SOUND

mattuk

I find it very quiet compared to others. Understandable when you take the whole size of the site & what's going on

I find the opposite, not sure if its because of Glastonburys status and so has a very good license but its one of the loudest festivals Ive been to.

Glastonbury's perfectly loud but it may not initially seem so to a casual listener as they do like a nice quality mix without too much compression

I've been to some very 'loud' other gigs where the needle was buried in the red the whole time but it just muffly sound. Give me transitions!

Which is why I miss the Funktion 1 rigs, but they blew it super-badly somehow.

Funktion one were best suited for house music, fullstop! As it was basically a re-engineered turbosound flashlight system, by tony Andrews.

The db rig in the glade, really is engineered to play anything perefectly..

I remember watching sasha last year, was totally blown away, i could hear everything as i "reached up" totally immersed , then when it dropped, holly shit !! The place just took off!

Cant wait!

a few years back [ cant remeber which one ] the sound on the PS was really up and down we later found out that the music that WE couldnt hear COULD be heard 3/4 miles away .....it was something to do with the weather [ which was nice ] and the fact that glasto is in a natural bowl ....

a few years back [ cant remeber which one ] the sound on the PS was really up and down we later found out that the music that WE couldnt hear COULD be heard 3/4 miles away .....it was something to do with the weather [ which was nice ] and the fact that glasto is in a natural bowl ....

Yes, read that somewhere recently. They said the sound was 'reflecting' or 'bouncing' off the low clouds into the village.

It was in an article about the new tricks they were employing to improve the PS sound.

Best sound I have ever heard at Glastonbury was Portishead on the Other stage a few years ago. The Electronic snare on Machine Gun was immense. I was standing front left for the start of the gig and noticed they had slewed a lot of the percusion over to the left so I was getting all the bass and snare straight in my head. I moved to the centre for the second half of the gig and got the full force of brilliant mixing and sound levels. I wanted to find out who the engineer who did it and shake his hand. But can't seem to find it.

Best sound I have ever heard at Glastonbury was Portishead on the Other stage a few years ago. The Electronic snare on Machine Gun was immense. I was standing front left for the start of the gig and noticed they had slewed a lot of the percusion over to the left so I was getting all the bass and snare straight in my head. I moved to the centre for the second half of the gig and got the full force of brilliant mixing and sound levels. I wanted to find out who the engineer who did it and shake his hand. But can't seem to find it.

They also put up an extra rig of speakers centre top about 30 mins before they were due on. Great move.

Saturday, 2007. That was the beginning of the end of the festival's relationship with Funkion 1

If you want the best sound get as close to the sound desk as you can, there's a reason the engineers are where they are.

best for me is West Holts (if in the sweet spot) and Glade

As already mentioned the sound is pretty good everywhere but this can depend on the weather, and the size of the crowd

Just to add that im talking about stages that have a front of house engineer... in the smaller tents or dance tents the sound person might be backstage

this is my first year, but i've read several times that the sound is crap for most spots in the tent?  right in the middle is fine but anywhere other than that is quite bad?

yeah in the middle is fine, but the 'middle' is also very small and youll more than likely be outside the tent or stood to the sides where its shit