Emperors field

gbrw21

It's just the hill that leads to the entrance, it does get steeper as the weekend wears on... and last year on the Monday morning, lugging all the wet gear, it was like walking up a brick wall But apart from that...

its noisy  -and packed to the point of bursting. we stayed in it last year - thinking that the extra bit of 'luxury' in some way meant a more decent class of campers. it certainly was not. its very near the arena so there is that noise - also the campers are very very very loud. remember there is not a quiet camping after stages end ethos - like the family field etc......take your ear plugs

didnt mean to sound like a miserable git there!!! its a lot of fun - very convenient - people are friendly in the majority, decent facilities! i just felt very sorry for families who had booked there - young kids being terrified by very threatening sounding fighting manchunians, who after a few beers were vile. before you pitch your tent just stand still for a while an listen to your neighbours!

Emperors has really taken off in recent years and I think a lot of the overcrowding comes from the sizes of the tents that people take. Being able to park just across the road means it's quite easy to take a mansion for a bit of comfort for 3 or 4 people. Add to that gazebos and taped off areas and the plan for how many the field can accommodate drops down a bit.

It used to be quiet after dark as more and more families used it but like someone says if you're after quiet I'd head for family camping or the shire. Most people quote perks like the free showers but the queues a mile long and if you go to one of the £6 a go shower blocks with no queue at them and have 3 showers at the festival it's gonna cost you £18 as opposed to a £30 emperors ticket and booking fees on top !

didnt mean to sound like a miserable git there!!! its a lot of fun - very convenient - people are friendly in the majority, decent facilities! i just felt very sorry for families who had booked there - young kids being terrified by very threatening sounding fighting manchunians, who after a few beers were vile. before you pitch your tent just stand still for a while an listen to your neighbours!

Has to be the best explanation of the emperor experience I've ever read !

All true ! And most of the vile Mancs will be on the guest list ! LOL

Haha! We are from that neck of the woods but don't worry as you won't hear us arguing as we won't be in Emperor fields. Apparently the pod pads are great at blocking out any vile Manc brawling

Edited by Saturn5

I'm sorry I asked !  :startle:

Although our experience of the Quiet Camp last year was less than awful with a group of Scottish lads who were convinced they weren't in the quiet area! 

We've had friends stay in Emperor's who said it was ok so it could be luck of the draw on where you set up? 

Also... Someone mentioned gazebos but I thought they were on the no-no list ? 

I'm sorry I asked ! :startle:

Although our experience of the Quiet Camp last year was less than awful with a group of Scottish lads who were convinced they weren't in the quiet area!

We've had friends stay in Emperor's who said it was ok so it could be luck of the draw on where you set up?

Also... Someone mentioned gazebos but I thought they were on the no-no list ?

If in the Emperors you go left (up the slope) there was loads of room there last year, we were just down from the arena entrance and was nice. No late night noice but not dead as a dodo either, think there is an element of potluck with regards to neighbours!

I`ve heard there are some right roasters staying in Emperors this year     :ninja:

I know it has a different entrance into the main arena but do you still have to go through the normal covered bit where the cues and searches happen ? Or.... when you come out of Emperors ( I`m assuming they will have stewards at the gate ) is that you in ?