense live and what a performer, absolutely blown away.

My kids doing some stop start animation in the enchanted garden on Sunday, so much for kids to do.

Chvrches, they have grown so much as performers since I saw them touring the second album.

Aurora on the Sunday, my wife wanted to go see her, amazing, got better and better as the set went on, stunning voice and was genuinely suprised by the crowds reaction which she just fed off. 

Bill Bailey, stupidly brilliant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dirty_dog said:

first time at this festival and I was very impressed with the site and like you the attending people was the only downside of this festival, Everyone seemed to keep themselves to themselves so for me there is too many southerners and the only friendly people we got speaking to where all from the north of England. 

Perhaps the "southerners" had the good sense to keep away from someone prone to making such stupid generalisations! 

You have a point - people are very reserved at Latitude and I also find it one of the few drawbacks of the festival - but you don't need to come from 't North to be friendly, just open to treating people as individuals rather than prejudging them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Perhaps the "southerners" had the good sense to keep away from someone prone to making such stupid generalisations! 

You have a point - people are very reserved at Latitude and I also find it one of the few drawbacks of the festival - but you don't need to come from 't North to be friendly, just open to treating people as individuals rather than prejudging them.

Totally agree, like I said I'm from hull and the only rude guy I encountered was another northerner at the back of the main stage during m83.

i was sat eating with my family and this guy was sat with his wife wearing a Union Jack bandana having a good rant about the EU vote, obviously wanting people to hear him, shouting about how the working classes had won and fucked the middle classes and that he loved it, he got my attention straight away as I voted remain.

He then came out with "all these middle class little kids running around with their stupid fucking headphones on haven't got a clue what's to come"

My son was wearing a pair of ear defenders as we ate so I just turned around and shook my head at the guy hoping he'd engage me in conversation so I could blast him with one of the least middle class accents this country knows.

I was also hoping to educate the fool on why children wear ear defenders.

We also had the most obnoxious, vulgar set of southern teenagers camped behind us, really young but camped slightly away from their parents so spouting utter filth until all hours.

so there you go, there's idiots everywhere in this country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, swede said:

Totally agree, like I said I'm from hull and the only rude guy I encountered was another northerner at the back of the main stage during m83.

i was sat eating with my family and this guy was sat with his wife wearing a Union Jack bandana having a good rant about the EU vote, obviously wanting people to hear him, shouting about how the working classes had won and fucked the middle classes and that he loved it, he got my attention straight away as I voted remain.

He then came out with "all these middle class little kids running around with their stupid fucking headphones on haven't got a clue what's to come"

My son was wearing a pair of ear defenders as we ate so I just turned around and shook my head at the guy hoping he'd engage me in conversation so I could blast him with one of the least middle class accents this country knows.

I was also hoping to educate the fool on why children wear ear defenders.

We also had the most obnoxious, vulgar set of southern teenagers camped behind us, really young but camped slightly away from their parents so spouting utter filth until all hours.

so there you go, there's idiots everywhere in this country. 

You a football fan? One of my mates is the new manager at North ferriby.. 

I had a blast,  helped by the weather and the relaxed vibe. Would certainly hope to attend next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haven't said anyone was rude just very reserved so you can all wind ye necks in,

I'm happy to accept any other opinions on why this is the case as I haven't been to any other festivals in the south but have been to gigs and worked in the south and there is definitely a difference. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Got to say, The photo's on Twitter of Latitude have made it look like a gorgeous weekend. Hope everyone had a great time.

It was a really great weekend thanks!

The site is beautiful and after this year's Glastonbury it was absolutely amazing to sit on the grass in the sunshine :)

Highlight of the weekend was definitely Christine & the Queens. The crowd went completely nuts and it was a really special atmosphere. She said it was the most moving UK gig she'd done and was clearly overwhelmed by it all. I was welling up like a small child and had a proper festival 'moment'.

The site itself was immaculate all weekend, with the reusable cup scheme preventing any sort of paper cup carpet. The toilets were the cleanest I've ever seen at a festival and they were fully stocked with toilet roll and hand sanitiser the whole time which was very impressive. My only complaint was that there weren't enough toilets nearer the smaller stages.

It was such a chilled festival and I definitely think I'll be back for a second time :) 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I adored it. First time, definitely want to go again. It's so middle class it's hilarious (free wine tasting?!!) but it was so friendly, felt spacious and was really well organised. Of course, the weather helped, along with both Father John Misty and The National being as utterly mesmerising as I'd hoped and the comedy being consistently brilliant.

 

Did anyone else see Spencer Jones (from Big Babies) on the comedy stage on Sunday morning? So funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...