Whats your poison ?

swede

I unwhittingly had a shot of Stroh a few years back. I was feeling tired and about to go home when it was bought for me as a pick me up. Was absolutely floored.

Not taking anything this year as on the coach. Not a massive beer/cider drinker - can anyone recommend bars that sell a range of stuff?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I unwhittingly had a shot of Stroh a few years back. I was feeling tired and about to go home when it was bought for me as a pick me up. Was absolutely floored.

Not taking anything this year as on the coach. Not a massive beer/cider drinker - can anyone recommend bars that sell a range of stuff?

Pernod and cider looks like orange juice - instant annihilation - Just DON'T !!!!

Many a litre of Old Rosie if I can get my hands on any.

A few bottes of gin.

A bottle of Wray & Nephews.

A bottle of Jager.

A few crates of tinned beer, not sure what though because I hate warm lager and the cider I am bringing is stricly still.

I cannot read past the Wray. That stuff is mental.

I usually take a few crates of lager/cider and some vodka.  I wish I had enough money to be able to just drink from the bars but admin jobs just don't pay that well! I will have a few cold ones though.

Struggling to decide what to take this year.  Thinking of drinking red wine with coke but will most probably opt for my usual Fosters (shit I know) and possibly Strongbow (again, shit).

What is this "miniature polystyrene fridge" of which you speak earthling ......  link please?

I think this is it.

http://www.chillistick.com/all-products/dry-ice-pellets-in-pack-sizes.html

To be honest I never even considered dry ice before but this is a genius idea! The cooling properties would be far superior and I would have thought that the weight-to-cooling ratio would be better than standard water ice too. The only thing being how long it would last before it all sublimed away.... Actually, thinking about it, how much does liquid nitrogen cost nowadays :-) 

I used to be able to get hold of an Irish bootleg whisky called Pachine. It was a clear whisky and was by far the worst thing Ive ever tasted. I took it to a house party and on arrival passed it to one of my mates who took a big swig and declared to the whole house "this is what evil tastes like"

Just welcomed the arrival of

20x carling

10x bulmers

10x strongbow dark fruits

3x bottles of wine

1 bottle of gin

1 bottle of rum

A few mixers.

Should see me through till Friday :)

Will buy a few cold pints at the bars over the weekend so my supplies should last me.

Edited by nu-marc88

3 litres of vodka

1 litre of rum

1 box of red

Going on the bus but my bro is driving and kindly offered to take my carry out

It's a lot for one lass but I'd rather have some left on the Monday than none on the Sunday

Edited by Lou1983

I used to be able to get hold of an Irish bootleg whisky called Pachine. It was a clear whisky and was by far the worst thing Ive ever tasted. I took it to a house party and on arrival passed it to one of my mates who took a big swig and declared to the whole house "this is what evil tastes like

Being of somewhat Irish descent has led to me having Pachine on a number of occasions, absolutely hideous stuff - have a friend who's family pull it out at every opportunity at parties - absolute fuel that stuff.

Being of somewhat Irish descent has led to me having Pachine on a number of occasions, absolutely hideous stuff - have a friend who's family pull it out at every opportunity at parties - absolute fuel that stuff.

Ooft this stuff is lethal if we're on about the same thing, irish potato whisky, think it's poitin, its a whole new level of drunkenness! Lived with an Irish guy who used to bring some back after every visit home and inflicted it on unknowing house guests!

Ooft this stuff is lethal if we're on about the same thing, irish potato whisky, think it's poitin, its a whole new level of drunkenness! Lived with an Irish guy who used to bring some back after every visit home and inflicted it on unknowing house guests!

Yeah that's the stuff, never known how to spell it as it always comes in dodgy clear bottles - absolutely rancid stuff and no mistake.

Are you lads talking about poitin?

Stuff of legend and about 85-90% proof at least if you're getting the right stuff.

Tastes like the rivers of Mordor if unflavoured but if you can get clove or plum poitin it's very drinkable.

We used to get several bottles every Crimbo from friends of the family who have since passed so it's not as easy to get now.

No fucking way would I be drinking it at Glasto.

The transformation from upstanding member of the group to colossal bomb scare would be quicker than Clark Kent to Superman

Yeah that's the stuff, never known how to spell it as it always comes in dodgy clear bottles - absolutely rancid stuff and no mistake.

Sure does! I remeber taking a big swig out of a Caledonian clear water bottle and realising it was poitin....epic fail!