The magical and VERY personal experience that is.... *GLASTO*

Madabout G

Unless you've experienced Glastonbury 'first hand', no amount of stories or experiences from other people can prepare you for the truly personal journey that awaits you.

This place is beyond magical.

No overstatement.

Seriously.

It hits you.

For me, from the second I arrive I feel this deep feeling of peace and contentment.

I just know the next few days are going to be beyond expectations and incredible in every single way.

I know that I'm about to experience every single emotion multiplied by 10.

I laugh.

I cry.

I listen.

I sing (and I so CANT sing!)

I talk.

I Learn (SO, so much) (& maybe I even teach sharing my own experiences?)

I hug.

I bond.

I forge new friendships.... Some lasting, some fleeting, (but even those momentarily incredible)

When it comes to the time I have to leave, It's a sad, sad time.

An empty feeling because of what's at the other side of 'the fence'.

Without fail tears are shed.

Why can't 'life' in general be like this?

Glastonbury has been compared many times to Brigadoon. (Google it).

Thing is, Glastonbury is real.

It appears every year (pretty much), & if you're one of the fortunate few to buy a ticket.... Prepare yourself. Embrace the experience and prepare yourself for literally the (life changing) time of your life.

I look forward to other Glasto friends sharing their own experiences here x

Edited by Madabout G

I like sitting down by the Glastonbury sign and dropping lsd with my friends. I never laugh so much on any of the other 364 days of the year. Tears stream down my face and my cheeks ache. I like to watch the clouds dance in the sky. Then I go to the stone circle and make many friends and while these friendships are fleeting, they are deep connections.

Amen to that.

I've developed a new favourite moment - it's sometime Friday or Saturday when everything is in full swing and you're swinging along with it, and everyone around you is swinging along with it and the Festival has become all-consuming.

For a while it IS life: there's no outside, no thought of life beyond Sunday or of the troubles before Wednesday, literally nothing to worry about in the world beyond what wonderful wonderful thing next

And I dance my way through the crowd giggling, full to bursting with the joyness of life

After the festival life is quiet. Other events are fun and engaging but never hitting that 360' involvement, that feeling of it being a whole living thing. People in the normal world all in their bubbles - confused as you bring some of that joy back into the world and freely give it without want of reward. At least we can do our little bit, not forget the weight lifted from our shoulders, keeping the flame alight - knowing there are other ways, we've seen it, we lived it, we were there and it was real

Glastonbury is a shining example of how beautiful people can actually be and I feel more at home there than anywhere else.

Its who I am.

Anyone who is lucky enough to experience that feeling is truly blessed.

As I have heard many times some go to Glastonbury others go to Avalon. It isn't a place its a state of being.

That's the magic we experience.

Charm x

Unless you've experienced Glastonbury 'first hand', no amount of stories or experiences from other people can prepare you for the truly personal that awaits you.

This place is magical.

No overstatement.

Seriously.

It hits you.

For me, the second I arrive I feel this deep feeling of peace and contentment.

I just know the next few days are going to be beyond incredible in every single way.

I know that I'm about to experience every single emotion multiplied by 10.

I laugh.

I cry.

I listen.

I talk.

I Learn (SO, so much) (& maybe I even teach sharing my own experiences?)

I hug.

I bond.

I forge new friendships.... Some lasting, some fleeting (but even those momentarily incredible)

When it comes to the time I have to leave, It's a sad, sad time.

An empty feeling because of what's at the other side of 'the fence'.

Without fail tears are shed.

Why can't 'life' in general be like this?

Glastonbury has been compared many times to Brigadoon. (Google it).

Thing is, Glastonbury is real.

It appears every year (pretty much), & if you're one of the fortunate few to buy a ticket.... Prepare yourself. Embrace the experience and prepare yourself for literally the (life changing) time of your life.

I look forward to other Glasto friends sharing their own experiences here x

This was my first Glastonbury and I was up at 4.30 ready for shift at 6. Looking out across the site was just magical. Sun rising and still some lights on. I'll remember it always. And the music -felt euphoric! No ale , no drugs, just music........just amazing.

It was my first time this year having thought about going for the last twenty odd years.I went with the wife and 3 kids so no drugs and very little drink and it completly blew me away why oh why did i not go in the past.Magical place where you can escape the real world for a few days.The blues hit me hard for a good few days after I just hope i can get tickets for next year

Naaaah - we've got to rubbish it if we want to stand a chance at T Day.

So I really didn't enjoy taking my sensible head off and chilling for five days with some great friends - old and new.

For a while it IS life: there's no outside, no thought of life beyond Sunday or of the troubles before Wednesday, literally nothing to worry about in the world beyond.

This...sums it up for me.

Real life is forgotten and it is seriously hard getting back into it. I'm still struggling now :/

I always enjoy those moments where I have to take a sit down and think to myself "Fuck, I'm actually here". A particular favorite of mine was when I was at the ancient futures stage on the Wednesday and there was a folk band jamming there, really good, 2 violinists. I went outside the stage after they had finished and looked up at the sky and the fireworks had just started. I'm not really that arsed about fireworks usually but for some reason that was just a perfect moment in time and after missing out on last year it finally dawned on me that I need to soak up as much of this experience as I can and that feeling made me giddy with excitement.

Christ, I hope I get a ticket next year.

Glastonbury has pretty much taken over my life in the last 5 years and it has helped me grow as a person, finding things out about myself and people in general - mostly that people are, generally, good, decent souls. The bad is noticeable because it seems magnified. I think that the Glastonbury effect is there and it is real, but the people who are nice there are nice anyhow.

One thing I do struggle with is re-adjusting to the real world, and this year has been the most difficult in that regard. The sense of complete and utter belonging and inner peace that one feels at Glastonbury is severely put to the test when one is back to "normality".

Glastonbury has pretty much taken over my life in the last 5 years and it has helped me grow as a person, finding things out about myself and people in general - mostly that people are, generally, good, decent souls. The bad is noticeable because it seems magnified. I think that the Glastonbury effect is there and it is real, but the people who are nice there are nice anyhow.

One thing I do struggle with is re-adjusting to the real world, and this year has been the most difficult in that regard. The sense of complete and utter belonging and inner peace that one feels at Glastonbury is severely put to the test when one is back to "normality".

^^^^^^^^

THAT!

❤️

I love that "Why can't real life be like this" is a thing I hear and also feel every time I go. We need to take a bit of the magic we experienced there and introduce it a bit into our lives.

This year, perhaps because i didn't really have any must sees, but i keep seeing Glastonbury as a pick your own adventure, you may miss something amazing, but because you turned left instead of right you saw something else amazing. We all had our own adventures, our own personal Glastonbury and yet we all shared something special. 

The atmosphere, the feeling you have when your there, the being part of something so big but so beautiful and the way the weekend always brings joy, happiness and a total togetherness of everybody that's there is just magical. The way you can lose yourself, not necessarily with alcohol or drugs, because as you get older these things become less important, the way you can let yourself go without anyone giving a stuff and with everyone else being in the same boat. I did it pretty straight this year with just a steady drink and I enjoyed it this year as much as I have ever done. Don't get me wrong Live and let live but it is as wonderful now as it has ever been.  

Edited by adjwholovesmusic