Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

He never had pace really.

I'm not really trying to claim that he did, just that all-round he used to be able to almost-always have enough about him to get to the ball.

He seems to have lost that now.

I'm not actually trying to knock him (there's much better things to get at him for than his football), it's more an observation that his age appears to have caught up with him.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the full Chelsea game, but let's be honest, Pedro's goal came from a deflection and his assist was a spooned shot. His cross for the Costa chance was good, but how did he play in general?

Thought he was good. Great movement in particular. Fit right in. His goal was deflected yeah but the one twos and movement for it were top notch. A handful.

I'm not really trying to claim that he did, just that all-round he used to be able to almost-always have enough about him to get to the ball.

I'm not actually trying to knock him (there's much better things to get at him for than his football), it's more an observation that his age appears to have caught up with him.

Defo yeah. Hes nearly 35. Suppose he has to make the choice now that Gerrard did. Be used tactically or leave.

Was watching MLS last night. LA Galaxy vs New York City. Some talent on the pitch. Gerrard, Pirlo, Villa, Keane.

Galaxy actually aren't too bad. New York City are fucking awful though. Check out some of the "defending" here.

https://youtu.be/R2S3mLqtaEI

Edited by The Nal

Didn't see the full Chelsea game, but let's be honest, Pedro's goal came from a deflection and his assist was a spooned shot. His cross for the Costa chance was good, but how did he play in general?

He played well, worked really hard too, very tidy footballer..

Pulis needs a right back ASAP, longer term a CB with a bit of pace.. Slow start but still think we'll be alright this season

One hell of an impressive PL debut. Looks as if he will have no issues with the pace of the game

Was really hoping him to be a flop and see Moany hole Maureen cry for a few more weeks dropping points, but now he shits on about how everyone and everything conspires against him and his team yet they still win in the face of such adversity. The guy spouts utter cock (worse than Rodgers Brentisms IMO) and the more pain he feels this season the more I will enjoy it.................but yep, unfortunately it looks as if Pedro will be a good source of pain relief for Jose et al...............

You've kind of proved him right and contradicted yourself in one post. He moaned that people enjoy him and Chelsea losing while you said he 'spouts cock' and you want him to continue losing. Eh?

Terry's red card yesterday ... anyone think he'll now have trouble getting back in the team?

That's at least twice already this season he';s been shown to have lost that extra half-yard of pace he used to have that made him so good. Without that bit of pace what's the point of him?

He's never had much pace. The reason he was so good last season is he was always the free man in defence, leaving Cahill to pick up the sole striker. His good positional sense meant this worked well but if we're gonna press with a high defensive line, he'll get caught out repeatedly. That system needs pace at the back. 

Thought Liverpool looked decent tonight, seem to have sorted a few of their defensive issues and Coutinho looks to be bossing it in the middle. 

You've kind of proved him right and contradicted yourself in one post. He moaned that people enjoy him and Chelsea losing while you said he 'spouts cock' and you want him to continue losing. Eh?

So I'm in a position to conspire against Chelsea? Or can u not read/understand English? Eh?

Don't be so sensitive. Moany arse is a great manager but he is an irritant to listen to....

Was watching MLS last night. LA Galaxy vs New York City. Some talent on the pitch. Gerrard, Pirlo, Villa, Keane.

Galaxy actually aren't too bad. New York City are fucking awful though. Check out some of the "defending" here.

https://youtu.be/R2S3mLqtaEI

I actually laughed at that first Galaxy goal, then all the rest were just as bad.

Thought Liverpool looked decent tonight, seem to have sorted a few of their defensive issues and Coutinho looks to be bossing it in the middle.

There were some great individual performances, and from a team that finished the match with three teenagers on the pitch. Against arsenal.

Coq had a pretty damn good one for arsenal, but Lucas bettered him. Countinho gets better each game. Beneteke is a monster who is improving every game. Firmino looks like he's gonna be a star. And Clyne must surely be a bargain.

But the one who stood out for me was Gomez, who did very little wrong and looked perhaps the best player on the pitch by the end of the game when others had flagged a bit, despite having to deal with the fresh legs of the Ox (about the only player to beat him).

Everyone wanting Chelsea to lose is a compliment isn't it? Liverpool had it in the 80s and United in the 90s and 00's.

Quite.

Rogers is a bit of a figure of fun. But he'd get the same treatment from non-Liverpool fans were he successful as Mourinho now, and old drunken face was before.

Two teams destined to finish quite a way off the top two

Not sure about that.

After all, at least one of the teams who you must be tipping for the top in the place of these two is doing even worse than these two.

Arsenal aren't up to speed yet, for whatever reasons. It's probably a good thing, as they've been coming on strong in the later half of the season in most recent years.

Liverpool are harder to judge. They're currently looking a bit short as an attacking force tho there's reasons to think they'll improve as the players get more familiar with each other. At the back they're looking much improved, and where that's been a big part of their weakness in the last few years.

Having said that I don't really think Liverpool have a hope of being as high as top-two, but at this moment in time there's nothing much to indicate how far away they might be. None of the better teams have got into their proper stride yet and some might never do (I'm looking at you LvG).

Edited by eFestivals

Lots of fence sitting commentary with no conclusion.

I stick by my thinking that neither Arsenal or Liverpool are capable of mounting a title challenge.

A lot easier to say than they will. Its a brave man who says differently................

2 years ago many would have said the same as you right now, and no one would have said differently.

2 years ago many would have said the same as you right now, and no one would have said differently.

Yep.

The likes of TGT poo-poo'd my September suggestion that Liverpool stood a great chance of still being in the top-four at xmas that season. TGT was very very wrong.

We all look at these things and see what we want to see. It doesn't mean our predictions are necessarily well-founded.