"festivaling" or "festivalling"?

eFestivals

The thing I dont like about "The definitive guide to festivals" is that it it could be viewed as simply a festivals guide, whereas the website is more than that in my mind. Its a site that encompasses everything and anything about the festival experience from the gigs, to survival tips, to travel advise, to ticketing, to camping etc etc................all aspects of festivaling. So as it stands its good (apart from the L issue) or you would need something else that makes it obvious its about more than just a festival guide

Edited by ThomThomDrum

one of the reasons I stuck with one L was because it somehow looked more correct.

A different word that looks totally wrong when its written in a similar way is "focussed". It definitely looks more correct to me when written as "focused".

I've worked in hotels and hostels for 8 years or so. 'Accommodation' still looks wrong to me. 

The thing I dont like about "The definitive guide to festivals" is that it it could be viewed as simply a festivals guide, whereas the website is more than that in my mind. Its a site that encompasses everything and anything about the festival experience from the gigs, to survival tips, to travel advise, to ticketing, to camping etc etc................all aspects of festivaling. So as it stands its good (apart from the L issue) or you would need something else that makes it obvious its about more than just a festival guide

The definitive guide to the world of festivals perhaps.

eFestivals:

"At the heart of the show since 1998"

"Your definitive festival guide"

"The last word in the festival scene"

"The AAA pass to all festival information"

You could even produce a few different slogans against the dancing man graphic that change for every refresh.

festivaling is in the thesaurus:

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/festivaling

Festivalling is not, a quick google of the two lls illicits 11,000 results, the one l spelling - 174,000 results - suggesting it's just hipsters and bad spellers who are trying to bring a fey spelling into existence.

Edited by 5co77ie

one of the reasons I stuck with one L was because it somehow looked more correct.

A different word that looks totally wrong when its written in a similar way is "focussed". It definitely looks more correct to me when written as "focused".

I was at college with a wonderful Italian woman but she just couldn't pronounce focus - it always came out as "Fock Us".  We loved getting her to say it.

Edited by grumpyhack