Is it ok to be bricking it about oct tickets already

Respectfatfrog

Question. Is it true that once you get through and complete a transaction it's easy to go back and book more? Looking for 12 tickets...

I tried on Thursday and got back to the holding page.

I bought tickets on my phone and somehow managed to the press the back button whilst entering my card details TWICE! Had a mini panic attack but thank God it didn't take me back to the holding page. Instead I got back to the select departure page then straight to payment screen again.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's an even size group it's easy. Split the group into two equal sizes and everyone has the same amount of people trying for them. Odd size groups are where it gets tricky, unless you have friends you don't like as much. The rotating thing just has too much chance of going wrong I feel.

Edited by Untz

If it's an even size group it's easy. Split the group into two equal sizes and everyone has the same amount of people trying for them. Odd size groups are where it gets tricky, unless you have friends you don't like as much. The rotating thing just has too much chance of going wrong I feel.

^^this. Then if one group secures tickets, both groups can try for the group without tickets.

Thanks Untz & Curly, that sounds a better approach.

(But then there's all those 'well if she's not going I'll not bother...' politics to try to work into it.... socio-political nightmare...!! :) At least if I offend all these friends I'll be back to trying for myself + one other again next year!)

Can't agree with this. Are you suggesting that if there are eight of you trying, you'll only buy 4 per transaction? That means that if you only manage to make one purchase then two people are unnecessarily kept from going.

Can't agree with this. Are you suggesting that if there are eight of you trying, you'll only buy 4 per transaction? That means that if you only manage to make one purchase then two people are unnecessarily kept from going.

Seems more straight forward to split into two distinct groups. It saves panicking and trying to workout / remove the reg numbers that have already got tickets when the next person (hopefully) gets through.

Same here, pointless only going for four when you can go for 6. I think you should create 2 groups of 6 with an overlap of two people, draw lots or something for the people who get to be in both groups.

That's IF the next person gets through.

Totally agree, that's the risk you weigh up.

The other thing, as the idea is a 'rolling round' of reg numbers; what happens if our poster here, who is doing all the leg work, gets a ticket but his +1 doesn't. Or visa versa, his +1 gets a ticket and he doesn't. How many people end up not going afterall then? Do you go alone or not go in solidarity.... - beginning to feel like Xfactor

It probably comes down to your group, but I think that would be the best option for the average set of people yes. It is much more simpler with less room for human error and if you balance out the super keen and the lazy fucktards it should work out quite well. There would probably be less resentment from the losing group this way too.

Of course, if you're all obsessives who have spreadsheets and practice runs and lord knows what else who will accept the luck of the draw of being in the smaller losing group then it's fine to rotate the numbers. I wouldn't trust that system with most people though.

I got my ticket on Thursday but the rest of our group are using my bank details as a resting account. Will there be any issue with whatever person who gets through being the lead Booker using my bank details (obviously a different address to the one the card is registered at).

Not a problem at all - as long as the debit card details are correct for the card being used, it can have no connection whatsoever to any of the people having tickets bought for.

The drawback is that you have to type in the address of the card-holder, as the address of the lead booker will be automatically filled in on the payment page.... vital seconds lost!!

The best help here is to have some sort of auto-form-fill set up with that cardholder's details so you only have to type one or two characters and it'll auto-fill the rest.

Edited by billum

I'm in the pub. They had a Glastonbury cider and I thought it must be a good luck sign so I ordered a pint. There was only enough for a half pint. I am now hoping it is not a sign.

Nice cider though.

on the thursday i was biking it to work in the morning and saw a dead cat outside someone gate.. not the best of things to see in a morning but ontop of it the cat was black... which is obviously suppose to be bad luck! But i still got them so think positive haha!

on the thursday i was biking it to work in the morning and saw a dead cat outside someone gate.. not the best of things to see in a morning but ontop of it the cat was black... which is obviously suppose to be bad luck! But i still got them so think positive haha!

I don't believe in luck, karma and superstition. Apart from when it comes to Glastonbury tickets.